6 Shallowater

7 Lorena

8 Gunter

9 Bushland

10 West Rusk

25 Woodville

Honorable Mention : Buna

31 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Texas Volleyball insiders to me is the more accurate poll to look at. Here is the local ish teams they have listed in their newest poll today 

5A 

#11 Barbers Hill

#13 Manvel 

4A 

#3 Huffman 

Teams to watch Bridge City

3A 

#9 Hardin

1A/2A

Teams to watch Evadale 

Agreed I had waiting for it to come out.

Full link here

This is the hidden content, please

Guest mrtomcat
17 hours ago, aTmfan06 said:

Texas Volleyball insiders to me is the more accurate poll to look at. Here is the local ish teams they have listed in their newest poll today 

5A 

#11 Barbers Hill

#13 Manvel 

4A 

#3 Huffman 

Teams to watch Bridge City

3A 

#9 Hardin

1A/2A

Teams to watch Evadale 

Didnt Bridge City beat Huffman and have just as good as record?  How can this be more accurate?

12 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

Didnt Bridge City beat Huffman and have just as good as record?  How can this be more accurate?

Huffman beat Bridge City 3-0. Bridge City did later beat Huffman 2-0 in tournament play. Bridge City also has played a lot of teams that aren’t any good. With the exception of the Huffman win at the tournament Bridge City doesn’t have any othe staple wins in my IMO. But if Bridge City is as good as their record shows then it will work itself out come playoff time

Guest mrtomcat
4 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Huffman beat Bridge City 3-0. Bridge City did later beat Huffman 2-0 in tournament play. Bridge City also has played a lot of teams that aren’t any good. With the exception of the Huffman win at the tournament Bridge City doesn’t have any othe staple wins in my IMO. But if Bridge City is as good as their record shows then it will work itself out come playoff time

cant really focus too much on records, but the head to head is where its at.  seems like both teams are very similar.  

11 minutes ago, mrtomcat said:

who do you think is best suited to make a deep run in 4a in our area?

Yalls area? So region 3 right now has #3 Huffman, #5 Bellville, #15 Carthage, #17 China Spring, and #21 Bridge City. Bellville won the region last year. Ive only got to see them play once this year and it was vs 3A #1 East Bernard in which we blew a 3-0 lead and lost in 5. Bellville is good but inconsistent at times this season. Huffman is solid. If your talking about the 4A teams around the Golden Triangle then Bridge City would be about the only ones I think can go a few rounds. All depends on how the brackets fill out. 

27 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

There is no way Bridge City should be unranked while Huffman is ranked #3. Huffman is solid but they are no where near what they have been the last couple of years. I would argue Bridge City is better. 

Well good news they will most likely face each other in the regional quarter finals and we will see

1 minute ago, aTmfan06 said:

It’s just Bridge City’s schedule… other than the Tournament win over Huffman every other above average team they have played has beat them. I mean I’m not discrediting all their wins because you play who is on your schedule. 

Had they held on to beat Richmond Foster that would be a great win over a 5a that is currently winning their district over a team like Fulshear. 

18 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Had they held on to beat Richmond Foster that would be a great win over a 5a that is currently winning their district over a team like Fulshear. 

Oh definitely. I’m glad Bellville played a tough non district schedule because our district isn’t good at all this year.

On 9/29/2021 at 10:27 AM, aTmfan06 said:

It’s just Bridge City’s schedule… other than the Tournament win over Huffman every other above average team they have played has beat them. I mean I’m not discrediting all their wins because you play who is on your schedule. 

Look at all the teams Bridge City faced at the YMBL Tournament and WON it.  I think Bridge City could beat Huffman again if they played. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:51 AM, Steven Avery said:

There is no way Bridge City should be unranked while Huffman is ranked #3. Huffman is solid but they are no where near what they have been the last couple of years. I would argue Bridge City is better. 

I agree with you.  Huffman is not as good as in previous years.  My daughter played them from 2017-2019.  They were Solid then.

1 hour ago, AggieforLife said:

Look at all the teams Bridge City faced at the YMBL Tournament and WON it.  I think Bridge City could beat Huffman again if they played. 

At YMBL the only good team they beat was Huffman. Conroe is a big school but they are 0-4 in district and their 23 wins are boosted by wins over less than average smaller schools.