Jasper vs Vidor

Hagar

36 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

It's taken me a while to get into this season, to be honest, but here I am. It's harder to listen to/watch the games than it ever has been. You guys in Orange have professional, seasoned broadcasters and we don't. I'll leave it at that. 

Anyway, Dirty is all over it. We're very young and the offense is different (we run out of the spread), so losing games early wasn't good for us. There's a ton of speed everywhere as usual and the defense looked pretty solid in the games we played against PN-G and H-J. 

I think this will be a close game that could be decided by the kicking game, but I'll take Jasper 27-23. 

If it’s decided by the kicking game, I sincerely hope the Vidor kicker is on.  😂😂😂

6 hours ago, dj said:

He ran for almost 400 yds against us. A few yrs back at jasper.lots of confusion that nite on defense

that my friend was Montavien Hunt in 2018. His dad is Fred Hunt who played Qb against yall back in the 80s.

I assume j_dog is referring to the head hunter himself Terrance "Tiki" Cuney. A 5'10 225 lb beast. Yall got a taste of him in 2013 in the 3rd round. yall won 18-16 on a last minute pass. went on to play Carthage in 4th rd.  We jasper fans earlier that year watched him dominate Carthage. lol he was/is a big fella but he out ran #1 ranked Carthage defense 90 yards on one play for a td.

11 hours ago, j_dog said:

If this Cuney is anything like that other Cuney was; watch out world!!!  WOS, do you remember him?

he isn't the beast tiki was actually he has not even been a starter but when his name is called upon he gets the job done.

I apologize for getting off thread topic, but I love me some Jasper football . so please yall bear with me. 

Tiki is now playing semi-pro ball for the Texas Colts. He has a twin brother named De' Anthony who was a damn good linebacker for Jasper.  their cousin is Terrelle Cuney who played center for the DAWGS and went on to the University of Texas. He is now the defensive coordinator at Burkeville highschool.

OK I am done now. ✔

21 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

that my friend was Montavien Hunt in 2018. His dad is Fred Hunt who played Qb against yall back in the 80s.

I assume j_dog is referring to the head hunter himself Terrance "Tiki" Cuney. A 5'10 225 lb beast. Yall got a taste of him in 2013 in the 3rd round. yall won 18-16 on a last minute pass. went on to play Carthage in 4th rd.  We jasper fans earlier that year watched him dominate Carthage. lol he was/is a big fella but he out ran #1 ranked Carthage defense 90 yards on one play for a td.

We were actually  ranked #7 and you remember game a little different then I do here is write up on it

This is the hidden content, please

22 hours ago, piratevillain said:

I like when the Pirates are underdogs, they always seem to play better under those terms anyways.

I agree, they do seem to play better.  According to the Pickums, Pirates are definitely underdogs.  Currently out of 25 picks in:

Jasper 19 and Vidor 6.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:29 AM, dj said:

He ran for almost 400 yds against us. A few yrs back at jasper.lots of confusion that nite on defense

That was Montavien Hunt. I think he ran for 370 or so. He was a junior and he got hurt late in that season. He split carries with Carl Limbrick after that and I believe he was a corner on defense. We never really saw the same burst from him again, but that was a heck of a night for him. 

1 minute ago, Bulldogs92 said:

That was Montavien Hunt. I think he ran for 370 or so. He was a junior and he got hurt late in that season. He split carries with Carl Limbrick after that and I believe he was a corner on defense. We never really saw the same burst from him again, but that was a heck of a night for him. 

I didn't see Dirty's post. Beat me to the punch.