Barbers Hill @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

15 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

PNG fans, how crowded is the Neches Wheelhouse on Friday evenings? Are there long wait times? I saw the place on the Texas Bucket List TV series.   

Wheelhouse is worth it. No idea on the crowd on Friday but I went on a Sunday afternoon and it was pretty packed.

1 hour ago, PNGFaithful said:

Usually gets out coached 

Upset that Coach Faircloth sits atop the PN-G coaching W/L list?  All the Coach Faircloth haters want to get rid of him. Who would you bring in?  Be careful what you ask for, a return to 1984-1988 or the MB era minus D. Long is just around the corner.

9 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

Upset that Coach Faircloth sits atop the PN-G coaching W/L list?  All the Coach Faircloth haters want to get rid of him. Who would you bring in?  Be careful what you ask for, a return to 1984-1988 or the MB era minus D. Long is just around the corner.

No one wants to get rid of him, he needs to adjust his coaching and play calling. He tries to get to fancy and cute too many times. It cost the Nederland game this year. Get always from what is working and given. 

17 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Faircloth certainly hasn't been horrible against Crosby or BH either one,

I just went back ten years like I mentioned in my OP. BF is 2-4 against Crosby and both wins were with RJ which was my point. Not just against Crosby but in general. One PNG win he accounted for all 10 tds and the other game in ‘18 was when he threw a td at the end after doing some type of Houdini scramble. 

If you look at BF’s playoff history over the last ten years is mostly just RJ. I think his only first round win without him in that period is the shootout y’all had with Dayton in ‘15. I think y’all won when Dayton went for two at the end of the game? I saw y’alls second round game that year when Angleton ran two different running plays and Billy Foster put up like 325 and 5tds as a sophomore in a blowout.

I think BF is good coach but IDK if I would say he’s the best fit for PNG’s personnel. Seems like his style of coaching is still more geared to what he was working with at Odessa Permian vs what he has on an average basis now. First couple of years were solid but once everybody sees it and adjust he needs RJ. 

12 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I just went back ten years like I mentioned in my OP. BF is 2-4 against Crosby and both wins were with RJ which was my point. Not just against Crosby but in general. One PNG win he accounted for all 10 tds and the other game in ‘18 was when he threw a td at the end after doing some type of Houdini scramble. 

If you look at BF’s playoff history over the last ten years is mostly just RJ. I think his only first round win without him in that period is the shootout y’all had with Dayton in ‘15. I think y’all won when Dayton went for two at the end of the game? I saw y’alls second round game that year when Angleton ran two different running plays and Billy Foster put up like 325 and 5tds as a sophomore in a blowout.

I think BF is good coach but IDK if I would say he’s the best fit for PNG’s personnel. Seems like his style of coaching is still more geared to what he was working with at Odessa Permian vs what he has on an average basis now. First couple of years were solid but once everybody sees it and adjust he needs RJ. 

I love those arguments that's its only one player. Take away that stud RB or that great QB from Crosby that season and they wouldn't have even been in the game against PNG. Its all the same. Rochon was a PNG Indian. I will never understand an argument that says well if you wouldn't have had that guy. If Matt Burnett was our coach he would have been a RB. Faircloth designed a great system around Rochon to make it to three third round trips. I would say you are doing a disservice to our receiver in Preston Riggs who was all state in 3 different sports. That's 3 different sports. He went on to college in another sport with coaches still reaching out to him years later to come plat football. This is also the same group of kids that won the State Championship in Baseball and combined with some of our fellow Nederland players to win the world series in Babe Ruth. The 2017 PNG graduating class won more games than ant other graduating class in our history. Ever. Across all sports. Remember Coach Faircloth was the AD over all of them on the boys side including deciding to hire and outsider in Coach Carter in Baseball.

24 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Coach Faircloth is 4-4 against Crosby by the way about as even as it gets. 

2009 PNG 37  Crosby 7

2010  PNG 38  Crosby 7

2011  Crosby 30  PNG 29

2013 Crosby 49  PNG 28    ( Walter Brothers I believe. Without them probably would have not been a game.) Using Rochon logic.

2017 PNG 72 Crosby 69

2018 PNG 48 Crosby 45

2019 Crosby 13 PNG 7

2020 Crosby 54 PNG 14

You paint a different picture but the Crosby PNG battles have been great under Faircloth. 3 blow out wins two by PNG and one by Crosby. 4 games by a TD or less. 3 games by 3 points or less. 

Not sure were you got your stats or perhaps you didn't realize FC went back as far as he did. 

I respect your ability to describe things in terms of stats. You truly have my respect in that. You have also calmed down through the years some to be more reasonable in your talks. You will jump on your own team when you feel the need. I respect that as well. So in truth I believe that you can understand that these stats don't lie. I respect what Crosby has done as a program. I was a fan all the way to state. Rooting for you guys to win and disappointed win you did not. Best of luck this season. 

BY the way Faircloth ,after the win against Dayton, became the winningest coach IN PNG history. He sits a top the wins list and surpassed Matt Burnett. Coach  Faircloth has won 97 games 5 district championships, 11 playoff appearances, and 39 players received all state recognition. 

14 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

OR -- could go back to the Doug Ethridge State Championship contending era!  It's just where one sets the bar.  Plus, whatever the fan base is satisfied with.  But, deep down in side, if there's a choice of an Ethridge-type coach or BF, then, personally, I think, if they were being honest, they'd pick the Ethridge-type.  Just my opinion!

54 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

BY the way Faircloth ,after the win against Dayton, became the winningest coach IN PNG history. He sits a top the wins list and surpassed Matt Burnett. Coach  Faircloth has won 97 games 5 district championships, 11 playoff appearances, and 39 players received all state recognition. 

Surely that’s mostly Academic All Staters? That’s an awful lot…. Just asking…

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Coach Faircloth is 4-4 against Crosby by the way about as even as it gets. 

2009 PNG 37  Crosby 7

2010  PNG 38  Crosby 7

2011  Crosby 30  PNG 29

2013 Crosby 49  PNG 28    ( Walter Brothers I believe. Without them probably would have not been a game.) Using Rochon logic.

2017 PNG 72 Crosby 69

2018 PNG 48 Crosby 45

2019 Crosby 13 PNG 7

2020 Crosby 54 PNG 14

You paint a different picture but the Crosby PNG battles have been great under Faircloth. 3 blow out wins two by PNG and one by Crosby. 4 games by a TD or less. 3 games by 3 points or less. 

Not sure were you got your stats or perhaps you didn't realize FC went back as far as he did. 

I respect your ability to describe things in terms of stats. You truly have my respect in that. You have also calmed down through the years some to be more reasonable in your talks. You will jump on your own team when you feel the need. I respect that as well. So in truth I believe that you can understand that these stats don't lie. I respect what Crosby has done as a program. I was a fan all the way to state. Rooting for you guys to win and disappointed win you did not. Best of luck this season. 

I said 10 years, as in ‘11-‘20 which is where he’s 2-4, officially 1-5. I think you have to classify both ‘13 and ‘20 as blowouts. His first two wins against Crosby his first two years as PNG’s coach were against Flannigan who was not a good coach at Crosby and was fired a year later. Flannigan missed the playoffs his first year and then went six straight but was still fired at the end of the ‘11 season. What he did just didn’t work here. That’s why we’ve looked different under the last two coaches. You can say the same for BH letting Gage go now. 

What I’m saying is BF doesn’t get RJ’s, that’s why I point to him as a singularity at PNG. Crosby coaches get the Walter-type kids. Riggs was good but he was not a better receiver than Rose, he just got the benefit of playing with RJ who made you keep 8 in the box to stop him from running. Again, he was a very good high school player. 

You talk about Walter’s game against y’all like it was better than Williams’ 300+ and 5td performance or Howard throwing for over 300 and 4tds the same game. You forgot that though because of the 10tds RJ put up. I didn’t go all the way back through the stats but Crosby has probably has close to nine 1,000 yards rushers since the Twins graduated. Our coaches get a lot of explosive players so the Twins weren’t an anomaly at Crosby. RJ was for BF and to his credit he took advantage. They were his three best years, we never made it out of the second round with the Twins though. 

Point I’m trying to make was theorized by Crosby in ‘11 and verified by both Crosby and BH with their recent play under their new coaches comparable to where it was. Undoubtedly BF is a great person and sometime that’s enough. 

6 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I said 10 years, as in ‘11-‘20 which is where he’s 2-4, officially 1-5. I think you have to classify both ‘13 and ‘20 as blowouts. His first two wins against Crosby his first two years as PNG’s coach were against Flannigan who was not a good coach at Crosby and was fired a year later. Flannigan missed the playoffs his first year and then went six straight but was still fired at the end of the ‘11 season. What he did just didn’t work here. That’s why we’ve looked different under the last two coaches. You can say the same for BH letting Gage go now. 

What I’m saying is BF doesn’t get RJ’s, that’s why I point to him as a singularity at PNG. Crosby coaches get the Walter-type kids. Riggs was good but he was not a better receiver than Rose, he just got the benefit of playing with RJ who made you keep 8 in the box to stop him from running. Again, he was a very good high school player. 

You talk about Walter’s game against y’all like it was better than Williams’ 300+ and 5td performance or Howard throwing for over 300 and 4tds the same game. You forgot that though because of the 10tds RJ put up. I didn’t go all the way back through the stats but Crosby has probably has close to nine 1,000 yards rushers since the Twins graduated. Our coaches get a lot of explosive players so the Twins weren’t an anomaly at Crosby. RJ was for BF and to his credit he took advantage. They were his three best years, we never made it out of the second round with the Twins though. 

Point I’m trying to make was theorized by Crosby in ‘11 and verified by both Crosby and BH with their recent play under their new coaches comparable to where it was. Undoubtedly BF is a great person and sometime that’s enough. 

You cant measure FC accurately without looking at the full pic why would you cut out his first wins against Crosby? That's curious. His second game ever as a head coach was a victory against Crosby. No RJ in any of those wins.

23 hours ago, 1989NDN said:

You have no sense. Hopefully you played football in 89. MB went to the dance with Long. Don’t remember BF making it out of the 3rd with Shug. BF might be your GOAT, but don’t badmouth a man that went to the dance in 99. The only thing you have right is the Butch Troy era…. the rest of your post is comical…..