Amazon says "time has come" for U.S. to legalize marijuana

InMAGAWeTrust

14 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I’m all for it.  It’s no worse than alcohol if you’re not buying it from a guy who might also convince you to give something like meth or heroin a try.  In fact, most smokers I know/have known tended to get in a lot less trouble and do a lot less stupid crap than the people I know/have known that drink to inebriation.  

"It’s no worse than alcohol"

NO, alcohol is worse than cannabis and the average "dealer" doesn't sell all three or try to convince a user to try another substance.

14 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

It’s a gateway drug, I’ll never be convinced otherwise because I’ve seen it up close and personal.

That being said, let each state decide on whether or not to legalize it.

"It’s a gateway drug"

Where I totally disagree with you my friend, you are not wrong in that comment. 

Those that medicate sometimes find it is a progression from alcohol > cannabis > prescription pills > illicit pills > heroin > fentanyl > meth. What ever it takes to get them to that happy place in their mind. 

Drugs can be looked at the same way we look at guns. Guns and drugs don't kill people, people kill people and sometimes themselves with guns and drugs...

2 hours ago, Derf Nosneb said:

"It’s no worse than alcohol"

NO, alcohol is worse than cannabis and the average "dealer" doesn't sell all three or try to convince a user to try another substance.

I agree that alcohol is worse.  I basically said as much after my original statement.  I also agree with the second statement to some degree, but I think that varies quite a bit by location.  

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I agree that alcohol is worse.  I basically said as much after my original statement.  I also agree with the second statement to some degree, but I think that varies quite a bit by location.  

Raised my family selling alcohol for 25 years, witnessed many a salesman loose their career because they could not control their drinking. Because they never did random testing those that smoked never lost their jobs because they didn't become bullet proof like drinkers think they become.

1 hour ago, Derf Nosneb said:

Raised my family selling alcohol for 25 years, witnessed many a salesman loose their career because they could not control their drinking. Because they never did random testing those that smoked never lost their jobs because they didn't become bullet proof like drinkers think they become.

Most of the smokers I know are functional.  I know some functioning alcoholics, but I’ve known a lot that can’t.  

• 7 months later...