Rusk eagles at Jasper bulldogs

lcm93

I would agree with that. I’ve seen portions of all their games and the defense will be a major upgrade to every team we have played except Palestine but I do think Jasper has a better defense than Palestine. On the other hand Jasper’s offense...I’ll say this, their offense is why they are only slightly better than the teams we have played. 
The reason I think we will win is our offense is good enough to score 10-14 points against anyone, we scored 21 in last years game and we are much better this year. I just don’t believe Jasper can score more than that against us. 
Who knows we may get shutout and lose by 30. At least I will know our schedule was the reason for my optimism. 

1 hour ago, RonStopable said:

It doesn’t hurt 😁
In your opinion is Jasper a major upgrade to our previous opponents, a slight upgrade, or just another bad team?

Jasper's a dreadful offensive team until proven otherwise. However, the Bulldogs are good enough defensively to win games if the offense shows up AT ALL. 

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

Three of Rusk’s opponents are ranked in the 700’s in MaxPreps and one in the 600’s.  They’re probably decent but not the world beaters their 5-0 record may indicate.  Jasper has a legitimate chance, but as posted above, their offense has to show up.

Every team Rusk has beaten is ranked higher than every team Jasper has beaten.  Just saying 

15 minutes ago, RonStopable said:

Every team Rusk has beaten is ranked higher than every team Jasper has beaten.  Just saying 

Lol, and I’m not saying Jasper is going to win, just saying they have a shot.  Probably have to be their defense that wins it if they can pull it out.

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

since we have only "beat" Hardin Jefferson. so them being above HJ doesn't say much. just saying.

all loses have come from teams in higher classification at their home field

Great point, and holding 5A-D2 PNG to just one offensive TD should impress everyone.

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

since we have only "beat" Hardin Jefferson. so them being above HJ doesn't say much. just saying.

all loses have come from teams in higher classification at their home field

That was my point. Just like 3 of our wins being against teams from the 700 club doesn’t say much.
I firmly believe this game could go either way if Jasper can get some offensive success.

I’m interested to see IF we are able to move the ball on Jasper’s defense like we have up to this point. I will then know how good we actually are this year. 

This is why I’m excited to see this game.
Rusk has scored 220 points in 5 games this year and only 10 of those points were scored in the 4th quarter. The game with Bullard is the only game we scored after the 3rd quarter. 
Jasper has only given up 38 points in four games. They gave up 8 points to Vidor whose offense was averaging 41 pts per game against their first three opponents. 

The immovable object versus the unstoppable force.