Port Neches-Groves at Dayton

prepballfan

3 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I think whoever loses this one is going to have an awful tough time getting into the playoffs. I’m lookin for Dayton to give PNG a very tough game, wouldn’t be surprised to see it turn into a shootout. Dayton’s qb already has over 1,000 passing yards and some decent personnel to work with. 

Guess we will see...

14 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Guess we will see...

Through 4 contests PNG is only averaging 22ppg. PNG has also given up 40ppg the last couple of weeks. I’m not saying they will but Dayton is more than capable of getting 30+ points on the Indian defense. Dayton also did a good job against the run when they played Crosby, if they carry that same energy into this week’s contest it’s going to be a ball game. If you were to watch the film you would see that Dayton and BH have extremely similar personnel.

2 hours ago, john hancock said:

Offensively QB Shea Adams has a strong arm but doesn’t read the defense quick enough. WR and RB’s really care the offense behind that big O-Line. I think PNG will pull it out but after a hard and rough game with Dayton. I got the Indians 41-6

Dayton will score more than 6. If you were at the Crosby game then you would know why I say this.  

If Dayton had our coaching staff they would be a top 4 seed in the district in my honest opinion.  They look like trash on paper but the proof is in the pudding.  They have the size,  speed,  skill level to compete but where they lack is in the coaching staffs ability to put together the rest of the pie.. 

I agree that PNG can and probably will beat Dayton, but nowhere near the drumming that Crosby handed them in the first half.  I'd expect a 14-21 point difference,  no more.  

24 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Dayton will score more than 6. If you were at the Crosby game then you would know why I say this.  

If Dayton had our coaching staff they would be a top 4 seed in the district in my honest opinion.  They look like trash on paper but the proof is in the pudding.  They have the size,  speed,  skill level to compete but where they lack is in the coaching staffs ability to put together the rest of the pie.. 

I agree that PNG can and probably will beat Dayton, but nowhere near the drumming that Crosby handed them in the first half.  I'd expect a 14-21 point difference,  no more.  

You are right: coaching does matter!!

PN-G is a young team who has shown growth every week. The Indians have some good talent on the team and by the latter part of the season will be a very solid football team. I can see why some would doubt this team. I look at our record, our pf, and pa and see why you would doubt. I have watched this team play every game and most 2 a days as well. The one thing I have seen is large steps towards growth. The Indians should win this week and I believe it will be a good game for them. Trahan is a beast of a RB and I think the team will fair well this week. PNGs schedule has been brutal. WOS, WB, Jasper, Tomball, BUT. These kids then played Nederland who found a way to win. They are ready and only 7 seniors starting on the team. 

Well, if you folks read back. I have been spot on since the preseason. Here’s what I have for this week. This is a winnable game for PNG. That being said, it doesn’t mean PNG will win. If you watch film, Dayton will put up points. Some good news, we should be getting back what would be our best RB next week. With the current RB doing well, possibly we add one of our best athletes on the defense. Or flip those 2 around. We need help on both sides of the ball, so this should help. If we can beat Dayton, we will still be in the mix, but will need to beat BH down the road. All these are opinions based on my Tecmo Bowl experience. A loss to Dayton, we will be out of the playoff mix IMO.. The offense needs a leader IMO as well.

5 minutes ago, Stattrax said:

Well, if you folks read back. I have been spot on since the preseason. Here’s what I have for this week. This is a winnable game for PNG. That being said, it doesn’t mean PNG will win. If you watch film, Dayton will put up points. Some good news, we should be getting back what would be our best RB next week. With the current RB doing well, possibly we add one of our best athletes on the defense. Or flip those 2 around. We need help on both sides of the ball, so this should help. If we can beat Dayton, we will still be in the mix, but will need to beat BH down the road. All these are opinions based on my Tecmo Bowl experience. A loss to Dayton, we will be out of the playoff mix IMO.. The offense needs a leader IMO as well.

🤣