Jasper vs Vidor

Hagar

The Pirates (and fans) are excited to be back to football after a one week sabbatical due to Nicholas.  The Bulldogs had two weeks off coming back with a win over HJ 33-3.  Both teams are chomping at the bit, and I suspect this will be a good one.

Maxpreps, that great football authority (not), had Vidor ranked 287 in the State and Jasper 308.  That’s as close as most any game you’ll see.  In a horse race they’d call it a photo finish.  😄😄😄

27 minutes ago, Hagar said:

The Pirates (and fans) are excited to be back to football after a one week sabbatical due to Nicholas.  The Bulldogs had two weeks off coming back with a win over HJ 33-3.  Both teams are chomping at the bit, and I suspect this will be a good one.

Maxpreps, that great football authority (not), had Vidor ranked 287 in the State and Jasper 308.  That’s as close as most any game you’ll see.  In a horse race they’d call it a photo finish.  😄😄😄

Nice promo old friend, but who ya got???

Im gonna go against the grain and choose my buddy Jeff and his Pirates. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Nice promo old friend, but who ya got???

Im gonna go against the grain and choose my buddy Jeff and his Pirates. 

Although I don’t live there anymore, I did all my schooling in Vidor so my biased opinion is Vidor wins in a close one.  Suspect a lot of points on the board.  Just hope the Pirates have most of them.  😄

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Seems to be a lack of interest from the Jasper fans.  Perhaps they’re so excited getting a shot at LCM they’re overlooking the Pirates?  

I thought the same thing, I was wondering where all the Jasper fans were. But it's just Monday, give 'em time to gather their marbles! lol

9 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

I thought Jasper ran 'multiple set' offense last year? I may be wrong though.

When I saw them them they were in a wing T Barbay retired at Oc. Its time for Vidor to spread out. Watch the 12 Orphans coach Rusty Russell started using the spread in the late 1920’s went on to have a great career ended up 181-40-14 as a HC. Good luck Vidor I hope y’all win big

Jasper has one of "youngest" teams that we fielded in quite some time. while I think they will come into their own as time goes on.  A game and a half under the Friday night lights going into the 5th game of the season is not the ideal situation for getting kinks worked. Coach usually does a good job getting kids put in position that best suites them, he just having to go it at an accelerated pace.

Defensively the DAWGS are ahead of the offense thus far I think. We have 2 or 3 sophomore players on defense that are gonna be alot of fun to watch as they grow and mature playing at the Varsity level.  On offense no we don't have a Carl Limbrick but we have some young men that have some fast turning wheels.  you will see Jasper throw the ball more than you have in a long  time.

for me personally I have taken a liking to #6 (Cuney) on offense. 

While Vidor thus far is having a great season(I wish them continued success as it goes on) and the fact those young men are usually well coached and play with all out effort.  the Pirates are gonna be a handful to say the least. Granted HJ is not as good as Vidor I think. they do run similar type offense so the timing of this game with it still fresh on Jasper’s mind hopefully works out.

the one thing I can/will guarantee come Friday night is that I will be there in Vidor supporting them DAWGS.

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

When I saw them them they were in a wing T Barbay retired at Oc. Its time for Vidor to spread out. Watch the 12 Orphans coach Rusty Russell started using the spread in the late 1920’s went on to have a great career ended up 181-40-14 as a HC. Good luck Vidor I hope y’all win big

I've been wanting to see that movie, heard it was really good. I didn't know Barbay wasn't the OC anymore but it makes sense now. 

But I heard that 12 Orphans was a good movie, I've been wanting to see it!

1 minute ago, piratevillain said:

I've been wanting to see that movie, heard it was really good. I didn't know Barbay wasn't the OC anymore but it makes sense now. 

But I heard that 12 Orphans was a good movie, I've been wanting to see it!

It’s a great movie. Everyone should watch it. The man was a great coach and changed the lives of many 

It's taken me a while to get into this season, to be honest, but here I am. It's harder to listen to/watch the games than it ever has been. You guys in Orange have professional, seasoned broadcasters and we don't. I'll leave it at that. 

Anyway, Dirty is all over it. We're very young and the offense is different (we run out of the spread), so losing games early wasn't good for us. There's a ton of speed everywhere as usual and the defense looked pretty solid in the games we played against PN-G and H-J. 

I think this will be a close game that could be decided by the kicking game, but I'll take Jasper 27-23.