Barbers Hill @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I never thought I say this but here goes:

I-N-D-I-A-N-S, Scalp’em Indians, Scalp’em !

And even if you are losing by 15 with less than 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter, don’t give up !

Sorry bud we are going to have to ask for your season tickets back. You broke the cardinal rule. 

you should know since that last playoff game with PNG we do mot allow mention of Cherokee in the stadium.

43 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

PNG is notoriously bad on defense. However if they can make some plays on D they could keep it close enough and steal the game when BH inevitably crashes in the 4th. PNG make sure your kids watch for dirty hits. I doubt BH will have cleaned up their act by game day

Just watched Texan Live… having a hard time seeing the dirty hits.   On the 2nd Crosby TD I did see the block By #2.  Borderline block in the back but a 50/50 call none the less.  #2 does get his clock cleaned, but he looked to be standing over the player he blocked , which by the rule is taunting .  So he could have been flagged for that

50 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

PNG is notoriously bad on defense. However if they can make some plays on D they could keep it close enough and steal the game when BH inevitably crashes in the 4th. PNG make sure your kids watch for dirty hits. I doubt BH will have cleaned up their act by game day

Go cry on the other thread we’re busy😎

PNG has one game plan that can result in a victory. And it’s man up on defense, and pound the rock 40 times. We cannot play from behind, because offensively we are not real good. Poor decisions are made with the football each game. Our strength this year, is our bands halftime performance. I take BH by no less than 21… I hate to keep saying I told you so but I have been pretty spot on since day 1. This will leave us having to beat TC. But it will be the only legitimate shot we have IMO. 

18 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I don’t know if the Baytown area economy can handle another BH loss.  All the BH employees at my facility called in sick today. 

I can verify that two BH fans in my department did not show up for work today. They may or may not have been scheduled off days but I’m rolling with the optics on this one.

First person in the office this morning was a Baytown Sterling fan explaining to me why we should’ve lost. Instead of engaging I took the low road and said, “Man, it must suck to have to watch us while your team plays.” I left it at that though, vender had dropped off ALL the breakfast tacos in his office. 

20 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

PNG has one game plan that can result in a victory. And it’s man up on defense, and pound the rock 40 times. We cannot play from behind, because offensively we are not real good. Poor decisions are made with the football each game. Our strength this year, is our bands halftime performance. I take BH by no less than 21… I hate to keep saying I told you so but I have been pretty spot on since day 1. This will leave us having to beat TC. But it will be the only legitimate shot we have IMO. 

I watched TC. No way we beat them. 

53 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Well I guess their not going to leave PNG fans. We may be able to talk football around Wednesday. I think Crosby just won their super bowl and feel like somebody again. 

Nah, we’ll leave y’all alone. Y’all went borderline Vidor on us though. We’ve lost plenty heartbreakers so I know it sucks. One thing I would point out to the BH faithful that some of us other fan bases have figured out though; if y’all think you’re good then act like you’re good. Meaning when you lose games it’s because YOU lost, not I because the other teams should have. When Crosby started to get good again I had about a 4/5 year struggle with this until I saw us lose to Manor in 2012 with the Twins. Then I had an epiphany and the collapse the next year against Elgin was easier to understand.

I’m hoping we get that regional final matchup at Stallworth we never got with Dayton. All y’all have to do is play like y’all did Friday night for the rest of the season. 

9 hours ago, oldman said:

Just watched Texan Live… having a hard time seeing the dirty hits.   

You are right, there were none, outside of the typical "borderline" stuff that happens to every team in every game. What you are reading here is nothing but Crosby telling lies trying to smear the school that's in their heads 24/7/365. Some of their posters cannot even sleep at night. Really sad for them. It has intensified since BH won 2 State Championships in the last 6 months, something that Crosby cannot do even once. They also can not admit the sad reality about their coach. This week, and this thread is about BH-PNG, not Crosby's lies. I hope it can stay on track.     

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

At least Mont Belvieu HAS an economy, and lots of great jobs really nice homes! We don't live in trailer parks and subsidized housing like our Hwy 90 neighbors. 😀  

You got that right, we are simple folk that enjoy breathing fresh air, stomping on ant mounds, and beating the hill at home in front of the whole yuppy community. Wipe your tears with your land deeds and gtfoi

On 10/2/2021 at 4:09 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

If BH plays the way they did against Crosby they should win by 20+. If they play the way they did the first four games of the year it might be a lot closer. Does the close loss give The Hill confidence they can play at that level or does it create a hangover situation where they sleepwalk into The Reservation and get beat? 

I said before the BH vs Crosby game that I though that contest would determine how those teams played the last half of the season. This is game 1 of 5 to see if that was the true BH Friday night? 

BH will blow this one out the water. The Crosby game is not a measuring stick good grief!!! BH is the perfect example of a program that improved and fixed things from the first game I’d the year till now. Come playoffs, I don’t see why they shouldnt be a 3-4th rd team. Quarterback and rb looks for contact and will run u over!

55 minutes ago, pakronos said:

BH will blow this one out the water. The Crosby game is not a measuring stick good grief!!! BH is the perfect example of a program that improved and fixed things from the first game I’d the year till now. Come playoffs, I don’t see why they shouldnt be a 3-4th rd team. Quarterback and rb looks for contact and will run u over!

They can be that if they take care of the ball, against everyone but Crosby they had a tendency to throw bad balls that got picked. 

I haven’t seen PNG much this year except for the Ned game, but you can really use that game for intell. However I didn’t think they looked bad at all especially against that big O line Ned has. BH will have a similar O-line to deal and D-line , both get better each week. We opened some new wrinkles this week with a super sophomore. BH still has things to work out particularly on the mental side of the game to keep composure! If we can keep improving at the rate we are BH will be a tough out for most. Still we will not overlook the Indians at home.