Hamshire-Fannett at West Orange-Stark/WOS wins 24-8

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Me Too. On a positive note I was glad to see the running back from JV move up. He and Gales and the rest of RB are going to do some damage on some teams. Can we succeed with the old swinging gate play?

The sophomore QB Robinson is a pretty good athlete. I think he can hold it down until Zigler gets back 

25 minutes ago, GUNHO said:

Zigs mother confirmed to me that they thought it was broke but took him to the doctor this am and it wasn't broke.Has a ac sprain and well miss one week.

Next man up. Let's see what sophomore Keyshawn Robinson can do with a week of practice with the starters. Who knows, maybe he continues as QB even when zig returns?

5 hours ago, GUNHO said:

So far our passing game has not shown up all season.That first kid could sling it but couldn't connect.We need short routes instead of the home run kind.

And I have been saying that all yr. Our O/C refuses to throw a 5 yd route.he hasn't done it yet.and it's been there all yr.this play calling has to get better.

10 minutes ago, dj said:

And I have been saying that all yr. Our O/C refuses to throw a 5 yd route.he hasn't done it yet.and it's been there all yr.this play calling has to get better.

Think about this for a second chief,this is the same coaching staff that went to state 4 years in a row winning 2.With that said do you honestly believe the oc is that bad?Like he forgot how to call a play or something!The issue is personnel IMO,Zig is a hell of a athlete but he is not a QB,just think about it for me or by all means go take his job if you think you need to!

6 hours ago, GUNHO said:

So far our passing game has not shown up all season.That first kid could sling it but couldn't connect.We need short routes instead of the home run kind.

Gunho your right who ever is calling the plays  he MUST DO AWAY WITH THAT (OLD STINKING PLAY BOOK) you know as a big fan of the mustang over the years  watching the  mustangs struggle in the passing game this year BUT  you and i know it can change and put  fear into whoever they play  next. i am a retired collage coach 11 happy years worked under RC big boss man so i do now a little about the game i called the playes   for them  some good some bad BUT  it all changed the next week  L O N G  hrs for me on sunday watching filmes i might put more later  this keybord is missing keys PS oh its not hard for other coaches to see all that wo-s has this year  run run run there offence blocking stinks also

On 9/26/2021 at 5:49 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Think about this for a second chief,this is the same coaching staff that went to state 4 years in a row winning 2.With that said do you honestly believe the oc is that bad?Like he forgot how to call a play or something!The issue is personnel IMO,Zig is a hell of a athlete but he is not a QB,just think about it for me or by all means go take his job if you think you need to!

Exactly. Heck, the guy barely lost a game in a 4-year span and called plays in 4 state title games. I don't think he's too shabby at what he does. I am with you WO-S#1, it is personnel. Yes, WOS has good players, but it does not match up as an overall team as the teams WOS fielded in the past. Anyone should be able see that. 

just an outside opinion,  and I didn't watch the Ned/WOS game, but it may be issues adapting the playbook to the new personnel due to injuries , etc.  Not necessarily throwing out the old playbook.  But again that is on the HC and OC to figure out.

No disrespect he is a great guy.but not a good as a oc.those 4yrs. We were good on defense.and a great dline.2 of the yrs. They had one of the most dominant teams ever at w.o 15&16.and I agree Zig isn't the qb we expect but he plays with alot of heart.play calling is so transparent.no imagination.in these days u have to be able to put up points.without CT as coach with this staff we probably be a 500 ball club.

47 minutes ago, dj said:

No disrespect he is a great guy.but not a good as a oc.those 4yrs. We were good on defense.and a great dline.2 of the yrs. They had one of the most dominant teams ever at w.o 15&16.and I agree Zig isn't the qb we expect but he plays with alot of heart.play calling is so transparent.no imagination.in these days u have to be able to put up points.without CT as coach with this staff we probably be a 500 ball club.

I really don't have a problem with the play calling.Been calling these plays for years and winning.Just wish we would quit throwing those long passes which are always overthrown.You don't step down to the players...the players have to step up.