Crosby vs Barbers Hill

Cougar14.2

28 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

RE the new coach, I said weeks ago there will be a new system and a transition period for BH. I said then I expected BH to be 1-4, but more importantly 1-1 and battle tested at this point. I think they will be 2-3 (instead) and 1-1 and battle tested. I am more concerned how they respond after this game, Crosby should win with ease this week. That's just the reality of it.  

I have a little more confidence in BH that this will not be a lay up for Crosby. You right that Crosby is and should be favored, but hoping for a perfect game this week. I don’t want to see Crosby’s 2 nd team in Eagle Stadium😁

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

I think Crosby needs to play as good as they did against PAM.  I don’t think you can go off the performance against Dayton, just because Dayton played so bad, they made Crosby look good. 

What 14.2 said made a lot of sense. Without a significant run game and no mobile QB this game could turnout to be a lot like the Dayton game.

21 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

What 14.2 said made a lot of sense. Without a significant run game and no mobile QB this game could turnout to be a lot like the Dayton game.

The only problem I see with that is, BH looked to have a very good run game against Kpark.  Did y’all see that kid running the ball ?  I agree he wasn’t the same as Manvel, but he was a boss.  One of you stat guys can post his stats in that game. 

20 minutes ago, CCRed said:

The only problem I see with that is, BH looked to have a very good run game against Kpark.  Did y’all see that kid running the ball ?  I agree he wasn’t the same as Manvel, but he was a boss.  One of you stat guys can post his stats in that game. 

Garrett Hagler had 20 carries for 231 yards against KP. BH had over 400 rushing as a team. I think a lot of teams are going to do that to KP if they choose though. TC will probably run for over 400 on them too. 

27 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Garrett Hagler had 20 carries for 231 yards against KP. BH had over 400 rushing as a team. I think a lot of teams are going to do that to KP if they choose though. TC will probably run for over 400 on them too. 

1 hour ago, MrFleet23 said:

I’d say over 400 rushing yards with a back that averaged over 11 yards per carry, it’s possible BH could have a significant run game. 

12 hours ago, MrFleet23 said:

Y’all keep thinking that Holdren isn’t mobile😀. It may be a matter of what you think mobile is. Will he scorch the Crosby defense for a 90 yard TD, probably not. However he will pick up 1st down avoiding the blitz. 

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Y’all keep thinking that Holdren isn’t mobile😀. It may be a matter of what you think mobile is. Will he scorch the Crosby defense for a 90 yard TD, probably not. However he will pick up 1st down avoiding the blitz. 

That's what I meant.(The 90yds part ) Sanders was a bit of problem because of his speed. I doubt  Holdren is that fast. 

32 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

That's what I meant.(The 90yds part ) Sanders was a bit of problem because of his speed. I doubt  Holdren is that fast. 

No we don’t have much break away speed, that is something we are sorely missing😩 which is why if we don’t stay with Crosby and y’all get up 14 in the second half its over.

3 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Just talked to the Indian at PNG he said for 5 wampum he would come rain dance a Eagle Stadium👍

That would be discrimination. We tried to pay one to come rain dance at Bulldog Stadium for MCM but none would. We had to resort to watering the field again….

4 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Just talked to the Indian at PNG he said for 5 wampum he would come rain dance a Eagle Stadium👍

Can we go on and play tomorrow and get it over with? Oh, and leave the injuns out of it, they will likely have to trade 51% of all wampum in possession just to sit at the #5 spot in district come the end of season. 

On 9/28/2021 at 7:42 AM, BHFAN said:

The question is going to be how many times he can do that though? Sanders avoided the rush at times and picked up some first downs on Crosby after having a huge game the week before against BH. He ended up rushing for -14 yards against Crosby. I would say the 9/6 td to pick ratio is concerning too.

Over the last two day I've watched and re-watched all 167 plays from the KP game minus the kicks. If BH defends the zone-read and pass plays against Crosby the way thy did against KP and weather isn't a factor we might score 60. KP would've scored over 40 if they had receivers that could actually catch and a QB that could hit them, they were behind BH's dbs all night long.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder about that BH front 7 holding up going through district play? KP probably ran for close to 200 yards in the second half alone when the backup QB came in and could actually run the zone-read correctly. I think y'all are going to have your hands full with Myles and Jones running it. 

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The question is going to be how many times he can do that though? Sanders avoided the rush at times and picked up some first downs on Crosby after having a huge game the week before against BH. He ended up rushing for -14 yards against Crosby. I would say the 9/6 td to pick ratio is concerning too.

Over the last two day I've watched and re-watched all 167 plays from the KP game minus the kicks. If BH defends the zone-read and pass plays against Crosby the way thy did against KP and weather isn't a factor we might score 60. KP would've scored over 40 if they had receivers that could actually catch and a QB that could hit them, they were behind BH's dbs all night long.

Also, I'm beginning to wonder about that BH front 7 holding up going through district play? KP probably ran for close to 200 yards in the second half alone when the backup QB came in and could actually run the zone-read correctly. I think y'all are going to have your hands full with Myles and Jones running it. 

As I usual you always have a ton of ifs and buts in your analysis. Ya know like if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. There are  a lot of variables you left out. 1 a lot of the plays in the 2 nd half we’re against BH when they had a comfortable lead and after KWP put their  real starting QB in that the started the season with. That kid was by far the best Athlete KWP had and I’ll admit did surprise BH. No doubt BH has lots of challenges to overcome , but don’t get carried away because y’all destroyed a team that has won 1 game out of the last 22. Don’t get me wrong this is Crosby’s game to lose, they have the defense, Athletes and Coaching. However I think Abseck has been here before and will play Crosby differently than KWP and you can bet the players will. Will it be enough well find out Friday👍