Crosby 53 Barbers Hill 46/FINAL OT

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Knee and entire leg was down before he got close to the pylon. Picture doesn’t lie. No use though game over. 

If BH really wants to prove a point then go play the rest of the games on your schedule at the same level you played Crosby, because y’all dang sure didn’t play any of the previous four like that. Show it’s just not one fluke game against a rival. 

In 2016 Dayton took Crosby to overtime but finished the season 4-6. They played at s district championship level, but only for that night. BH should obviously finish better than that but we’ll see what the effort looks like the rest of the year. 

Watching the Dayton game on TX live checking the message board for updates  sounded like BH had things well in hand. Dayton/PNG game over so tuned into last couple of minutes of Crosby/BH . The Crosby QB TD in real time looked good from a spectators angle. Good call or Bad call give Crosby credit for a last minute gut check OT come back !      #32(Gigout) db for BH was balling on defense !

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Looks good to me, no matter how you feel. How do you feel about the other 51 points BH gave up though? What about Hagler fumbling with 4 mins to go up 15 with the ball in our half of the field. Y’all played absolutely perfect until Hagler put it on the ground and that was just enough for Crosby. Crosby got screwed by the refs all night, that was some Turner Stadium stuff going on in there. Just face it, y’all got in a big spot and collapsed. 

Don’t get me wrong. The Hagler fumble ended up being a killer. We may could have scored that drive potentially putting the game out of reach. The ensuing drive after was the real killer for BH. That whole drive by Crosby was assisted by at least 40 yards in BH penalties! Crosby came back and wasn’t going to be denied. Best game I’ve witnessed in a long time though. It should have never come down to that call, but it did and hate for any team to lose on a call. Congrats to Crosby on the win👍

1 minute ago, BHFAN said:

Don’t get me wrong. The Hagler fumble ended up being a killer. We may could have scored that drive potentially putting the game out of reach. The ensuing drive after was the real killer for BH. That whole drive by Crosby was assisted by at least 40 yards in BH penalties! Crosby came back and wasn’t going to be denied. Best game I’ve witnessed in a long time though. It should have never come down to that call, but it did and hate for any team to lose on a call. Congrats to Crosby on the win👍

I agree on the penalties BH had. I think they ended up with 6 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.  This is why the Crosby coaching staff was so emotional during the early part of the 2nd half. Especially after the late hit that injured a Crosby player after a blocked BH PAT. Coach Prieto actually walked out to the center of the field during the injury timeout and was yelling at the BH sideline. 

2 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

image.jpeg.c8f184f309582d8c7a31c5a33392b228.jpeg

wait! Is the Ref 14.2? 

The Crosby High School Facebook page has a video from that corner of the endzone. Their was actually another ref just to the right of the pylon that looked at this ref and they both agreed he made it in. If I knew how to post the video, I would. 

But to answer your question, no that is not 14.2. He is atleast a foot shorter and 50 lbs heavier than that ref. 

31 minutes ago, CCRed said:

The Crosby High School Facebook page has a video from that corner of the endzone. Their was actually another ref just to the right of the pylon that looked at this ref and they both agreed he made it in. If I knew how to post the video, I would. 

But to answer your question, no that is not 14.2. He is atleast a foot shorter and 50 lbs heavier than that ref. 

Lol I'd say about 60lbs heavier😂

3 hours ago, CCRed said:

I agree on the penalties BH had. I think they ended up with 6 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties.  This is why the Crosby coaching staff was so emotional during the early part of the 2nd half. Especially after the late hit that injured a Crosby player after a blocked BH PAT. Coach Prieto actually walked out to the center of the field during the injury timeout and was yelling at the BH sideline. 

#24 was throat jabbing and trying to pull helmets off all game and of course the ref on the crosby side only saw the WR finally react to his dirty play all night. 

7 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

If BH really wants to prove a point then go play the rest of the games on your schedule at the same level you played Crosby, because y’all dang sure didn’t play any of the previous four like that. Show it’s just not one fluke game against a rival. 

In 2016 Dayton took Crosby to overtime but finished the season 4-6. They played at s district championship level, but only for that night. BH should obviously finish better than that but we’ll see what the effort looks like the rest of the year. 

I think they will, they are getting better every week. I am sure they tried to play as vanilla as possible until this point in the season. 

The hail mary before the half was a kick to the nuts. Again there is no way with 8 seconds left you can complete a pass and have the runner round for another 15 yards and there still be one second left. The clock operator should be fired today ,you absolutely can not leave a second on the clock.

On top of that the DBs have to knock the ball down, not go for the TD or try to tip it up. Terrible.

#2 played a great game until the fumble with 4:30 to go in the game and that was the opening Crosby needed. He got hit from behind by a DB if I am not mistaken which was a great play.

BH's D needed to step up instead they let Crosby got score a TD in less than a minute.

The offensive series after the recovered onside kid was bad. #2 came off with the game on the line needing a first down during gut check time that would have sealed the game.

I'm not sure why BH was shocked the ball was either going to 14 or #10 was going to keep in there on the last few plays.  I would have sold out to stop both of them and if someone else beat me then so be it.