GABBY PETITO MISSING - BOYFRIEND REFUSES TO COOPERATE

thetragichippy

14 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

The latest statement from North Port Police......After speaking with family the dude has been missing since Tuesday.  North Port specifically stated that he is just a person of interest and not wanted for a crime. They also state they are not currently working a crime investigation, but a multiple missing person investigation.

North Park Police department via twitter is updating pretty often. 

That is just routine police statements. What we used to call a suspect is now called a person of interest after the Olympic bombing and Richard Jewell.

It is absolutely not a criminal investigation. How can it be? We have no body, no blood or anything else. Right now it’s just a missing person but the police are handling it as if it’s a homicide. 

On 9/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, thetragichippy said:

I'm surprised no one has posted this. The popular view is the boyfriend murdered her.....

What is the fascination about this all about? It looks tragic and all, but aren't there dozens if not hundreds of other "missing person, possible homicide" type cases year in and year out across the USA that get little or no coverage at all? Why is this particular case worthy of 24/7 news obsession for maybe weeks on end? Is gabby some kind of rock star or celebrity athlete or something, that makes her infinitely more important than all the other missing people?   

8 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

What is the fascination about this all about? It looks tragic and all, but aren't there dozens if not hundreds of other "missing person, possible homicide" type cases year in and year out across the USA that get little or no coverage at all? Why is this particular case worthy of 24/7 news obsession for maybe weeks on end? Is gabby some kind of rock star or celebrity athlete or something, that makes her infinitely more important than all the other missing people?   

I think the media has to have something to distract from the political arena. It’s a story that’s a good seller.

This mess reminds me of the JonBenet Ramsey case. People were glued to their TV's 24/7 for weeks on end, almost in a trance, waiting breathlessly for any miniscule bit of news to break. Morbid fascination, really. Meanwhile dozens if not hundreds of kids of different ages also went missing and no media even notices.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

No, there are not dozens or hundreds of such cases a year. There are hundreds of missing people but not when a boyfriend shows up and doesn’t report the person missing for several days, then refuses to talk with the police, etc. In probably 99% of cases the missing person later shows up at home or is later found dead of a suicide or natural causes. This is not a typical case.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

His body next? 

…. or is he on the run?

I don’t have a great record, but I would not be surprised his body……

I guess why I gave the dude the benefit of the doubt was his demeanor during the traffic stop, and that NO ONE has came forward with any negative story about the dude. He was nice in school, always upbeat and polite….usually the skeletons come out in something like this….. dude must of snapped 

2 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I don’t have a great record, but I would not be surprised his body……

I guess why I gave the dude the benefit of the doubt was his demeanor during the traffic stop, and that NO ONE has came forward with any negative story about the dude. He was nice in school, always upbeat and polite….usually the skeletons come out in something like this….. dude must of snapped 

He might have snapped but I bet it was a well thought out snap. I mean it could’ve been a moment of rage but I think what he did was premeditated.

22 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

No, there are not dozens or hundreds of such cases a year. There are hundreds of missing people but not when a boyfriend shows up and doesn’t report the person missing for several days, then refuses to talk with the police, etc. In probably 99% of cases the missing person later shows up at home or is later found dead of a suicide or natural causes. This is not a typical case.

In 2020 alone, there were over 20,000 murders in the USA. If you are correct, and 99% are explained, and just 1% is not typical, that is 200 cases. 

If this is one of those 200, then, where is all the media coverage and public fascination on the other 199? 

5 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

In 2020 alone, there were over 20,000 murders in the USA. If you are correct, and 99% are explained, and just 1% is not typical, that is 200 cases. 

If this is one of those 200, then, where is all the media coverage and public fascination on the other 199? 

I think you’re stretching  that rubber band beyond the breaking point.

How many of those 20,000 murders involved somebody not being reported missing by their closest friend/relative for more than a week? In fact this was not a murder case probably until yesterday. It was a missing person case.

This is not a routine case. There are not dozens or hundreds of them like this every year. If you don’t want to read it, don’t read it. The notion that this is common is ludicrous however.

18 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Conversations go both ways, why start a discussion and when someone challenges your idea, you pick up your toys and leave the playground? 

When it’s all you have left…

There is definitely an obsession with this case. The obsession why someone would worry about what someone else is reading or why they are interested. 

17 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Conversations go both ways, why start a discussion and when someone challenges your idea, you pick up your toys and leave the playground? 

I was happy to continue but its not a conversation anymore. Even though I used official murder stats I am not getting any answers, just attempts to evade what I am asking. You have provided absolutely nothing, and 184 ignores those official murder stats I posted and seems to not want to admit there are numerous cases like this that get no attention at all from the media or public. Do you really think the media gives equal attention to all?  

BTW there is a whole industry focused on cold cases, unsolved murders, missing persons, etc. Dateline airs every day on my TV with story after story after story. Extremely easy to see cases like this abound if you look

AIso BTW,  got plenty "left" but that's all for me. I am not "picking up toys" at all, its just that 184 to wants me out of this thread. Be accurate!   

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I was happy to continue but its not a conversation anymore. Even though I used official murder stats I am not getting any answers, just attempts to evade what I am asking. You have provided absolutely nothing, and 184 ignores those official murder stats I posted and seems to not want to admit there are numerous cases like this that get no attention at all from the media or public. Do you really think the media gives equal attention to all?  

BTW there is a whole industry focused on cold cases, unsolved murders, missing persons, etc. Dateline airs every day on my TV with story after story after story. Extremely easy to see cases like this abound if you look

AIso BTW,  got plenty "left" but that's all for me. I am not "picking up toys" at all, its just that 184 to wants me out of this thread. Be accurate!   

You change the narrative. He stated that there are dozens or hundreds A missing persons that were possible homicide. Then you start throwing in total homicide statistic which is totally meaningless from missing persons. I don’t know if there any statistics to show it but probably 98 or 99% of people murdered or found almost immediately. Probably less than 1% of missing people turn up dead. I would call that rare. Maybe you don’t.

Even the ones that turn up dead don’t usually come from a boyfriend and girlfriend traveling across several states and then not reporting the person missing for several days.

I’m not sure why but it apparently it bothers you that other people like reading about cases like this and there certainly are not hundreds a year.

My interest is only answering legal questions and likelihoods. 

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

You change the narrative. He stated that there are dozens or hundreds A missing persons that were possible homicide. Then you start throwing in total homicide statistic which is totally meaningless from missing persons. I don’t know if there any statistics to show it but probably 98 or 99% of people murdered or found almost immediately. Probably less than 1% of missing people turn up dead. I would call that rare. Maybe you don’t.

Even the ones that turn up dead don’t usually come from a boyfriend and girlfriend traveling across several states and then not reporting the person missing for several days.

I’m not sure why but it apparently it bothers you that other people like reading about cases like this and there certainly are not hundreds a year.

My interest is only answering legal questions and likelihoods. 

I think this has something to do with popularity as well. Several states have some interest due to them traveling......

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Looks like my “pushed her off a cliff” might come into play here. 

It sure may......

There is so many false reports and rumors it is hard to know what is real or fantasy.....BUT, I read they credit a car passing by the van as to location she was found....and possibly video of a man walking

8 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

It sure may......

There is so many false reports and rumors it is hard to know what is real or fantasy.....BUT, I read they credit a car passing by the van as to location she was found....and possibly video of a man walking

Buzzards could have led them to the body. Terrible thought, I know, but it is one way to find bodies.