LCM at Huffman Hargrave

BattlinBear02

Who wins?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• LCM
    • HH

59 minutes ago, FALCONS2026 said:

I'm definitely not about to drop names and positions so that it can make its way back to LCM but I promise you it is WAY more than 2-3 kids.

Well, @Falcons2026 made me rethink this a little.

I wasn't considering some injuries that occurred very early in the season.

Counting some kids that haven't played yet due to injuries before the season and some that happened early in the year and may not be returning this season, its more than 2-3.

Nobody wants to post kids names or specifics when there is an injury because its a kid, we don't know all the details...just feels crass.

I don't think it is 11 starters that are injured and will not play...but as you see, sometimes my keyboard moves faster than the speed of thought.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Thanks for the clarity.  Us fans sometimes get carried away.  

As do I.  For sure. 

You can see my post above.  The team has had some injury issues this year.  The fact they have been able to be as productive is pretty impressive.  LCM is a good test.  

The last couple games against LCM, it always seemed they had the talent to win.  Just couldn't get over the hump.  I don't know who the past coach was but the new coach must be doing a great job.  Most teams with a new coach (even an experienced one) take a step back in year 1.  

16 minutes ago, texbuzz said:

As do I.  For sure. 

You can see my post above.  The team has had some injury issues this year.  The fact they have been able to be as productive is pretty impressive.  LCM is a good test.  

The last couple games against LCM, it always seemed they had the talent to win.  Just couldn't get over the hump.  I don't know who the past coach was but the new coach must be doing a great job.  Most teams with a new coach (even an experienced one) take a step back in year 1.  

Don’t know Peevey personally, but imo, he’s not only a good Coach but probably charismatic.  That would explain the kids buying in so quick.  That or he’s just in the right place at the right time, lol.  

12 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Injuries or not Huffman will compete.

I don't think anyone doubt's that.  they are for sure a team to be reckoned with.  That system works so well that even the back up athletes run it really good, so a few injuries can be over come without losing a great deal.  But replacing starters loses depth, that is a fact.  And it may contribute in the long run.  Good luck to both teams, I think this will be a good game.

On 10/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, Hagar said:

Pickums, 13, now at:

HH - 8

LCM - 5

Still early.  Last week in the Jasper vs LCM game, Jasper had the lead in Pickums until last day when LCM surged late (correctly I might add).  Will update thru the week because District wise, this is “The Game”.

24 picks in Pickums.

16 - HH

8 - LCM

3 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

I’m gonna say LCM… Huffman only beating La Marque by 3 scores is leaving a bad taste in my mouth about the Falcons. La Marque is pretty bad .

I hope your right. LCM defense has looked the best I’ve seen it since the 90’s. It’s not LCM best defense of all time by any means but it’s got a lot better. Offensive play calling has improved also. 

14 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I Listened to sideline to sideline. Both guys picked this game to be close by a few points. They both split on the winner. I hope it’s a great game. Also #90 Washington got his first offer to Baylor congratulations 

And Washington is a junior. I see more offers coming his way

14 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Yes I do too. I think Morris will get some offers his way. 

After watching a few videos, very impressed with y’all’s QB.  Has a good arm and is quick as a cat.  Between him and your RB, it gives the opposing DC headaches.  Really happy to see the turnaround in Bear country.  Good luck Friday.