Nederland at Port Neches-Groves/Nederland wins MCM 38-28!

AggiesAreWe

15 minutes ago, outanup said:

Are you speaking of Phil Danaher? If so, surely you don't believe he was leaving Cal Allen a perennial contender to come to PNG? That was a ploy for a Raise....Great coaches use leverage like that....He can pick just about any job he chooses.....I don't see Faircloth leaving until he chooses either. The Injuns could do a lot worse. 

Perennial contender?  How many state titles has he won?  How many has he been in? 
Going on the philosophy of “they could do a lot worse” usually doesn’t bring Championships.  

Again, just curious how long the Indian faithful will put up with it!

1 minute ago, Reagan said:

Perennial contender?  How many state titles has he won?  How many has he been in? 
Going on the philosophy of “they could do a lot worse” usually doesn’t bring Championships.  

You tell me Reagan.....He's the winningest coach in Texas, What exactly fits your criteria?

Great game. Of course I’m happy my Dogs won, but I’m not here to talk about my team. I would ask the PNG faithful if there could possibly be a way to install handrails on the visitor side going up the aisles to the seating? Lots of older people being helped up the stairs, and for me, I had foot surgery and have one good foot right now (it will get better) and I use a cane for balance. I can put a little pressure on the left foot, just not full weight. A handrail would help tremendously. I wasn’t about to miss the game, but since my injury, I can truly see how difficult it is for handicapped people. Before you tell me to sit in the handicapped seats on the bottom row, you can’t see the game for all the people/kids traffic.

Also, the aisle between “I” and “J” sections goes nowhere. The tunnel underneath is encased with railing forcing people to go to opposite ends of the aisle. It could also present a fire hazard for evacuation purposes. If the seating around the railing was removed, people could exit a lot easier. Thanks for listening. Just trying to help.

15 minutes ago, outanup said:

Are you speaking of Phil Danaher? If so, surely you don't believe he was leaving Cal Allen a perennial contender to come to PNG? That was a ploy for a Raise....Great coaches use leverage like that....He can pick just about any job he chooses.....I don't see Faircloth leaving until he chooses either. The Injuns could do a lot worse. 

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

How long will Nederland put up with Barrow producing the same mediocrity? Your question seems to suggest that Nederland is somehow just light years ahead of PNG. I don’t think that’s what you mean, but the question about Nederland coaching applies. My approach isn’t so much “PNG could do worse” (but, PNG COULD do worse). It’s that there is a LOT that Faircloth does right. Not perfect, and sometimes he doesn’t have the athletes we might wish for. But he’s a better coach than Burnett. That’s an easy discussion for me. However, could we find a better coach? Probably. But things could also be much worse. So I think PNG would do well to not off-handedly dismiss a guy who has fielded such a consistently good team. Are we “perennial” state contenders? No. But if that’s the standard very few coaches in Mid-County should be employed. 

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

The landscape in our area isn’t the same as it was 30-40 years ago with tons of talent. When oil companies started outsourcing work to contractors you don’t have families that are committed to the area as they once was. We have more travel trailers in the area than homes 

Brandon Faircloth

96 wins 

67% of his games.

Faircloth led teams have scored 4776 points

Faircloth led teams have averaged 33 points per game in his time at PNG

Faircloth has coached in 18 playoff games

Faircloth has 10 playoff wins and 8 playoff losses (4 of those losses to State finalist or State Champions)

Faircloth has made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs 4 times

Faircloth has made it to the playoffs 11 times

Faircloth has made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs 6 times

Faircloth has one of only two ever undefeated district championships in PNG history. (The other the 1946 undefeated champion Indians).

Faircloth will become the winningest coach in PNG history this season. 

Faircloth has 4 10 win seasons.

in 2009 Coach Faircloth was Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Coach of the Year

in 2009 Coach Faircloth was Texas Football Magazine 4a Coach of the year

in 2011 Coach Faircloth was the US National team Offensive Coordinator

in 2012 Coach Faircloth was the US National Team Offensive Coordinator

in 2013 Coach Faircloth was the US National Team Offensive Coordinator

in 2014 Coach Faircloth was the US National Teams head Coach

in 2015 Coach Faircloth was the 22-5A co-coach of the year

in 2016 Coach Faircloth was the US National Team head Coach

in 2018 Coach Faircloth was the Under Armour All American Game Quarterbacks Coach

in 2019 Coach Faircloth was the Port Arthur News Super Team Coach of the year.

These are some of his accomplishments. Like him or not these are all facts!

15 minutes ago, the weasel said:

And by the way...The fight on Nederlands side was amongst theirselves!  They then jumped a PN cop who was breaking it up!  Took PN, Nederland and Groves Cops to respond to get under control!  So terribly disrespectful!  And a distraction to such a great rivalry!

Kids.....Just like the kid from PNG who shot the flare gun a few years back.... It will get easier with time.

3 hours ago, the weasel said:

And by the way...The fight on Nederlands side was amongst theirselves!  They then jumped a PN cop who was breaking it up!  Took PN, Nederland and Groves Cops to respond to get under control!  So terribly disrespectful!  And a distraction to such a great rivalry!

PNG visitors stands is disrespectful 

I for one think Faircloth does a great job for PNG, he’s a tremendous offensive coach… defense has been very suspect at times. 

I am curious, when he first moved to PNG he brought in his guys, his hand picked coaching staff which did well undefeated season and lost to Brehnam that went on to state and lose to Aledo… how many of those coaches are still with him at PNG? I wanna say didn’t several leave after that 1st year 

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

I for one think Faircloth does a great job for PNG, he’s a tremendous offensive coach… defense has been very suspect at times. 

I am curious, when he first moved to PNG he brought in his guys, his hand picked coaching staff which did well undefeated season and lost to Brehnam that went on to state and lose to Aledo… how many of those coaches are still with him at PNG? I wanna say didn’t several leave after that 1st year 

None

Duane Kroker was the DC who came over with COach Faircloth. 

Duane Kroeker is the HC/AD at Ingram Tx ISD

Joe Dale Cary Was the OC who came over with Faircloth.

Joe Dale left to become the HC/AD at Crandall and turned them into a very nice winning program. He is now the HC/AD at Hondo ISD. Dustin Templin (DC) left PNG after the 2019 season to be the DC/ AHC for Hondo with Joe Dale Cary.

Jared Wingfield who was FCs first OC left after 3 seasons to become the HC/AD of Mabank High School.

Defensive assistant Ryan Cox left PNG to become the HC\AD of Lovejoy High School for a while. As afar as I can tell Cox is the DC for the Plano Wildcats.

Zane Guy came over with Faircloth as the special teams coordinator is now the DC for Centennial High School in Highland Village, TX

These are the original staff that came in brand new with Faircloth. he also kept a few of Burnett's people.

13 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

🙄

I agree that we need to address the stands at some point on the visitors side. The problem with getting the appropriate attention is that Nederland is the only school that fills it up. I do however hope they address it some time after they finish building the last of the new schools in our district. Every single school in the PNGISD will be brand new with the exception of the high school which is partially new.

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Duane Kroker was the DC who came over with COach Faircloth. 

Duane Kroeker is the HC/AD at Ingram Tx ISD

Joe Dale Cary Was the OC who came over with Faircloth.

Joe Dale left to become the HC/AD at Crandall and turned them into a very nice winning program. He is now the HC/AD at Hondo ISD. Dustin Templin (DC) left PNG after the 2019 season to be the DC/ AHC for Hondo with Joe Dale Cary.

Jared Wingfield who was FCs first OC left after 3 seasons to become the HC/AD of Mabank High School.

Defensive assistant Ryan Cox left PNG to become the HC\AD of Lovejoy High School for a while. As afar as I can tell Cox is the DC for the Plano Wildcats.

Zane Guy came over with Faircloth as the special teams coordinator is now the DC for Centennial High School in Highland Village, TX

These are the original staff that came in brand new with Faircloth. he also kept a few of Burnett's people.

Nothing wrong with all that, Didn’t realize so many became head coaches and such very good for them.

32 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Nothing wrong with all that, Didn’t realize so many became head coaches and such very good for them.

I think that is the nature of the business. When Faircloth came over from Odessa, I don’t think he brought their staff with him but maybe a coach or two. He did bring in people he thought were good coaches from other programs, maybe that he knew personally, maybe that he coached against or knew their reputation.

I can’t imagine a coach from some another far away school saying, this is my dream shot. I have been wanting all of my career to be a line coach at PNG while they’re being coached by a new unproven HC from Odessa. Yes that was intended to be silly but it’s true. I think coaches like he brought in are always looking to move up the food chain no matter the school or coach. It is likely that every coach that was brought in by Faircloth was thinking, this guy might do very good with a well-known program and it might be my ticket to be an offensive coordinator or head coach somewhere else. Again, that’s just the nature of the business.

It is true that some people from an area might enjoy coaching in that area or school and not be looking to move up. Nederland, PNG and other programs certainly have coaches that are not looking to move and will remain with a district if allowed for the remainder of their careers.

I would actually be kind of shocked if any coaches that came with Faircloth from out of the area were still with him.  That would not be the same in a situation like with Matt Burnett or Monte Barrow where they were coaching at their alma mater and had a long time coaching staff with them.

imo…. 

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

I think that is the nature of the business. When Faircloth came over from Odessa, I don’t think he brought their staff with him but maybe a coach or two. He did bring in people he thought were good coaches from other programs, maybe that he knew personally, maybe that he coached against or knew their reputation.

I can’t imagine a coach from some another far away school saying, this is my dream shot. I have been wanting all of my career to be a line coach at PNG while they’re being coached by a new unproven HC from Odessa. Yes that was intended to be silly but it’s true. I think coaches like he brought in are always looking to move up the food chain no matter the school or coach. It is likely that every coach that was brought in by Faircloth was thinking, this guy might do very good with a well-known program and it might be my ticket to be an offensive coordinator or head coach somewhere else. Again, that’s just the nature of the business.

It is true that some people from an area might enjoy coaching in that area or school and not be looking to move up. Nederland, PNG and other programs certainly have coaches that are not looking to move and will remain with a district if allowed for the remainder of their careers.

I would actually be kind of shocked if any coaches that came with Faircloth from out of the area were still with him.  That would not be the same in a situation like with Matt Burnett or Monte Barrow where they were coaching at their alma mater and had a long time coaching staff with them.

imo…. 

I read a quote form faircloth were he said that he wishes for his coaches to move on to be head coaches. He still is in contact with all of them except one. It also makes a difference that he brings in guys that have masters degrees as well. Not all of them but many of them already have them. 

The staff FC brought in were not from OP.

Kroeker was from Keller High School. 

Joe Dale Cary was from Aledo

Jared Wingfield came from Austin Westlake

Zane Guy came from Brownwood

Coach Faircloth has been known to reach out across the state to winning programs to look for coaches ie. Matthew Woodard from Allen this past season as the new DC

Also the year before last Faircloth brought in Klint King who was a previous HC/AD before coming here with a pedigree as a defensive coordinator. He was the one who called the game against FBM in the playoffs last season.