Silsbee Vs Orange field

Who That

32 minutes ago, BOBKAT'88 said:

Settle down ghost rider.   Somebody is taking everything personal and just to let you know we aren’t down with the “worm and fuzzy”.  Nobody from OF talked trash on Silsbee other than they think that they can give Silsbee a good game.  How dare we don’t just fall in line with your way of thinking lol.  On that note…. I feel “nice and comfy”

I guess I got a little too comfy because I actually fell asleep before saying that I do agree with you when you made the point ….. “that’s why they play the game.”.  .  I’m sure Silsbee will bring it as will Orangefield.  Should be a great game to watch

6 hours ago, STiger85 said:

So, y'all feeling all nice and comfy after beating some 3A teams with a combined record of 4-7. Your loss is to a 4A school that has beaten a winless Christian school and two 3A teams. Not to mention y'all have never beaten Silsbee. Now, Silsbee coming in with a losing record, having two last minute losses to bigger schools and a win over a power house 4A school, that maybe down this year, still a tradition rich team. Y'all still feeling all worm and fuzzy? Consider this, Silsbee has already seen y'alls offense, having played two teams that run it as good as or better than y'all can. Y'alls loss is to a team whos offense isn't as good as ours and they put 31 points on y'all. But you know thats why you play the game. Hey, it's y'alls homecoming and what better time to get y'alls first win over Silsbee. Me, I'm going with the homer pick, Silsbee. TigerNation!!!

A win over a power house … Cmon now everyone knows PG isn’t near what they usually are.

27 minutes ago, Bobcat.23 said:

I don't know why you're talking trash, but it was a one score game last year at y'alls place at homecoming. Y'all were beating Vidor and they came back and beat y'all because Silsbee was getting tired against the slot t. 

If you’re theory is based on the Silsbee/Vidor game, you are in for a rude awakening. 

Nothing in high school sports is a real big surprise to me after all they are still kids.  However, i will be somewhat surprised if this one is in doubt at the end.  The tigers just have too much fire power and if we can run the ball like last week then we should counter the one thing that would work for OF,  time of possesion.

Dodd almost ran for 300 yards last week and Miller was averaging about 220 yards 3TDs per game recieving before Silsbee ran thr ball 95% of the game last week. Silsbee has alot of kids on offense that can really play. Cartwright, Martin, and Jackson are all solid. Good Luck to both school and I pray for safe travels and a injury free game. 

Silsbee 48 OF 21 

20 hours ago, ST413 said:

Nothing in high school sports is a real big surprise to me after all they are still kids.  However, i will be somewhat surprised if this one is in doubt at the end.  The tigers just have too much fire power and if we can run the ball like last week then we should counter the one thing that would work for OF,  time of possesion.

Your absolutely correct.its there only chance.bcz Miller and Dodd will be the 2 best players on the field and can score from anywhere on the field. Tigers by 3tds.

Few things...

1) Silsbee Defense has continued to get better.  There conditioning has improved 3fold since the Vidor game.  That along with some key additions to help rotate out the DLine has made this defense even faster. 

2) The weather.  It will not be hot.  That one thing I believe is gonna be a difference and could well make this young defense even more dynamic.

3) Vidor had excellent field position the whole game and the long 8+ minute drive in the fourth qtr that put a nail in Tigers energy.  I dont expect that to be the case tonight but Silsbee Special Teams has tested the young Tigers defense in some tough spots early in their schedule.  They must play better in these key situations to advance deep.

It will be a great litmus test for the Tigers to see just where they are and how much they have improved because Orangefield brings a lot of returning players to the field.

Look forward to the game and best of luck.

#TigerNation

13 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I doubt it. They first played like in 1937 it might take them another 84 years to get a win 

with re-alignment coming up you might be right.  If the enrollment cutoff numbers change then we will drop down again.  Your statement is very misleading bc Silsbee and OF haven't played each other that many times period.   Take your loss like a champ!