Hardin 38 Buna 60/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

19 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Larry Haynes was 45-41 at Hardin. I just looked it up. While that is indeed winning, I would consider it being very successful by any stretch of the imagination. More or less playing .500 ball. Sounds to me like it might be time to introduce a new gene pool at Hardin 

This is the hidden content, please

41 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Larry Haynes won at hardin 

Larry Haynes won..for the most part..ONE YEAR.  9 of his wins happened in one season, and it wasn’t his last year.  Also, I’m pretty sure he was ran off a couple of different times.

Neither here nor there, not taking anything away from the guy.. but he had one good year and it was a team of good players.  Even the great Larry Haynes couldn’t win without talent. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

Well.. it doesn’t hurt that the 8th grade has a pretty good kid taking snaps.  It’s Barrier’s son for those that don’t know.  Keep blaming him for varsity losses lol.  He’s liable for to take that QB son of his the hell outta there.. and who would blame him.  Then where are you?  Same old Hardin… expecting championships within a year or two with kids that have never won.  Kids that don’t do what it takes to win. In a school that I don’t even know whether or not has even won a football playoff game.  You Hardin fans sound like you expect to be as good as HD thinks they are.  Maybe you should consolidate the two schools.  Then we’d at least only have to deal with one set of delusional fans.

The last time a coach left Hardin with his quarterback son they went to Carthage and helped win 2-3 state championships in a row. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself but we are talking about Hardin. And yes, they beat Hemphill in a playoff game in 2007. 

Hardin HS
Student Statistics

Racial/Ethnic GroupNumberPercent

African American 3.97 % 

Hispanic 16.43 % 

White 77.62 %

Asian 0.28 % 

Native American 0.85 %

Two or More Races 0.85 %

Total Students 100.00%

Economically Disadvantage 45.89 %

*I have found the problem at Hardin. When only 4% of the enrollment is black, and you’re dealing with almost half of the kids being economically disadvantaged, then you’re not winning in East Texas. Period. You HAVE to have black kids to win in East Texas. There’s no way around it. Name me one all/predominantly white school in East Texas that has won historically? 

4 minutes ago, camsdad said:

The last time a coach left Hardin with his quarterback son they went to Carthage and helped win 2-3 state championships in a row. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself but we are talking about Hardin. And yes, they beat Hemphill in a playoff game in 2007. 

History usually does in certain circumstances.  So.. I’m guessing that was the year they won 9 games. Is that the school’s only playoff win in football?  That’s a whole lot of “it’s the coach’s fault” years.

9 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

History usually does in certain circumstances.  So.. I’m guessing that was the year they won 9 games. Is that the school’s only playoff win in football?  That’s a whole lot of “it’s the coach’s fault” years.

I believe it is. 

Guest mrtomcat

Rumor has it the school board at Hardin ISD has reached out to the greatest coach in setx history to guide them once again to mediocrity.  Yes, you heard it here first…Harry Laynes will take over in 2022

On 10/8/2021 at 11:00 PM, Benchwarmer9 said:

That’s on the coach!! Means they aren’t bought in 

This is music to my ears. I have hoped you fools in Hardin would begin to turn on Barrier so he would pack his stuff and take that incredible son of his somewhere where he has a real chance to shine. Fools is what you guys have always been and it is what you will always be. Someone already mentioned it, but Anthony Morgan could've been a Hornet, but alas, his father wasn't good enough for you guys. This story will end the same. You guys can sit at Hardin grocery and talk about how the kid was "almost a Hornet" while you recycle Haynes for the 10,000th time. Geez 

This is music to my ears. I have hoped you fools in Hardin would begin to turn on Barrier so he would pack his stuff and take that incredible son of his somewhere where he has a real chance to shine. Fools is what you guys have always been and it is what you will always be. Someone already mentioned it, but Anthony Morgan could've been a Hornet, but alas, his father wasn't good enough for you guys. This story will end the same. You guys can sit at Hardin grocery and talk about how the kid was "almost a Hornet" while you recycle Haynes for the 10,000th time. Geez 

Guest mrtomcat
1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Benchwarmer9 is not from Hardin.  Hell, i dont think there are any posters from Hardin on this site any more.  Rolltide maybe?

On 10/11/2021 at 11:41 AM, 2wedge said:

So if Mike and Anthony would have stayed in Hardin, they would have won?  Is that what you're saying here?  I mean like, he went and took his son to Carthage and made them great?  Come on now....I think Anthony was an exceptional athlete, and a great QB, and I like Mike an awful lot too, but Hardin would still be a winless playoff team without Haynes, IMO.  

Also, I don't disagree with everything about Hardin faithful or Hardin School Board, heck they made one of the most tenured and really good Baseball coaches step down from baseball all together (board and Super from what I understand), so I know there is something wrong in Hardin.  But Mike had chances to win in Hardin and didn't. Period.  Fools or not, this is also a fact.  

I'm not from Hardin, but my wife taught there for many years, and Hardin is not without faults, but to call everybody in Hardin fools is a bit much and tasteless imo.  Just Sayin