Jasper at LCM

BattlinBear02

This’ll be my “game of the week” since the Pirates have a bye.  Also suspect it’ll be one of the better games in the area.  LCM is kicking into high gear and Jasper’s season, expected to be stellar, has been frustrating due to Covid and two close losses to PNG & Vidor.  They’ll want to take it out on da Bears, but this ain’t no gimme.  Good luck to both.

39 minutes ago, DP#1FAN said:

10-7 the BEARS in 1979. Don Richards field goal wins it at Jasper.

Side Note if remembered correctly: It was last game of the regular season LCM went to #1 ranked Jasper & pulled off the upset.

My pastor Cazzy Francis was a soph. WR that year. Don Richards was SR. QB & completed the only pass of the game for LCM to Cazzy that set up the 37 yard field goal to win the game. LCM was 6-4 in 1979. Don Richards went on to start at QB for Mcneese a couple years & Francis went on to QB LCM & at Arkansas State.

26 minutes ago, KF89 said:

Side Note if remembered correctly: It was last game of the regular season LCM went to #1 ranked Jasper & pulled off the upset.

My pastor Cazzy Francis was a soph. WR that year. Don Richards was SR. QB & completed the only pass of the game for LCM to Cazzy that set up the 37 yard field goal to win the game. LCM was 6-4 in 1979. Don Richards went on to start at QB for Mcneese a couple years & Francis went on to QB LCM & at Arkansas State.

CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, KF89 said:

Cazzy actually went on to play in the NFL.