Silsbee Vs Orange field

Who That

Seems Silsbee has a ton of talent people say don’t blame the coaches but when coaches go into prevent up 20 points in the 4th and shut down their own offense I’m mentioning the Nederland game it’s a problem to me I’m not taking anything away from them or Orangefield defense but a combination of things lost that game for Silsbee the bobcats slot-t offense is very good but it seems to me that Silsbee cannot get out of their own way WO-S lost 5 starters last night so the district is really up in the air at this point I would love to see a rematch with Orangefield.

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

If there was ever a fanbase that knows what it’s like to go years without winning, it’s LCM…

You do realize Orangefield has never beat LCM. I think you need to do a little research. Also the top losing teams by winning percentage is Vidor and Lumberton in our area. 

7 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

You do realize Orangefield has never beat LCM. I think you need to do a little research. Also the top losing teams by winning percentage is Vidor and Lumberton in our area. 

Just how many times have they actually played each other in a game.  OF and LCM usually scrimmage each other in recent years and I promise you they haven’t always dominated

12 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

Just how many times have they actually played each other in a game.  OF and LCM usually scrimmage each other in recent years and I promise you they haven’t always dominated

Take this as no disrespect towards Orangefield but you got folks that get on here and start talking without looking stuff up. For some reason I can’t look at all the games from the past history. What I could look up OF is 0-13-1 against LCM. I researched a few years ago  back Orange County opponents against LCM. LCM has winning record against Everyone except WOS. I love high school football and love it’s history. I’m going to make that Orangefield and WOS match up. Good win against Silsbee. 

2 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Take this as no disrespect towards Orangefield but you got folks that get on here and start talking without looking stuff up. For some reason I can’t look at all the games from the past history. What I could look up OF is 0-13-1 against LCM. I researched a few years ago  back Orange County opponents against LCM. LCM has winning record against Everyone except WOS. I love high school football and love it’s history. I’m going to make that Orangefield and WOS match up. Good win against Silsbee. 

Last time LCM played OF was in 2017ish or 2016 i think. If we played them now it would be a close game knowing that LCM has talent this year. Obviously we're better this year which we proved on Friday.

Just now, Bobcat.23 said:

Last time LCM played OF was in 2017ish or 2016 i think. If we played them now it would be a close game knowing that LCM has talent this year. Obviously we're better this year which we proved on Friday.

Yes we played 2016 and 2017 season. The 2016 I believe went to OT 43-42. It was a good ball game. 

1 minute ago, Bobcat.23 said:

Well I know that, but I meant If they won the rest of the games assuming that Silsbee and WOS being their most difficult games for district.

Anyone know how good Liberty is? I believe y’all beat HJ and HF. I think WOS will be a game y’all need to win for the DC. Y’all will be fighting for that 1 and 2 spot. Silsbee not out of being at the top

51 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

It was a joke.  However, “historically” LCM’s football has been far from what I would define as successful.  But I think that is all in the process of changing. 

5 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Anyone know how good Liberty is? I believe y’all beat HJ and HF. I think WOS will be a game y’all need to win for the DC. Y’all will be fighting for that 1 and 2 spot. Silsbee not out of being at the top

Silsbee has a lot of talent. Just a lot of mistakes going on. OF has a lot of experience this year and it's showing. They lost to Livingston and their defensive coverage was not doing very hot that night, but I've watched the film on Liberty and in my opinion they will not beat OF nor Silsbee, but we never know. They lost that big running back from last year I think from what I've seen and I don't see much size on their team. They got beat 28-0 by a good Huffman team. They also beat Diboll 14-7, but OF will be playing them at their place on their homecoming. Liberty runs a slot t and OF is good at stopping the run, especially last year when they ran the 4-3 defense.

8 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

OF was struggling last year on offense mostly, but they're back with special players on both offense and defense. Dischler the halfback can make plays and so can their big running back ashworth.

There were several things during this game that kept the score marginal.  The Bobcat offense was solid.  Took advantage of every opportunity that was given. Along with their motivation it was a good game to watch.

That is how you win football games.  Capitalizing on opportunities.  Silsbee did not perform well in second half by a long way.  It is definitely a concern down the road if they plan on turning the season around to try and make a run..

It was a great win by Orangefield and definitely pits this district on notice to not take any team lightly.

Jmo