Barbers Hill @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

15 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

As far as BH possibly "making 3rd or 4th round" I don't know what that thought is based on. Once again, BH has yet to prove it can close out a game against a good opponent. Flukes can happen and poor teams can be encountered in the 2nd round, but especially in the 3rd round and on, you have nothing but good opponents left.

BH first has to make the playoffs, and if they don't win this week vs. PNG its pretty much over for this year. After that, seeding matters. BH as a 4th seed won't last long at all. As I said earlier, BH has to focus on one game and one opponent at a time. Can't get too far ahead. Answers are about to come.     

1 QTR at a time

6 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Maybe. We’ve already seen Nederland wasn’t all that. We gave that one away. The hill and Crosby just showed everyone a lack of defense. Maybe anything’s possible. We will know a lot more after Friday night from two games. 

Or we showed two very good offenses 😎

10 hours ago, chief1987 said:

Maybe. We’ve already seen Nederland wasn’t all that. We gave that one away. The hill and Crosby just showed everyone a lack of defense. Maybe anything’s possible. We will know a lot more after Friday night from two games. 

That's an odd statement considering PNG hasn't shown anything all year. The defensive statement is even more odd considering PNG just gave up 35 to Dayton who scored 0 on Crosby's defensive starters the week before. Plus, you can look back at the last decade under BF and see that he really can't do anything with PNG's personnel unless he has RJ to cover up the warts so IDK about "anything" really being possible?  

55 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That's an odd statement considering PNG hasn't shown anything all year. The defensive statement is even more odd considering PNG just gave up 35 to Dayton who scored 0 on Crosby's defensive starters the week before. Plus, you can look back at the last decade under BF and see that he really can't do anything with PNG's personnel unless he has RJ to cover up the warts so IDK about "anything" really being possible?  

It’s possible. Take your blinders off. 

17 minutes ago, chief1987 said:

I saw the highlights. There was no defense.  

Considering our schedule, that was the first game Crosby had given up over 28 offensive points. I wouldn’t take me game like that as gospel. Otherwise I would be on here talking about how Santa Fe held Nederland to less than y’all did. 

7 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Considering our schedule, that was the first game Crosby had given up over 28 offensive points. I wouldn’t take me game like that as gospel. Otherwise I would be on here talking about how Santa Fe held Nederland to less than y’all did. 

Kinda like your reference to y’all and Dayton. Same difference. Like I said earlier we will have a better idea of where teams really are after the two games Friday night. 

28 minutes ago, A BUC 77 said:

If the game was in BH I'd give them the nod.  PNG's loss to Nederland put a sore taste in the mouth.  They played excellent for most of that game.  If they get there stuff together and stay focused the whole game, they will beat BH by a TD.

BH is very capable of coming in a BH’ing the game up considering they’ve collapsed in 40% of their games this year. I’ve watched a couple PNG games this year though and they just aren’t very good right now. I know they got 42 on Dayton but this is one of the weaker PNG offenses I’ve seen. 

Again, as has been demonstrated multiple times the past couple of years BH isn’t very good at closing teams out but if they can keep that same energy from last week I don’t think PNG can stay within 14+ points of the Eagles. In a general sense I think BH is a little better than last year and PNG is a little worse which is the main reason I think BH wins comfortably. 

12-5A TEAM  SCORING & POINTS ALLOWED AVERAGES PER GAME THROUGH 5 GAMES  

Texas City- OFF.-41 ppg.     DEF.-8 pts. per game

Nederland-OFF.-33 ppg.     DEF.-15 pts. per game

PNG- OFF.-26 ppg.              DEF.-28 pts. per game

Crosby- OFF.- 38 ppg.         DEF.-31 pts. per game

B.H.- OFF.- 37 ppg.              DEF.-41 pts. per game

K.W.P.-OFF.- 21 ppg.            DEF.-39 pts. per game

Dayton-OFF.-38 ppg.           DEF.-41 pts. per game

Santa Fe-OFF.-4 ppg.          DEF.-40 pts. per game

I know each teams strength of schedule varies in these numbers, but as a whole the district has good scoring teams but is weak on the defensive side of the ball IMO.

16 minutes ago, KF89 said:

12-5A TEAM  SCORING & POINTS ALLOWED AVERAGES PER GAME THROUGH 5 GAMES  

Texas City- OFF.-41 ppg.     DEF.-8 pts. per game

Nederland-OFF.-33 ppg.     DEF.-15 pts. per game

PNG- OFF.-26 ppg.              DEF.-28 pts. per game

Crosby- OFF.- 38 ppg.         DEF.-31 pts. per game

B.H.- OFF.- 37 ppg.              DEF.-41 pts. per game

K.W.P.-OFF.- 21 ppg.            DEF.-39 pts. per game

Dayton-OFF.-38 ppg.           DEF.-41 pts. per game

Santa Fe-OFF.-4 ppg.          DEF.-40 pts. per game

I know each teams strength of schedule varies in these numbers, but as a whole the district has good scoring teams but is weak on the defensive side of the ball IMO.

Not an excuse, but will sound like one. BH has a new OC, DC, and HC that’s only been with the kids since August. That has to account for something.😁

Last year BH won this game 54-28 at BH. We have gone through a complete coaching change around mid summer and I think this team is better. It’s hard to compare our stats compared to PNG because the strength of schedule is much stronger IMO for BH.   I think BH wins by 14 after blowing a 28 point lead in the 4th😩

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Faircloth certainly hasn't been horrible against Crosby or BH either one,