Buna @ Tarkington

RetiredCoach14

2 hours ago, DP#1FAN said:

I thought Buna would be much improved with a more open offense. If they don't win this one just call it a rebuilding year.

Could be tough for a program to change its ways after years of a certain system. Especially if it was the slot t or wing t going to the spread or multiple sets.

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Lost a good head coach

A guy that m-f's his kids for motivation at half time?

It's more than just a head coach; Nick Saban would get his brains bashed in there.  The community wants someone to fix the athletics problem there with certain kids getting the accolades and other kids put on the back burner; and the kids they want with the accolades are babied and coddled at home and told they're the best out there cause cousin, or brother, or uncle was an exceptional athlete there (even though he wasn't mediocre anywhere else).

I'm pretty sure Tarkington started to create a "utopian" society and has ended up the way it is.  I distinctly remember walking out of their gym in 7th grade after a basketball game and hearing one of the elder people say "they just won cause of dem black kids"...so if that's what's being up out there they're getting built in excuses

1 hour ago, scat_trap said:

It's more than just a head coach; Nick Saban would get his brains bashed in there.  The community wants someone to fix the athletics problem there with certain kids getting the accolades and other kids put on the back burner; and the kids they want with the accolades are babied and coddled at home and told they're the best out there cause cousin, or brother, or uncle was an exceptional athlete there (even though he wasn't mediocre anywhere else).

I'm pretty sure Tarkington started to create a "utopian" society and has ended up the way it is.  I distinctly remember walking out of their gym in 7th grade after a basketball game and hearing one of the elder people say "they just won cause of dem black kids"...so if that's what's being up out there they're getting built in excuses

Wow 

Guest mrtomcat

Tarkington Kountze, Hardin and yes my Warren Warriors...........

All the same.  Culture wont permit success.  Leaders of the community dont know how to win, because they've never won.

Mediocrity is accepted, breeded, inherited and ultimately anything outside that is rebuked.

Failure repeats itself, because "thats the way things have been done 'round here since great grandpa came back from the war in 1917"

Also, demographics in these communities do contribute, in the way the geography/industry/economics come together collectively in comparison to other "like sized" communities.   These four have been at the bottom of the barrel for many years and who can keep up with the amount of coaching changes? Good grief

However, the tide is turning in Warren America folks.  I do believe we are headed in the right DiRection.   Just going to take some time

3 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Yikes 

20 hours ago, scat_trap said:

Surely youre not talking about Bass. 

On 9/28/2021 at 1:52 PM, scat_trap said:

You're a clown bro. Bass actually left Tarkington in a better place than it was before he got there.