GABBY PETITO MISSING - BOYFRIEND REFUSES TO COOPERATE

thetragichippy

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Exactly 😂  he's gonna milk this publicity stunt to the end. 

Of course it is the media so you have to take it with a grain of salt but I saw a story that came out yesterday. It said Chapman and “his team” which included dogs, searched some islands that a tip said where Laundrie was supposed to be. Chapman’s  conclusion was, there’s no evidence that Laundrie had even been there. I think I saw where he made a comment that he was getting hundreds or maybe even thousands of tips. 

That means a lot of people and money was wasted on a “tip” that concluded that it had no factual basis. 

Maybe I will call in a tip that he is hiding in Kokomo in the Keys. Maybe his team can search for a few days before they find out that Kokomo is a fictional location.

I will say this, it is easier for the average guy on the street to get a tip and not the police. It does not make you an investigator, some people just don’t want to talk with the police out of fear.  Many times when we are investigating something, a witness does not really come forward. Other people however come forward and say hey, that girl with the red blouse standing by herself on the corner witnessed the whole thing. The police then go talk with that girl and sometime it is productive and sometime it is not but the point is, the person that actually knew what happened did not come forward. Word gets out on the street however and those people give tips to the police.

A person like Chatman might get a tip direct because people might talk to him or anyone else because they are in fear of talking to the police and being made a witness. That is actually why crime stoppers was created. So there is a chance that Chatman could actually get a tip that would lead to something. By the same reason, a person could walk up to any of us and whisper something like, hey,  the guy the police are looking for is buying a six pack of beer at the store across the street. If one of us was to go in and catch the guy, that does not make us a good tracker. It means somebody gave us a good tip.

Chatman is hoping that someone gives him a tip and does not give law-enforcement the same tip.

4 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

…. and if Chatman manages to get Laundrie (if he’s been out in the woods for several days, can we call him dirty Laundrie), great. The great mystery can end.

I was hoping he was out in the woods/swamp until that Florida Cowboy the media interviewed actually made sense when talking about the amount of time being in there with all the critters and gators. 

6 minutes ago, baddog said:

I guess people will continue to make fun of this guy because he is doing as pitiful a job as the police. If he finds him, will it then be a publicity stunt? Police use dogs too, our one would hope. 

Yes, it is a publicity stunt whether he finds the  guy or not. Maybe he will get lucky but Chapman has no special investigative skills.

I can guarantee that law-enforcement is pinging every family cell phone, every known credit/debit card, etc. Unless he is living completely off the grid, which is entirely possible, they are going to have more information than Chapman.

If he is truly living off the land or getting help from someone but without using any kind of electronic device or card, then he could be anywhere or dead.

The fact that Chapman was on scene for a few days and after getting a lot of camera attention, is now looking for a new reality show should be what law-enforcement calls, a clue.

I hope Chatman finds the  guy and we can get on with the next, missing white girl syndrome.

12 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

Yes, it is a publicity stunt whether he finds the  guy or not. Maybe he will get lucky but Chapman has no special investigative skills.

I can guarantee that law-enforcement is pinging every family cell phone, every known credit/debit card, etc. Unless he is living completely off the grid, which is entirely possible, they are going to have more information than Chapman.

If he is truly living off the land or getting help from someone but without using any kind of electronic device or card, then he could be anywhere or dead.

The fact that Chapman was on scene for a few days and after getting a lot of camera attention, is now looking for a new reality show should be what law-enforcement calls, a clue.

I hope Chatman finds the  guy and we can get on with the next, missing white girl syndrome.

Thank you. Don’t police receive hundreds, if not thousands of tips/leads also?

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Of course it is the media so you have to take it with a grain of salt but I saw a story that came out yesterday. It said Chapman and “his team” which included dogs, searched some islands that a tip said where Laundrie was supposed to be. Chapman’s  conclusion was, there’s no evidence that Laundrie had even been there. I think I saw where he made a comment that he was getting hundreds or maybe even thousands of tips. 

That means a lot of people and money was wasted on a “tip” that concluded that it had no factual basis. 

Maybe I will call in a tip that he is hiding in Kokomo in the Keys. Maybe his team can search for a few days before they find out that Kokomo is a fictional location.

I will say this, it is easier for the average guy on the street to get a tip and not the police. It does not make you an investigator, some people just don’t want to talk with the police out of fear.  Many times when we are investigating something, a witness does not really come forward. Other people however come forward and say hey, that girl with the red blouse standing by herself on the corner witnessed the whole thing. The police then go talk with that girl and sometime it is productive and sometime it is not but the point is, the person that actually knew what happened did not come forward. Word gets out on the street however and those people give tips to the police.

A person like Chatman might get a tip direct because people might talk to him or anyone else because they are in fear of talking to the police and being made a witness. That is actually why crime stoppers was created. So there is a chance that Chatman could actually get a tip that would lead to something. By the same reason, a person could walk up to any of us and whisper something like, hey,  the guy the police are looking for is buying a six pack of beer at the store across the street. If one of us was to go in and catch the guy, that does not make us a good tracker. It means somebody gave us a good tip.

Chatman is hoping that someone gives him a tip and does not give law-enforcement the same tip.

Actually there is a Kokomo, Indiana.  😊

1 hour ago, baddog said:

Thank you. Don’t police receive hundreds, if not thousands of tips/leads also?

At times, yes, in big cases like this. But 99.99% of the time they are false even if not intentionally so. 

After going to approximately 40,000 crime scenes and speaking with and sometimes interviewing over 100,000 witnesses, I can assure you that there are people that do not want to be seen or known talking to the police. Some will even talk if you can get them alone but they will not voluntarily come in to see you. I was the supervisor on scene of a murder few years ago (a very large crowd had gathered) and I saw a woman off to the side by herself. She made eye contact with me and then with her hand by her side made like a “come here” motion with her index finger. She walked away as if she was leaving the area so I waited and then finally went to where she was hiding. She said I’m not giving you my name and I said I understand. She then said the person you’re looking for is blah blah blah……

That is just a nature of the job. Some people will give you very good information if they think they don’t have to come forward and testify. The woman that  talked  to me even told me she knew recognized me which is why she was talking to me. She made a comment something like, I know you know the game. She was afraid of the younger officers trying to find a reason to put her in jail to get her name and also terrified of people seeing her talk to the police.

So, it does not matter how many tips you get. What matters is that one correct tip.

Maybe 15-20 years ago there were some big national search but before the days of instant social media like we have now. I can’t even remember what the guy’s name was or the actual case but he had committed a murder in Florida I think and was on the run. There was information that he might be heading to Mexico and blah blah blah. It was actually even more minute by minute stuff than this case.

I had a friend who I trusted called me and said I swear I just saw that guy they’re looking for at a restaurant in Port Arthur. My friend said when I looked at him in the face he turned away and a couple of minutes later he and a girl got up and left.

He followed them kind of discreetly outside and saw them leave I think in a white pickup truck and he got a partial license plate but what was interesting was it was from Alabama or Florida or something like that.

My reaction was kind of, yeah yeah yeah…

But, one of those tips from across the nation is going to be good, we just don’t know which one. So I called the lead investigator, I think for Tampa Bay Police Department but it’s been too long ago. It was a female Sgt and she I had a good time talking with with each other. She asked me if I believe the tip was true. I told her my friend absolutely thought it was true but being that I was about a 15 year (at the time) officer with detective and supervisor experience… uhhhhhh…… do I think he is in PA right now? 

She got a big laugh out of that also.

Yes, on local cases but particularly a national cases like this, you get all kinds of tips. Actually to me this guy Laundrie has a fairly common face when he has about a three or four day beard going. I wouldn’t be surprised if 20,000 people think they saw him and would get on a polygraph to prove it.

But with all that, I would bet there are people talking to Chapman  that will not call the FBI. 

44 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

At times, yes, in big cases like this. But 99.99% of the time they are false even if not intentionally so. 

After going to approximately 40,000 crime scenes and speaking with and sometimes interviewing over 100,000 witnesses, I can assure you that there are people that do not want to be seen or known talking to the police. Some will even talk if you can get them alone but they will not voluntarily come in to see you. I was the supervisor on scene of a murder few years ago (a very large crowd had gathered) and I saw a woman off to the side by herself. She made eye contact with me and then with her hand by her side made like a “come here” motion with her index finger. She walked away as if she was leaving the area so I waited and then finally went to where she was hiding. She said I’m not giving you my name and I said I understand. She then said the person you’re looking for is blah blah blah……

That is just a nature of the job. Some people will give you very good information if they think they don’t have to come forward and testify. The woman that  talked  to me even told me she knew recognized me which is why she was talking to me. She made a comment something like, I know you know the game. She was afraid of the younger officers trying to find a reason to put her in jail to get her name and also terrified of people seeing her talk to the police.

So, it does not matter how many tips you get. What matters is that one correct tip.

Maybe 15-20 years ago there were some big national search but before the days of instant social media like we have now. I can’t even remember what the guy’s name was or the actual case but he had committed a murder in Florida I think and was on the run. There was information that he might be heading to Mexico and blah blah blah. It was actually even more minute by minute stuff than this case.

I had a friend who I trusted called me and said I swear I just saw that guy they’re looking for at a restaurant in Port Arthur. My friend said when I looked at him in the face he turned away and a couple of minutes later he and a girl got up and left.

He followed them kind of discreetly outside and saw them leave I think in a white pickup truck and he got a partial license plate but what was interesting was it was from Alabama or Florida or something like that.

My reaction was kind of, yeah yeah yeah…

But, one of those tips from across the nation is going to be good, we just don’t know which one. So I called the lead investigator, I think for Tampa Bay Police Department but it’s been too long ago. It was a female Sgt and she I had a good time talking with with each other. She asked me if I believe the tip was true. I told her my friend absolutely thought it was true but being that I was about a 15 year (at the time) officer with detective and supervisor experience… uhhhhhh…… do I think he is in PA right now? 

She got a big laugh out of that also.

Yes, on local cases but particularly a national cases like this, you get all kinds of tips. Actually to me this guy Laundrie has a fairly common face when he has about a three or four day beard going. I wouldn’t be surprised if 20,000 people think they saw him and would get on a polygraph to prove it.

But with all that, I would bet there are people talking to Chapman  that will not call the FBI. 

Thanks again. Very interesting. So for me, whether or not Chapman is pulling a publicity stunt, he has the tools and, according to you, a possible advantage with info. I couldn’t care less how much he puts himself out there to help his own cause as long as he can possibly help capture this guy. I’m not a Chapman fan, but he IS out there doing what he does. 

11 minutes ago, baddog said:

Thanks again. Very interesting. So for me, whether or not Chapman is pulling a publicity stunt, he has the tools and, according to you, a possible advantage with info. I couldn’t care less how much he puts himself out there to help his own cause as long as he can possibly help capture this guy. I’m not a Chapman fan, but he IS out there doing what he does. 

Yes he will get more tips. Ponder this thought…….

Chapman says he is getting all of these tips, which is probably true although maybe exaggerated. 😀

Would the people giving him tips, be calling the FBI also?

I could be wrong but I don’t think so. I don’t see most people saying, “ I think I just saw the guy by a campground, I’m going to call the FBI!!! Oh yeah, and Dog!!”. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

Looks like Dog lost his next series deal.

FIFY 

He'll still get one somehow someway, these networks reboot everything these days instead of leaving well enough alone. 

1 hour ago, thetragichippy said:

Someone said where they found him was underwater until recently, curious to see when he died and cause of death

I find it interesting the parents picked that particular spot they wanted to search. I believe they knew his whereabouts all along. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

BL DEAD!

This is the hidden content, please

Thank God, now I hope hundreds of millions of people around the globe will be able to sleep some now, and can get back to their own lives. They will all be better for it.   

….. and you can save some time in your life by not having to  check this forum to see if you’re obligated to respond to what interests other people. 😂

I’m glad you have your life back. 

18 hours ago, tvc184 said:

….. and you can save some time in your life by not having to  check this forum to see if you’re obligated to respond to what interests other people. 😂

I’m glad you have your life back. 

Sorry I thought this was an "open" subject in an "open" forum. 

Unless my view happens to differ from yours, of course! Then I get run out. 

BTW I have not posted here since 9-28, that's 3.5 weeks ago, so no, I don't in any way need my life "back". I never lost mine. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Sorry I thought this was an "open" subject in an "open" forum. 

Unless my view happens to differ from yours, of course! Then I get run out. 

BTW I have not posted here since 9-28, that's 3.5 weeks ago, so no, I don't in any way need my life "back". I never lost mine. 

Get run out? You are being very dramatic.  I have been on this forum for years and no one has ever been "run out"........unless they could not follow the VERY simple rules of this forum. 

3 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Get run out? You are being very dramatic.  I have been on this forum for years and no one has ever been "run out"........unless they could not follow the VERY simple rules of this forum. 

Are you implying I didn't follow the rules? Thats totally wrong and very dramatic to say that.