Crosby vs Barbers Hill

Cougar14.2

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Crosby is winning the pickems 28-2!  I hope that’s not the final score😩

You have to remember, MOST of the posters have not seen either team play.  It’s kind of like the past SETX ranking poll.  I don’t think Crosby even cracked the top 10 in the rankings last year.  In other words, don’t put too much stock in what you see in that thread.

1 hour ago, CCRed said:

You have to remember, MOST of the posters have not seen either team play.  It’s kind of like the past SETX ranking poll.  I don’t think Crosby even cracked the top 10 in the rankings last year.  In other words, don’t put too much stock in what you see in that thread.

Oh I don’t blame them if I was a betting man Crosby is the bet. Still to much unknowns for BH at this point which may be the X factor to this game. Prieto came in last year with a great game plan and Westerberg just couldn’t adjust. These two coaches have never faced, so he doesn’t know what Abseck might pull👍  Trying to be positive here it may just end up going down in flames😩

6 hours ago, BHFAN said:

As I usual you always have a ton of ifs and buts in your analysis. Ya know like if my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle. There are  a lot of variables you left out. 1 a lot of the plays in the 2 nd half we’re against BH when they had a comfortable lead and after KWP put their  real starting QB in that the started the season with. That kid was by far the best Athlete KWP had and I’ll admit did surprise BH. No doubt BH has lots of challenges to overcome , but don’t get carried away because y’all destroyed a team that has won 1 game out of the last 22. Don’t get me wrong this is Crosby’s game to lose, they have the defense, Athletes and Coaching. However I think Abseck has been here before and will play Crosby differently than KWP and you can bet the players will. Will it be enough well find out Friday👍

I had a ton of ifs and buts as to why I thought Crosby would beat PAM too after watching y’alls game with them. I totally agree with you there though. One of my BH buddies came to my office today and wanted to bet me on the game but he wanted me to give him 21 points. He by far is the BH sports guy to go to at the job. I said “Heck no, the kids are going to play too hard.” 

BH’s defense had started to be an issue for Crosby. I know it’s early but BH doesn’t look as good on the defensive side of the ball as they did under TW. I  believe BH’s previous DC got demoted to a position coach when Abseck brought his guys in. Not saying that’s the reason but it probably needs to be noted. BH hardly got pressure on KP’s qb without blitzing, KP’s receivers had the BH dbs stacked or flat out beat on probably 65% of their deep routes and several times KP had receivers running wide open through the BH defense and just weren’t see/hit which is why I think they’ll have trouble covering Crosby’s receivers.

I think this game is a gauge for both teams to determine how they’ll play their last five games. 

On 9/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, Cougtalk said:

Nah, Fam we keep hearing this those D-lineman from the Cougars are fast and will get to the QB over and over and over. Go check that PAM tape and see what escapable Quarterbacks look like,.

I think BH line is better than PAM’s and Carthage. They wont be swiss cheese but we will get home. 

4 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

I’m looking forward to the TC/KWP game tomorrow night on Texan Live. Might give a little insight while we wait for Friday.

I was debating between that game and the Bridgeland game. I need to see TC though, I've seen Bridgeland 3 times already. 

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

BH’s defense had started to be an issue for Crosby. I know it’s early but BH doesn’t look as good on the defensive side of the ball as they did under TW. I  believe BH’s previous DC got demoted to a position coach when Abseck brought his guys in. Not saying that’s the reason but it probably needs to be noted.

TW had 5 years, Carl Absek has not even had five games yet.

You are comparing apples to oranges. You seem to have some kind of issue with Absek ever since BH hired him.

"Demoted"? Trying to stir up some kind of resentment within the BH staff this week? Sure looks like it. Interesting. 

6 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

TW had 5 years, Carl Absek has not even had five games yet.

You are comparing apples to oranges. You seem to have some kind of issue with Absek ever since BH hired him.

"Demoted"? Trying to stir up some kind of resentment within the BH staff this week? Sure looks like it. Interesting. 

I really don’t have much interest in this game other than it is certainly the game of the week in this district.   But, 14.2’s comment makes perfect sense and it’s not apples to oranges. “Look as good” means today.  Yes the new coach only has five games. That is all 14.2, can compare it to… not five years from now.

The way I read it, as of today they don’t look as good as they did previously. In the future? Who knows? They might have the best defense in the state. This week game isn’t played sometime in the future but in about 40 hours. 

9 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I really don’t have much interest in this game other than it is certainly the game of the week in this district.   But, 14.2’s comment makes perfect sense and it’s not apples to oranges. “Look as good” means today.  Yes the new coach only has five games. That is all 14.2, can compare it to… not five years from now.

The way I read it, as of today they don’t look as good as they did previously. In the future? Who knows? They might have the best defense in the state. This week game isn’t played sometime in the future but in about 40 hours. 

You and 14.2 are right. BH has a trash Defense coached by a trash coaching staff and a trash HC. Four games are PLENTY to have a well oiled machine humming along in perfection. BH goes O-fer the rest of the way. In fact, BH ought to just go ahead and cancel its pathetic program. Its utterly hopeless. Thank you all for your infinite wisdom. GO Baytown Coogs! GO BIG NED!   

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

You and 14.2 are right. BH has a trash Defense coached by a trash coaching staff and a trash HC. Four games are PLENTY to have a well oiled machine humming along in perfection. BH goes O-fer the rest of the way. In fact, BH ought to just go ahead and cancel its pathetic program. Its utterly hopeless. Thank you all for your infinite wisdom. GO Baytown Coogs! GO BIG NED!   

Atta boy girl, Now your getting it! 

Crosby rolls, go coogs!

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don’t think either of them said as much. That defense under TW was pretty stout in 2019. DL and LB were fast Reggie and Dunn could not beat them to the outside. Not seeing that this year. But it is early. Just hope the weather holds up. 

8 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Oh the drama!!

Actually I said nothing about the defense or either team at all. It would take reading comprehension skills to understand that however. 

Just now, MrFleet23 said:

I don’t think either of them said as much. That defense under TW was pretty stout in 2019. DL and LB were fast Reggie and Dunn could not beat them to the outside. Not seeing that this year. But it is early. Just hope the weather holds up. 

TW defense kept us bottled up last season for the most part, it was a little different in this year's game. 

Cowgill,who is on the D staff still was the DC last year. I believe he is LB coach this year. The new DC came in and switched from the 4-3 to a 3-4 because that is what he runs without looking at tape or personnel. If I had one fault so far of the new coach it is that, they already had a great DC and had a good defense, there was no need to reinvent the wheel here. Now you do have the old DC on staff who is probably going crazy watching what is happening on that side of the ball with no control to fix it. That is an issue if I had to guess. 

Back to last years game, what was the score at half? Wasn't it a close game until the turnovers started happening and a ill-timed fake punt? 

Max preps doesn’t have the box score anymore but I believe Crosby was up 20-7 at halftime. So…

50 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Cowgill,who is on the D staff still was the DC last year. I believe he is LB coach this year. The new DC came in and switched from the 4-3 to a 3-4 because that is what he runs without looking at tape or personnel. If I had one fault so far of the new coach it is that, they already had a great DC and had a good defense, there was no need to reinvent the wheel here. Now you do have the old DC on staff who is probably going crazy watching what is happening on that side of the ball with no control to fix it. That is an issue if I had to guess. 

Back to last years game, what was the score at half? Wasn't it a close game until the turnovers started happening and a ill-timed fake punt? 

1 hour ago, Steven Avery said:

Thanks for the insight. I Agree the defense is lacking from last year, but we lost some studs last year to graduation. It’s a work in progress and whats important to me at this point is that the D can adjust quickly when the Opposing offense finds a wrinkle. At this point I believe that is happening. 

1 minute ago, BHFAN said:

Thanks for the insight. I Agree the defense is lacking from last year, but we lost some studs last year to graduation. It’s a work in progress and whats important to me at this point is that the D can adjust quickly when the Opposing offense finds a wrinkle. At this point I believe that is happening. 

Yup. Some if not all that DL, cause we sure wasn't getting to the edges consistently last year and one of em seemed to be in our backfield more than I would like, matter of fact im not sure we had 1 run for over 20-30yds in that one. 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, Steven Avery said:

Better watch out dude, you can’t make logical posts like that. That SS person will accuse you of stirring up resentment on the BH staff. She may even accuse you of being a racist? 

Abseck didn’t bring either state title/finals coordinator with him. DC for their two state titles stayed at CP to work for the new coach they hired from Red Oak who’s also a former CP assistant. The OC from last year got the head coaching job at San Antonio Peiper and took half of CP’s staff with him. BH’s current coordinators were o-line and d-line coaches at CP last year, not sure either guy has even called plays on varsity before this year?  

15 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I was debating between that game and the Bridgeland game. I need to see TC though, I've seen Bridgeland 3 times already. 

Plus you have to keep the over and under on the Ref meetings😂. I never really noticed that until you brought it up with our game and KWP. Those guys meet for everything thing!

50 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Plus you have to keep the over and under on the Ref meetings😂. I never really noticed that until you brought it up with our game and KWP. Those guys meet for everything thing!

Told ya. And it's always the KWP games for some reason. 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

If we want to be honest it's just Turner stadium in general.  Worse place to play at IMO

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yep, Summer Creek, Kingwood Park or Humble, it doesn't matter. The officiating in Turner Stadium will have the opponent at a disadvantage. 

Very true.