SILSBEE at ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST/Orangefield wins 16-14!

AggiesAreWe

Questionable calls are gonna happen. If you're the better team, you find a way to scrap out a win. Silsbee still had chances to do that and they didn't. Maybe if it was the last play of the game and the refs called a TD incomplete when is was a catch, I could see being upset.

Really, though, blaming the refs ain't gonna get you anywhere.

Good news is they've still got time to prove they're a good team, so lets do it.

Otherwise I don't guess we'll have to worry about Silsbee Lite losing by 50 points to 6A basketball teams early in the season this year.

I’m just saying 48 against Vidor 34 against a good Nederland team 30 against pleasant grove and Silsbee scored in the first 25 seconds of this game I was for sure Silsbee was going to spread Orangefield out the whole game and lite them up with the 4 receivers set the 4th qtr against Nederland was a major collapse now tonight a loss that should not have happened just my opinion.

Alright, let me provide some context and try to put this “ref” debate to rest…

Silsbee had 14 penalties for 125 yards called on them… crazy!

of those 14 penalties, 6 were either false start or offside. Both of those are pretty obvious penalties so you can’t really argue against those.

So that leaves 8 penalties of which 4 were holding. I know for sure we called one, if not two, or those holding calls on the broadcast before the flag was even thrown. We both saw it.

So that leaves us with 4 penalties in question. One of those was a pass interference on silsbee. Defender didn’t try to make a play on the ball. Receiver for O-field came back to make a play on the ball and the silsbee defender ran into him. That’s gonna get called every time. Another was a personal fouls for a horse collar. Again, very obvious call.

So 2 penalties left… there was a block in the back. This was one of those times when the receiver catches he ball and cuts across the field. Another silsbee receiver was going to make a block but because the ball carrier was changing directions it made the defender turn his back at the last second, causing a block in the back. I remember this play very clearly. Jackson made a good move and had a great gain; but the penalty was valid.

That leaves 1 penalty which was sideline warning. I guess that can be argued either way. But I can see why they called it.

That’s my two cents 

With Dodd and Martin going out with injuries, Silsbee had to move Miller to the backfield. Silsbee missed some good opportunities to seal the game on a few dropped passes. It happens!! The passion g game was solid and rhe run game in the 2nd half wasn't either. Stack that up with penalties, you will lose most of the time. OF has a pretty good defense so take nothing away from them. Id take 3rd in district 😂😂😂😂. The rest can go battle Carthage early. 

Some stats before I hit the sheets:

Total Yards:

Silsbee 290

Orangefield 300

Rush Yards:

Silsbee 148

Orangefield 252

Pass Yards

Silsbee 142

Orangefield 48

Turnovers

Silsbee 0

Orangefield 2

Penalties

Silsbee 14/122

Orangefield 7/50

Some individual stats for Silsbee

Brisbane 8/24 142 yards 1 TD

Dodd 17 carries for 123, 1 TD

Miller- 9 carries for 24 yards, 4 catches for 77 yards and 1 TD

Jackson 3 catches for 44 yards

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Some stats before I hit the sheets:

Total Yards:

Silsbee 290

Orangefield 300

Rush Yards:

Silsbee 148

Orangefield 252

Pass Yards

Silsbee 142

Orangefield 48

Turnovers

Silsbee 0

Orangefield 2

Penalties

Silsbee 14/122

Orangefield 7/50

Some individual stats for Silsbee

Brisbane 8/24 142 yards 1 TD

Dodd 17 carries for 123, 1 TD

Miller- 9 carries for 24 yards, 4 catches for 77 yards and 1 TD

Jackson 3 catches for 44 yards

Thanks 

• Bigdog changed the title to SILSBEE at ORANGEFIELD BROADCAST/Orangefield wins 16-14!