Juvenile Hunter Kills Thief With An Arrow

bullets13

This is the hidden content, please

This is an interesting story, although I have to admit I don't particularly believe all of it.  Read it and let me know what you think.  Also, for whatever reason Microsoft Edge is the web browser at my new work, so when I get on during my lunch break, I'm not cruising MSN news.  They just have a home screen with dozen of news articles, some of which I find interesting.  

8 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

This is the hidden content, please

This is an interesting story, although I have to admit I don't particularly believe all of it.  Read it and let me know what you think.  Also, for whatever reason Microsoft Edge is the web browser at my new work, so when I get on during my lunch break, I'm not cruising MSN news.  They just have a home screen with dozen of news articles, some of which I find interesting.  

Unless the Father was older, bad health, etc....why would he not prevent or at a minimum try and stop the adult from going for his kid?

30 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Unless the Father was older, bad health, etc....why would he not prevent or at a minimum try and stop the adult from going for his kid?

Yeah, the story makes no sense.  The kid sees a thief, calls his father, his father arrives, the adults have a "confrontation", and THEN the thief runs at the kid while he's holding a bow and the kid shoots him with it? It all just seems pretty unbelievable. If my kid called me in that situation I'm showing up with something much more effective than a bow, and any confrontation I'm having with someone will be an armed one, especially if my kid's safety is on the line.  If I had to guess, the kid saw the thief doing his thing and decided to shoot him, and he and the dad made up the story later to try and justify his actions.  But that's pure conjecture.  

11 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yeah, the story makes no sense.  The kid sees a thief, calls his father, his father arrives, the adults have a "confrontation", and THEN the thief runs at the kid while he's holding a bow and the kid shoots him with it? It all just seems pretty unbelievable. If my kid called me in that situation I'm showing up with something much more effective than a bow, and any confrontation I'm having with someone will be an armed one, especially if my kid's safety is on the line.  If I had to guess, the kid saw the thief doing his thing and decided to shoot him, and he and the dad made up the story later to try and justify his actions.  But that's pure conjecture.  

Agree.  

45 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

The problem with this story as with almost all of them, it came from the news media. It more than likely came from a press release by the police who released practically nothing any more. 

Why was the father not armed? The truth is, he might have been.  Maybe the father showed up with a handgun but the guy turned and charged the juvenile and the father couldn’t shoot the suspect in the back, fearing hitting his son.

That is one of just many “what ifs” but we have no clue what happened. When we say something like, well if I had been there…..

In fact what you thought you would do may have been exactly what the father did. The media does not investigate anything, they don’t ask pertinent questions and even though a story might be several paragraphs long, it’s basically just a synopsis.

When I was on patrol 25 years ago, if I showed up at a major crime scene there might be literally five reporters in my face asking me detailed questions about what happened. Sometimes I would release information and sometimes not  but they were there digging. Now a patrol officer can be on the job for five years and show up at a major crime scene and never see a reporter. In fact most have never even spoken with one or had a question asked, even if the officer was not going to answer. The truth is there is almost no more news reporting. Most new stories are done strictly from police news releases, of which I have written many. I have seen several news stories in print and television media  where the report was just copied and pasted from my news release.

This is kind of an odd story and it would really be interesting to know what really happened, but we will probably never find out.

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, tvc184 said:

The problem with this story as with almost all of them, it came from the news media. It more than likely came from a press release by the police who released practically nothing any more. 

Why was the father not armed? The truth is, he might have been.  Maybe the father showed up with a handgun but the guy turned and charged the juvenile and the father couldn’t shoot the suspect in the back, fearing hitting his son.

That is one of just many “what ifs” but we have no clue what happened. When we say something like, well if I had been there…..

In fact what you thought you would do may have been exactly what the father did. The media does not investigate anything, they don’t ask pertinent questions and even though a story might be several paragraphs long, it’s basically just a synopsis.

When I was on patrol 25 years ago, if I showed up at a major crime scene there might be literally five reporters in my face asking me detailed questions about what happened. Sometimes I would release information and sometimes not  but they were there digging. Now a patrol officer can be on the job for five years and show up at a major crime scene and never see a reporter. In fact most have never even spoken with one or had a question asked, even if the officer was not going to answer. The truth is there is almost no more news reporting. Most new stories are done strictly from police news releases, of which I have written many. I have seen several news stories in print and television media  where the report was just copied and pasted from my news release.

This is kind of an odd story and it would really be interesting to know what really happened, but we will probably never find out.

Interesting about no reporters, but confirms what we see repeatedly on todays news media.  Reporters today set at their computers and write their stories.  The Nick Sandmann fiasco is a prime example.  Just a cursory inquiry would have exposed most of the truth but the truth was not nearly as newsworthy (for their audience) as the fictitious account they reported.  Subsequently several of those news outlets have made Nick a rich young man.  I expect the same for Kyle Rittenhouse.  Even after the trial confirmed he got the gun from his father, who lives there, several news medias still reported he carried the rifle across state lines.  Essentially the “news” is often not news but simply spin a person with a journalist degree puts out to his/her gullible readers.  Like all of you, I’d love to know the real story above.  If the guy was stealing I hope the kid goes free.