CE King vs Summer Creek

coach bear

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Probably so.  New school, new stadium, higher expectations.....

One thing you left out was new houses. CE King High has been for about the last 10 years and will continue to be a huge beneficiary of all the home building going on in their attendance zone.

Sheldon ISD’s tax base is growing pretty quickly and it’s more well off than it was in the past. CE King High is probably going to have and enrollment over 3k in a couple of re-alignments, that’s crazy considering the fact they were just in a district with Crosby, BH, Dayton, etc. in 2015. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

One thing you left out was new houses. CE King High has been for about the last 10 years and will continue to be a huge beneficiary of all the home building going on in their attendance zone.

Sheldon ISD’s tax base is growing pretty quickly and it’s more well off than it was in the past. CE King High is probably going to have and enrollment over 3k in a couple of re-alignments, that’s crazy considering the fact they were just in a district with Crosby, BH, Dayton, etc. in 2015. 

Actually, I forgot.  E. Tidwell has blown up over the years.  My 2nd wife's brother had a house right off the beltway on E. Tidwell so, you're right.  Plus, some kids families maybe opting to live in Sheldon vs Humble or GP.......

4 hours ago, Justafan72 said:

Expected more out of Summer Creek,but my old High School will make some noise in the playoffs ! Go Panthers !

They could make a lot of noise if Katy goes D1. 6A in region three is deep but they’re all D1 teams except Katy. I don’t think any of our D2 region three teams will be able to beat Westlake but I think CE King would have one of the better shots with their defense and run game. 

Definitely Kings best side is their defense. I was surprised how much more physical they were than Summer Creek. Maybe its just that Creek is a little soft, or intimidated due to Kings athleticism and size. Years ago when i started coaching at Clear Lake with Coach Stewart we would play Alief Hastings who looked like collegiate players, King is the same. I haven’t seen North Shore or Atascocita yet this year, but i think both are better offensively than King. Kings quarterback, in my opinion, seems to be a weak link ( not a strong passer). King has other offensive athletes but they’re not getting the most out of them. 

23 hours ago, panamamyers said:

Can Atascocita and North Shore hang in there with CE King might be the better question.

Best King team since 1995 when they won their first 11 games then lost 7-0 to 16-0 La Marque in the playoffs?

I was at that game( Thorne Stadium I think) cause we weren’t in the playoffs that year. Found it humorous that Kings fans were calling out Ernie Starnes for not opening up and passing more. King was a great option team that never passed. LaMarques defense was great at pass defense/ turnovers. The only reason King kept it within range was ball control. Boy Lamarque was something from 85 till 99.

1 hour ago, coach bear said:

I was at that game( Thorne Stadium I think) cause we weren’t in the playoffs that year. Found it humorous that Kings fans were calling out Ernie Starnes for not opening up and passing more. King was a great option team that never passed. LaMarques defense was great at pass defense/ turnovers. The only reason King kept it within range was ball control. Boy Lamarque was something from 85 till 99.

I didn't make it to that one. King had a player named Michael Stewart (I believe was his name) who went to Lee as a freshman and certainly could have helped Lee that year perhaps get past Humble.  He was a linebacker for Lee but ended up as a fullback I believe for King. Very talented player.

I remember that name, there we’re several playing for King from out of the area living in some apartments there. Nothing that hadn’t happened multiple times in Texas. My senior year at Marlin, 1978, Brownwood barely beat us in the first round before winning state lef by quarterback Scott Lancaster. I played in the THSCA all star game with Scott who told me he lived in Early and Gordon Wood gave him a ride to school every day😁.