season is around the corner!! who are some teams to put an eye on

3 minutes ago, UNT-AggieMan said:

besides the obvious choice of BU who will y'all be going to watch this year?

I felt like last year was the year for teams (besides United) to "get their licks in" on Silsbee. I honestly believe Silsbee is on the verge of another title run these next three years.

I'll be watching that other 4A district as well. Huffman, HJ and Hamshire-Fannett should be fun to watch battle for the district title.

i think silsbee is definitely a tittle contender this year. HF is going to make a deep run i think depends on what that coach brings to the table. BU is always fun to watch. i keep hearing that there is a stud over in kountze who is a freshmen. 

i am also wondering what will EC do with the loss of  Ernest Ceaser and what lumberton will do with the loss of brock mcclure  

19 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I felt like last year was the year for teams (besides United) to "get their licks in" on Silsbee. I honestly believe Silsbee is on the verge of another title run these next three years.

I'll be watching that other 4A district as well. Huffman, HJ and Hamshire-Fannett should be fun to watch battle for the district title.

Good enough to be a top 3 team in the area this season???

I know the Schedules aren't out yet but I'm sure Silsbee will be playing United at some point in their non-district schedule huh??

@Cardinal 1 I think my Mustangs will be very entertaining as well.  We have size, quickness and I feel we shoot it better this year than people give us credit for.  Last season torward the end we started shooting the ball pretty well.  After we go on a long run in football we will get 2 of our top players on the court with Darren Anderson and lock down defender Jailon Brown.  I think Coach C will have fun mixing those two in with the rest of what we have.  Excited over here in Mustang Country for sure!!!

8 hours ago, whsalum said:

Will those kids play varsity ball this year? I’d like to check em out 

From what I’ve heard one will be on varsity. Haven’t heard much else . The best player for Kountze I believe this year will be a 6’3 sophomore. His little brother is in that freshman class and is pretty good to