Barbers Hill @ Port Neches-Groves

prepballfan

After last night I have to go with BH. The Eagles’ o-line is too good, and the BH qb is elusive and fast with a good, deep arm. PNG doesn’t have the weapons on offense, and continues to make stupid mental mistakes. Defense will keep it close for a little bit, but this will get ugly. 

If BH plays the way they did against Crosby they should win by 20+. If they play the way they did the first four games of the year it might be a lot closer. Does the close loss give The Hill confidence they can play at that level or does it create a hangover situation where they sleepwalk into The Reservation and get beat? 

I said before the BH vs Crosby game that I though that contest would determine how those teams played the last half of the season. This is game 1 of 5 to see if that was the true BH Friday night? 

51 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Yep, without a doubt. It will be Crosby, Nederland, Texas City, and the winner of Barbers Hill v.s. PNG game for the 4th spot. In no particular order ofcourse 

That’s what I’m thinking, Atleast on paper. Of course HS football, you play the games and who knows what happens.

One way or another, this is the inflection point for Barbers Hill. So far, at the seasons midpoint, BH has not been able to finish against a good opponent. As I said earlier in the year BH is killing itself with TO's, because TO's let a beaten opponent back in the game. The schedule does not bode well for BH either. PNG, Ned, and TC are all on the road. It is a very difficult, but not impossible road ahead for the Eagles. It will be interesting to see how they respond. All BH can do is take one game at a time. I support the Eagles 100% but I am a realist. Until BH can finish, and finish on the road, I can't easily pick them to win against a good opponent. Could it happen? Its possible, but until it does I guess 35-33 PNG, with early conversions missed and late BH turnovers letting a 4th quarter PNG comeback materialize. Go Eagles, I hope you prove me wrong.       

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

BH will win this game although I will be rotting for us to pull off the win. QB run and having to play single coverage in the secondary kill this team and BH will exploit that. 

We don’t play man coverage. It’s zone coverage, and that hasn’t worked out to well. We don’t get hardly any pressure on the qb with 5 in the box. It’s my opinion that had we played some man the last two games that we beat Nederland and that Dayton isn’t as close as it was. Neither qbs we’re world beaters. But with zero pressure and holes in the zone even average can get the job done. Now we 1-1 and probably gonna need a miracle to make the playoffs. I hope I’m wrong. If something isn’t working may need to try something else. I say man up and get after the qb. It doesn’t have to be the whole game. At least bring some pressure in certain situations. 

On 10/2/2021 at 11:08 PM, #COUGAR08 said:

Yep, without a doubt. It will be Crosby, Nederland, Texas City, and the winner of Barbers Hill v.s. PNG game for the 4th spot. In no particular order ofcourse 

I'm not sure the loser of the TC vs Nederland game gets in? I can see a scenario this year where we have three two loss teams or maybe even two three loss teams. 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

One great thing about playing at PNG is the class of the program and class of the Indian fan base. PNG has had a great reputation for decades. It will be a refreshing change after dealing with trash last week. 

Pfft….if PNG beats y’all, you guys will be crying about that too.