Nederland Bulldogs at Texas City Stingarees

lcm93

I’ve been high on Texas City all year. I think they take this one and really frighten  the whole district. 

35-28 TC. It’s a slugfest but they get up a score get the ball back and that running game puts the game away not letting the Nederland offense on the field enough to make their dogged comeback. 

That’s what I’m worried about. TC running game. Our D-line will have to step it up a good bit. Also we haven’t established a RB on offense. We really haven’t given #9 but a handful of carries a game.  QB has been the running game this year and eventually someone is gonna key on that and shut it down.

Call me what you want, but I was not impressed with Nederland at all. Do not take a win over PNG as a tall hill you had to climb. This PNG team might be the 2nd team in the participant ribbon era to not make the playoffs. And for what it’s worth, somehow PNG made a game of it with Nederland. I’ll take TC by 14 or more. 

Everybody is always talking about how they want to play in a tough district so that they’re battle tested for the playoffs .  .  .  Until they’re actually in one. Now you have a team ranked 7th in the state at the midway point in the season in danger of finishing in 4th place with a couple losses, which probably includes a first round exit against FBM, or possibly missing the playoffs all together. 

Nederland is probably for sure in in at least the three spot but these are possibilities. Kind of have to tip the cap to the district this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dayton ruin someone’s year. 

54 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Everybody is always talking about how they want to play in a tough district so that they’re battle tested for the playoffs .  .  .  Until they’re actually in one. Now you have a team ranked 7th in the state at the midway point in the season in danger of finishing in 4th place with a couple losses, which probably includes a first round exit against FBM, or possibly missing the playoffs all together. 

Nederland is probably for sure in in at least the three spot but these are possibilities. Kind of have to tip the cap to the district this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Dayton ruin someone’s year. 

Or Crosby could crumble and finish 4th or not make it.  

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If I'm not mistaken the same thing was said last year too

17 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Trial by fire.  I think that a tougher district (and non-district) games prepare teams for the playoffs.   I have seen teams that just mow through their district and get eliminated in the first or second round when they run into a tough team that has faced more adversity. 

31 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

I just decided to look at TCs schedule... Not very impressive opponents at all....

True, but the combined scores in their last four games are 168-10 meaning they've dispatched lesser competition the way you would expect from a good team. Clear Brook has better personnel than what they'll see from most of our district and TC was able to squeak by them. I know PNG likes tradition, TC has the most recent state championship tradition with their titles in 1997 and 1999. 

2 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Trial by fire.  I think that a tougher district (and non-district) games prepare teams for the playoffs.   I have seen teams that just mow through their district and get eliminated in the first or second round when they run into a tough team that has faced more adversity. 

Dang, did you just call out PAM’s team from last year ?  

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

True, but the combined scores in their last four games are 168-10 meaning they've dispatched lesser competition the way you would expect from a good team. Clear Brook has better personnel than what they'll see from most of our district and TC was able to squeak by them. I know PNG likes tradition, TC has the most recent state championship tradition with their titles in 1997 and 1999. 

I understand all of that and I was at those games myself to witness two SCs from one district. I just saw that they have played a weaker schedule than I expected. Much weaker. I am not saying they aren't a good football team I am saying that the schedule they played should make their win-loss record what it is and their PA-PF look like it does. 

On 10/4/2021 at 8:56 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

I can’t imagine the rankings. If Nederland is the number 7 team in the state, it’s a off year in Texas High School Football. I have seen film, and watched them for 4 quarters against us. And nothing told me they are a top 10 team. Double Fusiler, and contain the QB and your golden. They are small, not super fast, and did not have a RB against us. The QB did the running. I think they finish 3 or 4. Depending on BH. Crosby cake walks through the district, BH and TC game will decide number 2 and 3, then Nederland. Dayton might be a wild card, but against us, I didn’t see a team capable of beating a good team. 

6 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Couldn't have been, Nederland wasn't ranked #7 at the midway point in the season last year. 

Not talking about them ranked 7th but if I remember correctly Crosby and BH were suppose to be the 1 2 punch last year's with png and nederland holding up the 3 and 4 spot. Your right about nederland could end up being the 3rd or 4th spot especially if nederland doesn't clean up their game. 

After watching game film on TC… there is 2 scenarios that are going to happen…. 

1.) TC strength of running the ball and our slow starts TC capitalizes on that and they win big… like 2 at least TDs. 

2.) TC let’s Nederland hang around through the whole game and 4th quarter Dogs come back and win by a squeaker after TC has been winning the whole game…. 

This long bus trip to TC they better be ready to come off the bus and ready to play… TC is about to punch them right in mouth.   

Get Fusuilier one on one with  # 0 and he'll have a BIG Night.The corner is Handzy and is a candidate for holding or pass interference .It's in TC so ( well enough said ).#9 Christian White ( soph. ) is a gamer in the middle of their defensive line.If you load up to stop Mr.Bell,Duran is a capable throwing QB with Jolly and Cole-McCray capable wide outs. I'm pretty sure Barrow knows all this, so look for a evenly fought game .TC at. home 27-17.