PNGs last three QBs

prepballfan

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

Blake Bost got in for few snaps for the AGS Roschon had 3 rushes for 130 yards at the half and Adam Morse is leading one of the better small colleges in the nation. Congrats to these three young men. They are all quality young gentlemen. 

Makes you wonder why they haven’t done better in the past how many years.  Where’s Stat at, maybe he can elaborate!

5 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

Makes you wonder why they haven’t done better in the past how many years.  Where’s Stat at, maybe he can elaborate!

Not sure how you measure success. Coach Faircloth coached teams have only missed the playoffs once. They have been to the second round of the playoffs 7 times, the third round of the playoffs 4 times. He has won 10 games 4 times. He has 94 wins at PNG and will tie Matt Burnett as the winningest coach in PNGs 96 year history with his next two wins. He has won 67% of his games at PNG. His teams hold nearly every QB record at PNG. Nearly every wr record at PNG. His teams have also produced the 2nd leading rusher career wise in our history. He also coached the second single season rusher in our history. Coach FC led teams has the 14th best defense in our history and. 5 of the top 35 defenses in our history. Yes this has not led us to a state title but Id say there are many schools out there who would lave to have these stats. 

Awesome, if anybody says Faircloth needs to leave PNG, they are crazy. Adam tearing it up at the Div 2 level, R Johnson playing at UT, B Bost got in at TAMU, J Garth got in at UT, J Patterson at UMHB, C Denzlinger played at HPU, T Lisauckis (Injured) at Trinity University, and another that I can’t think of his name at Arkansas-Monticello, pretty dang impressive.

8 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Not sure how you measure success. Coach Faircloth coached teams have only missed the playoffs once. They have been to the second round of the playoffs 7 times, the third round of the playoffs 4 times. He has won 10 games 4 times. He has 94 wins at PNG and will tie Matt Burnett as the winningest coach in PNGs 96 year history with his next two wins. He has won 67% of his games at PNG. His teams hold nearly every QB record at PNG. Nearly every wr record at PNG. His teams have also produced the 2nd leading rusher career wise in our history. He also coached the second single season rusher in our history. Coach FC led teams has the 14th best defense in our history and. 5 of the top 35 defenses in our history. Yes this has not led us to a state title but Id say there are many schools out there who would lave to have these stats. 

Honestly my answer to that is it very difficult to go far when you can’t stop teams defensively.  A shootout every week and all you need is one mistake.  Whether all the talent is on one side or you don’t have the personnel on that side of the ball or if it’s the scheme.  Offensively though they have been stellar.  I was wondering yesterday after RJ and Bost took snaps at UT and TAMU what high school could say that? To have their last two QB’s take snaps at those schools on the same day is pretty impressive.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:00 PM, CougarCal said:

It’s pretty simple, the defensive side of the ball has been terrible. The only time they had a defense was BF’s first year. Before BF’s time here our defense’s were good but the offense wasn’t too great after Long left. The year’s we had those 3 QB’s our offense has been almost unstoppable. PNG puts out good QB’s on a yearly basis now. I’d say BF has been good for PNG!

3 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

It’s pretty simple, the defensive side of the ball has been terrible. The only time they had a defense was BF’s first year. Before BF’s time here our defense’s were good but the offense wasn’t too great after Long left. The year’s we had those 3 QB’s our offense has been almost unstoppable. PNG puts out good QB’s on a yearly basis now. I’d say BF has been good for PNG!

I remember that team, a good friend of mine son was on the O line that year.  The last few years they’ve had a ton of talent at the QB position.  Pretty impressive watching AMo, Roschon, and Bost this past weekend.  

On 9/18/2021 at 11:21 PM, prepballfan said:

On 9/18/2021 at 11:00 PM, CougarCal said:

I don’t get on much anymore. You know my Mind set!! I’ll say this. And I have said it before. Bost was super duper underrated. He was on an average team but made it good. And he had ice water in his veins. He was able to win big games, which would be Nederland. And was a great athlete. Shug was Shug. He was a generational type. And he took us to the 3rd round. If I was to rank a top 5. It would be Shug, Long, Ethridge… all tied at one…. Then Robertson, Doty, Bost, and Musser. I am a hardware type guy, just my opinion. I think Adam is a great kid and close to the top 5 mark. And I’m glad to see all them get an education. Bost is very gifted athletic wise, and much underrated. I think taking a snap for an SEC team proves that! BF has a great scheme and when he has the right pieces it’s very productive. I’m not sure if he has a playoff win without Shug and Doty, so I understand your statement @CougarCal but it is impressive to have 3 taking some sort of snap on the same Saturday. 

On 9/18/2021 at 11:21 PM, prepballfan said:

What years am I missing on 2nd round? Doty and Shug. Who else? Good job on numbers. That takes some data fetching for sure.

9 hours ago, Eagle91 said:

Our defenses weren’t that good prior to Faircloth. We had some solid years (1999, 2003, 2004, 2007) were decent. And we kept teams scores’ generally low even in games we lost. But prior to the 2010s, most teams had an extremely run-heavy offense, which was often easier to contain, or at least to limit the scoreboard from lighting up. I don’t think pre-2010s PNG offenses would have contained modern offenses any better than Faircloth’s defenses have. But it’s true PNG did not respond to modern offenses in any way I would call “consistent.” 

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Our defenses weren’t that good prior to Faircloth. We had some solid years (1999, 2003, 2004, 2007) were decent. And we kept teams scores’ generally low even in games we lost. But prior to the 2010s, most teams had an extremely run-heavy offense, which was often easier to contain, or at least to limit the scoreboard from lighting up. I don’t think pre-2010s PNG offenses would have contained modern offenses any better than Faircloth’s defenses have. But it’s true PNG did not respond to modern offenses in any way I would call “consistent.” 

89 and 96 by far the best defenses I have seen followed by 99.

3 hours ago, Stattrax said:

89 and 96 by far the best defenses I have seen followed by 99.

Wasn’t 89 we lost to A&M Consolidated in the dome?  96 was a lost to Jacksonville?  99 I didn’t we didn’t have huge stars  but great players in the secondary and at lbs and led by one of the best safety to come out of png in  Gohlke.  That hit he put on the lamarque player still won them that game