Barbers Hill @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I haven’t seen PNG much this year except for the Ned game, but you can really use that game for intell. However I didn’t think they looked bad at all especially against that big O line Ned has. BH will have a similar O-line to deal and D-line , both get better each week. We opened some new wrinkles this week with a super sophomore. BH still has things to work out particularly on the mental side of the game to keep composure! If we can keep improving at the rate we are BH will be a tough out for most. Still we will not overlook the Indians at home. 

Seriously, just ask Stattrax he’ll be honest.  On paper, BH should win this one big.  Just gotta stop that 1 fake punt and recover the onside kick that they will do to try and steal possessions. 

BH needs to win in the trenches and be consistent on offense. Any pass play should go to Herndon until PNG can stop it. This is what I thought they should've stuck with against Crosby, but I think we threw to him one time in the second half. PNG has a first year starting QB, so hopefully our DL continues to get some penetration and put pressure on him to make bad decisions. Should be a good game.

I have been through great seasons & teams, as well as flat out bad seasons & teams in my 56 years of attending PNG football.  I believe this Indian team has a long way to go to improve & be competitive.  That said, it will not all happen this year.  Unless Barbers Hill plays an off game, even if PNG executes it's offense well, the Eagles have the advantage.  I hope for a solid, competitive game with no injuries.  Always have faith in my Indians to find a way to win.  Looking forward to this game.😊

12 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

You got that right, we are simple folk that enjoy breathing fresh air, stomping on ant mounds, and beating the hill at home in front of the whole yuppy community. Wipe your tears with your land deeds and gtfoi

To be fair you can do a lot on 43 acres in Barrett Station. Nothing like drinking cold beer and sighting in the AR during the kid’s birthday party.  

12 hours ago, pakronos said:

BH will blow this one out the water. The Crosby game is not a measuring stick good grief!!! BH is the perfect example of a program that improved and fixed things from the first game I’d the year till now. Come playoffs, I don’t see why they shouldnt be a 3-4th rd team. Quarterback and rb looks for contact and will run u over!

Lol, I know you don’t think PAM was their measuring stick? In all actuality the team that has won or tied for the DC six of the last eight years IS the measuring stick in a normal year. What else would they use before the playoffs?

I know that L was painful but don’t worry, we’ll probably in the same district soon and will be handing y’all a lot more of them. Lol, y’all are just Beaumont Ozen with better athletes. Congrats to PAM on a great 9-2 year though. 

As far as the statement about them being able to reach the 3rd or 4th round, I agree and I actually have insight because I watched us beat most of the teams it will take to get there this year.

3 hours ago, PNGFaithful said:

That would be great if our Defense wasn’t given up a lot more!

Let me see... Establish the run = keeps the ball away from the offense of the other team. Keeps the defense rested (you have said multiple times we have no-one to back up the starters). Thus leveling the playing field. Why is it you believe that PNG has lost the game already?

35 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Let me see... Establish the run = keeps the ball away from the offense of the other team. Keeps the defense rested (you have said multiple times we have no-one to back up the starters). Thus leveling the playing field. Why is it you believe that PNG has lost the game already?

I’m not sure about backups, but I would man up, spy the QB, and take some chances. We have athletes on the defensive side of the ball. They are just out of position. Simplify it, and make the QB beat you with accurate passes. Pound  the rock and limit possessions. Don’t get cute in the play calling and keep it a one possession game. Its worth a shot!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

I’m not sure about backups, but I would man up, spy the QB, and take some chances. We have athletes on the defensive side of the ball. They are just out of position. Simplify it, and make the QB beat you with accurate passes. Pound  the rock and limit possessions. Don’t get cute in the play calling and keep it a one possession game. Its worth a shot!!!!!

We are on the same page. We kno9w our RB is pretty good. No one has stopped him this year. His lowest I believe was 69 yards

13 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

We are on the same page. We kno9w our RB is pretty good. No one has stopped him this year. His lowest I believe was 69 yards

One thing that Neumann was good at was creating an offense around the best player.  Faircloth needs to do the same this year.  I would line up in a power formation and hand the ball off to that RB all game.  He reminds me of Krautz from Nederland.  Take some of the pressure off of yalls QB.  

As far as BH possibly "making 3rd or 4th round" I don't know what that thought is based on. Once again, BH has yet to prove it can close out a game against a good opponent. Flukes can happen and poor teams can be encountered in the 2nd round, but especially in the 3rd round and on, you have nothing but good opponents left.

BH first has to make the playoffs, and if they don't win this week vs. PNG its pretty much over for this year. After that, seeding matters. BH as a 4th seed won't last long at all. As I said earlier, BH has to focus on one game and one opponent at a time. Can't get too far ahead. Answers are about to come.     

Were I a BH fan the “hangover situation”, as Cougar14.2 mentioned, would be my biggest concern.  That loss last week has got to hurt.  The Eagles might be licking their wounds instead of stalking their prey.  Get by that hurdle and BH should win.  Also keep in mind beating the Indians on the Reservation is rarely an easy task.

I think BH rights the ship after the tough loss this week. The coaching staff has this team improving weekly. Each week we learn a little more, so this week will be no different. PNG is not a team that you cannot get up for, playing at the reservation in front of that crowd will bring a playoff type atmosphere.  This time of year it’s do or die and the Eagles aren’t done yet.

17 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Because we’re just not that good at the moment. 

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

You think maybe its because we only have a handful of seniors on the team? Last week a freshman started.

Not sure we had a freshman on the field. If so I was not aware. Experience is experience. A lot of these juniors played last year. Athletic ability of some of these kids are better than some of the seniors. I refuse to put out names, but a few changes will need to be made in order to be better next year. But I think next year will Be about the same depending on the rest of the district. Offensively, we need a few wholesale changes. And defensively we could be coached up some IMO. At this point I would go man free on defense. I was laughed at this year about we would give up 40 A game, but it’s a possibility. I cannot express enough. Run the ball 40 times a game. I have no issues with the RB. He runs hard. But we need to utilize him versus getting cute. I’m still going with 5-5. Out best chance is BH. TC on film just looks fast enough to give us trouble, especially on the defensive side. But we still have to play the game, win,  And we have chance at the #4 spot. All these are just opinions, based on my TECMO bowl knowledge.