Hardin 38 Buna 60/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

Just now, Benchwarmer9 said:

That’s on the coach!! Means they aren’t bought in 

The amount of clueless you possess is astounding.  I have friends of friends at Hardin.  What are their numbers?  How’s practice participation? How’s summer workout participation? Do they act right in class? Do they pass?

I understand it’s easy to blame the coach.  In fact, ignorant people use that as the go-to.  But.. there’s a lot more to that place having been awful for 100 years or whatever than the coach.  Maybe people in the community should pick something else to do.  Academic UIL, maybe?  I don’t know.. 

When you have 6-8 kids show up for summer workouts on the varsity you don’t expect much, JH Kids have bought in 30-40 kids at works outs and it shows. 
Hardin 8th Grade is 5-0, Hardin 7th Grade is 4-1 kids have bought into the program. you have to build a program from the bottom up & barrier is doing a fine job. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Hardin 38 Buna 60/FINAL
4 hours ago, rolltide3315 said:

When you have 6-8 kids show up for summer workouts on the varsity you don’t expect much, JH Kids have bought in 30-40 kids at works outs and it shows. 
Hardin 8th Grade is 5-0, Hardin 7th Grade is 4-1 kids have bought into the program. you have to build a program from the bottom up & barrier is doing a fine job. 

Hes won 2 games, this is his second season how many games did he win at his previous school? He better win varsity football games that’s what matters you don’t get fired for losing middle school games. If the kids aren’t  playing hard that’s on the head coach, you should make progress throughout the year and they aren’t, hence Kountze they have gotten better since game 1. 

6 hours ago, rolltide3315 said:

Yep. It’s been this way for years. The coach has to be given more than 2-3 years to turn things around. 

7 hours ago, rolltide3315 said:

Well.. it doesn’t hurt that the 8th grade has a pretty good kid taking snaps.  It’s Barrier’s son for those that don’t know.  Keep blaming him for varsity losses lol.  He’s liable for to take that QB son of his the hell outta there.. and who would blame him.  Then where are you?  Same old Hardin… expecting championships within a year or two with kids that have never won.  Kids that don’t do what it takes to win. In a school that I don’t even know whether or not has even won a football playoff game.  You Hardin fans sound like you expect to be as good as HD thinks they are.  Maybe you should consolidate the two schools.  Then we’d at least only have to deal with one set of delusional fans.

42 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Well.. it doesn’t hurt that the 8th grade has a pretty good kid taking snaps.  It’s Barrier’s son for those that don’t know.  Keep blaming him for varsity losses lol.  He’s liable for to take that QB son of his the hell outta there.. and who would blame him.  Then where are you?  Same old Hardin… expecting championships within a year or two with kids that have never won.  Kids that don’t do what it takes to win. In a school that I don’t even know whether or not has even won a football playoff game.  You Hardin fans sound like you expect to be as good as HD thinks they are.  Maybe you should consolidate the two schools.  Then we’d at least only have to deal with one set of delusional fans.

Larry Haynes won at hardin 

16 minutes ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

Larry Haynes won at hardin 

Larry Haynes was 45-41 at Hardin. I just looked it up. While that is indeed winning, I would consider it being very successful by any stretch of the imagination. More or less playing .500 ball. Sounds to me like it might be time to introduce a new gene pool at Hardin 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Pig said:

Larry Haynes was 45-41 at Hardin. I just looked it up. While that is indeed winning, I would consider it being very successful by any stretch of the imagination. More or less playing .500 ball. Sounds to me like it might be time to introduce a new gene pool at Hardin 

He won, being above .500 at hardin is impressive, go look at the other head coaches records at hardin lol