Jasper at Vidor/Vidor wins 8-7 !

AggiesAreWe

3 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

QB gave it all he had big 99 and co were chasing him around all game long. Vidor showed grit and guts yet again, I’m convinced this years team is not as talented as past teams but man do they have moxie.

Agree 110%.  These guys don’t quit.

32 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And I hope Jasper wins out, but with Carthage, that’s a stretch.  Y’all have a great defense.  Held PNG & Vidor to one offensive TD each.  Impressive.

That defense is something else, but you're right. Carthage probably won't blow us out, but if we can't score it doesn't matter. There's a lot to clean up. 

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

That defense is something else, but you're right. Carthage probably won't blow us out, but if we can't score it doesn't matter. There's a lot to clean up. 

On the plus side, sounds like the “lot to clean up” is all fixable.  I really think y’all will see much success.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

On the plus side, sounds like the “lot to clean up” is all fixable.  I really think y’all will see much success.

I think you're right. Our kids get too emotional and they need to figure out how to be poised. Those 15-yard penalties are very costly, especially the last one on our touchdown that gave you guys that good field position. There's a lot to like about our team, but you can't have that stuff. 

3 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Great game tonight! My voice is hoarse and I got a pounding headache. Good luck the rest of the season, Dawgs. Glad the Pirates are idle this next week, we're pretty beat up after tonight.

Homecoming type crowd on Vidor side, I think most were standing from the time of Jasper's kickoff till the end of the game. 

23 minutes ago, Tim Riggins said:

Homecoming type crowd on Vidor side, I think most were standing from the time of Jasper's kickoff till the end of the game. 

It was electric tonight, I told my family before been got there it was gonna be packed and be loud tonight and they were! Reminded me of the 2011 "Game of the Century" between #1 LSU and #2 Bama. Defensive struggle all night! Literally grown man SEC type of ball game tonight.

38 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

It was electric tonight, I told my family before been got there it was gonna be packed and be loud tonight and they were! Reminded me of the 2011 "Game of the Century" between #1 LSU and #2 Bama. Defensive struggle all night! Literally grown man SEC type of ball game tonight.

It got chippy a few times and ended up costing both teams with penalties going both ways and one player getting ejected. But you know what both teams lined up, shook hands and gave each other respect after a hard fought game. I like that type of football where you give it your all and maybe even push the limits and hit a little after the whistle. Both of these teams went at it tonight, I watched several plays where a block would be completely finished all the way to the ground. Even away from the play but the refs let it go and the opponents helped each other up and did it again. These types of games help build good teams, win or lose you know you have been battle tested.

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

It got chippy a few times and ended up costing both teams with penalties going both ways and one player getting ejected. But you know what both teams lined up, shook hands and gave each other respect after a hard fought game. I like that type of football where you give it your all and maybe even push the limits and hit a little after the whistle. Both of these teams went at it tonight, I watched several plays where a block would be completely finished all the way to the ground. Even away from the play but the refs let it go and the opponents helped each other up and did it again. These types of games help build good teams, win or lose you know you have been battle tested.

Absolutely! These teams were going at it tonight, even with all the personal fouls and everything. Both squads showed alot of heart. This game tonight, will make both teams better for it. Alot of heart played with both teams tonight! 

first and foremost, hats off to the Vidor Pirates for playing a helluva game and getting the win.

now, if I may address a call by the officials that very well may have impacted the outcome of the game. 

Jasper was flagged for excessive celebration after scoring their TD.  that is a dead ball foul that should have been enforced on pat.

instead it was enforced on Jasper's kickoff to Vidor.  instead of kicking from the 40 it was kicked from the 25. 

maybe those 15 yards may not have helped in the scoring drive but I can tell you this, it sure did NOT hurt it.

57 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

first and foremost, hats off to the Vidor Pirates for playing a helluva game and getting the win.

now, if I may address a call by the officials that very well may have impacted the outcome of the game. 

Jasper was flagged for excessive celebration after scoring their TD.  that is a dead ball foul that should have been enforced on pat.

instead it was enforced on Jasper's kickoff to Vidor.  instead of kicking from the 40 it was kicked from the 25. 

maybe those 15 yards may not have helped in the scoring drive but I can tell you this, it sure did NOT hurt it.

I was surprised they enforced that dead ball foul on the kickoff instead of the PAT myself, but those refs couldn't find their butt from a hole in the ground most of the night anyways.😂

4 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I was surprised they enforced that dead ball foul on the kickoff instead of the PAT myself, but those refs couldn't find their butt from their hole.in the ground most of the night anyways.😂

Sadly the officiating (a necessary evil, & hats off to them) in several sports seems to have dropped off somewhat.  But bad as they may be, there’s no game without them.  I saw video of one play where the Jasper QB went back to pass & started rolling to his right.  #99 was bulling passed the center & right out in the open the center wrapped both arms around him in what looked like an attempted tackle.  Couldn’t believe there was no flag.  Anyway, proud of the Pirates.  As posted before, no quit in these guys.

• Bigdog changed the title to Jasper at Vidor/Vidor wins 8-7 !