SILSBEE at ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST/Orangefield wins 16-14!

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

All this talk has taken away from the excitement of that last drive for orangefield. They had a 3rd and 28 and completed their only pass of the game for 48 yards. All to have their FRESHMAN kicker kick the game winning field goal from about 30 yards out leaving 8 seconds on the clock. On homecoming night. 
You can’t make this stuff up, and no matter who you were rooting for last night one thing is true: this is why we are all FANatics of High School football

Should have been in the stands or on the field man, people were going crazy.

8 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

This is exactly why Orangefield never will open offensively. The moment we try & it’s not perfect we get people complaining about “Why are we passing!”  

ugh. 

It wasn’t a complaint.  I was listening to the game on the radio because I was working nights.  I was asking a question bc I didn’t catch every play.  I was wondering if we were having a problem that I was unaware of moving the ball on the ground.  Luckily I will not miss any other games and I will see for myself

2 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

This is exactly why Orangefield never will open offensively. The moment we try & it’s not perfect we get people complaining about “Why are we passing!”  

ugh. 

Well they were driving the ball down the field just fine that drive, just doesn't make sense to throw at that moment.

12 minutes ago, Bobcat.23 said:

Well they were driving the ball down the field just fine that drive, just doesn't make sense to throw at that moment.

The decision to throw the ball to set up the game winning field goal was a great call because we had to get the ball down the field quickly.  Our passing game has improved a lot and it is another weapon in our arsenal.   But I don’t necessarily agree passing the ball when not necessary deep on the side of our field with a team with speed that already is averaging about one interception a game.  I wasn’t at the game and I assume the defense was in a coverage that was favorable for the passing game.  Just made me nervous with our field position at that time.   It was a great game and I wish I was there to have witnessed it in person instead of work but since then I’ve listened to both live broadcast and watched the game footage.  Very impressive win for the players and coaches 

20 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

The decision to throw the ball to set up the game winning field goal was a great call because we had to get the ball down the field quickly.  Our passing game has improved a lot and it is another weapon in our arsenal.   But I don’t necessarily agree passing the ball when not necessary deep on the side of our field with a team with speed that already is averaging about one interception a game.  I wasn’t at the game and I assume the defense was in a coverage that was favorable for the passing game.  Just made me nervous with our field position at that time.   It was a great game and I wish I was there to have witnessed it in person instead of work but since then I’ve listened to both live broadcast and watched the game footage.  Very impressive win for the players and coaches 

A team that is basically a run offense but has the ability to throw every now and then is hard to defend.You stack the line for the run you can get burnt by the pass.AKA WOS vs Plesentgrove.

1 hour ago, Bobcat.23 said:

Not sure why you put that in there. 

but this was stating that when the last play of the half ended the clock worker prematurely stopped the clock while the ball was in the air on a pass attempt at the back of the endzone. In my opinion the clock was stopped way too early. 

10 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

A team that is basically a run offense but has the ability to throw every now and then is hard to defend.You stack the line for the run you can get burnt by the pass.AKA WOS vs Plesentgrove.

If I remember the situation correctly, PG passed 50/60 of the time in their modified Slot T. 
Orangefield passed 3-4 times a game especially when 3 & +15 yards. 

I’d like to imagine if Orangefield when 3 passes & out, 2 or 3 times in one game.

31 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

Not sure why you put that in there. 

but this was stating that when the last play of the half ended the clock worker prematurely stopped the clock while the ball was in the air on a pass attempt at the back of the endzone. In my opinion the clock was stopped way too early. 

Believe you are confused bc myself and Bobcat.23 are referring to something totally different than you are.   

33 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

If I remember the situation correctly, PG passed 50/60 of the time in their modified Slot T. 
Orangefield passed 3-4 times a game especially when 3 & +15 yards. 

I’d like to imagine if Orangefield when 3 passes & out, 2 or 3 times in one game.

Not sure about their pass percentage.Just know coach T's game plan was to stop their awesome run game thus we got burnt with the pass.He did adjust the second half but it was a little to late.

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I don’t give a squat what they can squat… all that matters is that they sh.. or get off the pot.

I believe he was referring to #32 Hunter Ashworth which is their FB.  If he gets untouched for 3 yards then it is going to take half the team to take him down due to his strength.  If you seen him play you would understand the statement.  He is also explaining why the blocking is effective this year.  You did ask what's up with OF.  #40 Dischler has greatly improved and he is awesome to watch in the backfield.  Not to mention the passing game has greatly approved.

36 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

I believe he was referring to #32 Hunter Ashworth which is their FB.  If he gets untouched for 3 yards then it is going to take half the team to take him down due to his strength.  If you seen him play you would understand the statement.  He is also explaining why the blocking is effective this year.  You did ask what's up with OF.  #40 Dischler has greatly improved and he is awesome to watch in the backfield.  Not to mention the passing game has greatly approved.

Well if I said I can squat 650 would you believe it and would it matter if I could? If you have seen me post you would understand my statement. I can’t resist a chance to troll somebody but I get what he is saying. Although I do believe there are several programs with guys who can squat a ton, Vidor has a guy in the middle of the defense who can squat a trailer house. Maybe even a double wide… it doesn’t necessarily translate to football success but it does speak good to your weightlifting and conditioning program.

23 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well if I said I can squat 650 would you believe it and would it matter if I could? If you have seen me post you would understand my statement. I can’t resist a chance to troll somebody but I get what he is saying. Although I do believe there are several programs with guys who can squat a ton, Vidor has a guy in the middle of the defense who can squat a trailer house. Maybe even a double wide… it doesn’t necessarily translate to football success but it does speak good to your weightlifting and conditioning program.

Someone who can move a trailer house is always a good thing to have in those neck of the woods.

38 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Vidor has one kid who maxed out at 640 I believe at the regional meet. That kid happens to be a pretty good DT. Not every team has that either but it’s even less common to have 2 kids squatting at least 650 on the same team. Especially one of those being a RB lol. This is at the 4A D2 level btw. 

1 hour ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Well I respectively disagree with you because strength and conditioning has a lot to due to football success.  Orangefield isn't one of those schools that has the luxury of not having players start both ways but their intensity is the same in the 1st qtr as it is in the 4th.  AND if yall need a trailer house moved over there just come to our fieldhouse 😉