SILSBEE 30 TEXARKANA PLEASANT GROVE 20/FINAL

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m at a parade this morning and will post some stats for the game and season after.

As far as PG containing Miller, Silsbee actually didn’t target him much. Didn’t really need to when you’ve got a running back with almost 300 yards. PG had no answer for Dodd last night.

Yep.  Kept that safety rolled over to his side to cut off the slant/post.  But by doing that opened up the right side for Dodd/Martin all night.

41 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

I’m at a parade this morning and will post some stats for the game and season after.

As far as PG containing Miller, Silsbee actually didn’t target him much. Didn’t really need to when you’ve got a running back with almost 300 yards. PG had no answer for Dodd last night.

From what saw he had a couple of passes but there were two defenders on him. He couldn’t get open as much. Brisbane was 5/10. So the ball was thrown some. True Dodd had over 200 yards rushing. But only one TD. It was a TEAM ball game. 

31 minutes ago, KB24 said:

From what saw he had a couple of passes but there were two defenders on him. He couldn’t get open as much. Brisbane was 5/10. So the ball was thrown some. True Dodd had over 200 yards rushing. But only one TD. It was a TEAM ball game. 

I completely agree, definitely a team effort. Miller still had like 44 yards though. 

Two things for the year that jump out at me in Silsbee’ favor:

They have won the turnover battle each game. That young secondary has created a lot of interceptions.

Through 3 games Brisbane only has 1 interception. That one came last night on what looked like a miscommunication between him and the receiver.

Silsbee is gonna be alright. I think it’s funny how since Coach Smith has arrived it’s gone like this every year. Silsbee schedules tough non district opponents and drops a couple games. Fans freak out. Then they put together a pretty good playoff run almost every year… Amnesia??

8 minutes ago, Bansheefan said:

Yall setx folks get to easily offended when  someone don't praise yalls area teams

Thing is, Silsbee lost by 3 to 4A-1 undefeated Vidor, and 5A-2 undefeated Nederland had to make a miracle comeback to snatch victory from them.  Maybe PG isn’t so bad, just run into a better team.