Nederland at Port Neches-Groves/Nederland wins MCM 38-28!

AggiesAreWe

• Bigdog changed the title to Nederland at Port Neches-Groves/Nederland wins MCM 38-28!

I was told by several PNG folks before season there has been chirping going on about Faircloth. After what I witnessed last night, I’ll be surprised if he returns next year.

nederland is a team with a history of fighting for all 4 quarters. I remember a couple years ago, BH dominated Ned and all of a sudden Ned turned it on and walked out of BH with a win. Good win Bulldogs.

7 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

I was told by several PNG folks before season there has been chirping going on about Faircloth. After what I witnessed last night, I’ll be surprised if he returns next year.

nederland is a team with a history of fighting for all 4 quarters. I remember a couple years ago, BH dominated Ned and all of a sudden Ned turned it on and walked out of BH with a win. Good win Bulldogs.

I believe Faircloth's son is a junior, doubt he leaves until his son is through....

Its bittersweet for me as I know a few Nederland players on this years team. Faircloth has done well against Barrow but this year Big Ned got it right. This is a very young PNG team who is gonna have growing pains with only 8 seniors starting on the team. They have improved every single week and in noticeable amounts. I still believe we can beat one of the three remaining favorites on our schedule and make the playoffs. BH, Texas City, or Crosby. Crosby seems to be on another level, but even the team who made state last year (hats off to you) lost to Nederland last season. Congrats Dogs on a fine win. The rest of district I look forward to seeing how our very young team stacks up against you. Nederland you can consider me a Dogs fan the rest of the way. There were a lot of positives out of the game for the Indians last night and I have already spoken with a few Indians fans this morning who were quick to point this out. Enjoy your trophy this year neighbors and remember PNG has 13 starters back next season.

Good win by Nederland and yes BH learned last year you can’t let Ned hang around or they will beat you late. Ned has a big O-line , but PNG dominated the 1st half.  I knew PNG was in for it as soon as I heard chants of “ Over Rated” !!!  Good luck to both teams the rest of district!

Coach Faircloth will be coaching at PNG next year. Just remember when he leaves at a time of his choosing The list of candidates for the HC job at PNG contained many State Championship winning coaches and even the winningest active coach in Texas Highschool football.  I love living in the PNGISD the board takes care of the school and the community supports the board. Every school in our district will be brand new and all of my children received a great education at PN-G. 

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Coach Faircloth will be coaching at PNG next year. Just remember when he leaves at a time of his choosing The list of candidates for the HC job at PNG contained many many State Championship winning coaches and even the winningest active coach in Texas Highschool football.  I love living in the PNGISD the board takes care of the school and the community supports the board. Every school in our district will be brand new and all of my children received a great education at PN-G. 

The list you stated was interesting.  If this is true, why did they choose someone that never was a HC?  

38 minutes ago, TradenupBH said:

May not have a choice. Lol

I was sorta curious about this also.  Curious how long the Indian faithful will put up not winning a State Title!  This coach had a prime opportunity a couple of years ago with the good QB that came through there and couldn’t do anything with that.  So...

2 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Coach Faircloth will be coaching at PNG next year. Just remember when he leaves at a time of his choosing The list of candidates for the HC job at PNG contained many State Championship winning coaches and even the winningest active coach in Texas Highschool football.  I love living in the PNGISD the board takes care of the school and the community supports the board. Every school in our district will be brand new and all of my children received a great education at PN-G. 

Are you speaking of Phil Danaher? If so, surely you don't believe he was leaving Cal Allen a perennial contender to come to PNG? That was a ploy for a Raise....Great coaches use leverage like that....He can pick just about any job he chooses.....I don't see Faircloth leaving until he chooses either. The Injuns could do a lot worse. 

14 minutes ago, outanup said:

Are you speaking of Phil Danaher? If so, surely you don't believe he was leaving Cal Allen a perennial contender to come to PNG? That was a ploy for a Raise....Great coaches use leverage like that....He can pick just about any job he chooses.....I don't see Faircloth leaving until he chooses either. The Injuns could do a lot worse. 

Very true. They gave him a raise once where they thought he might retire.