I just watched what could easily be a 6A Div 1 Final.....

Austin1985

Remember, Westfield lost 56-0 to Duncanville in the D1 playoffs and Duncanville is even better this year. Westfield didn’t win their district last year and Spring looks very capable of knocking them off again this year. On average they probably have the second best defense in the Houston area behind Katy but their offense has failed them for 20+ years under the Meekins brothers and this year isn’t even one of their potent ones. 

As far as North Shore I’ll point out again that the last time they faced Atascocita with a first year starter they got beaten soundly 38-21 Davis’ freshman year. ‘Cita is about to go up there and beat Denton Guyer this week too. Coach Kay always gets it worked out, they started 0-3 in 2015 and then ran off 13 straight, but North Shore may not even be a top 5 team in Houston right now. 

1 minute ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Remember, Westfield lost 56-0 to Duncanville in the D1 playoffs and Duncanville is even better this year. Westfield didn’t win their district last year and Spring looks very capable of knocking them off again this year. On average they probably have the second best defense in the Houston area behind Katy but their offense has failed them for 20+ years under the Meekins brothers and this year isn’t even one of their potent ones. 

As far as North Shore I’ll point out again that the last time they faced Atascocita with a first year starter they got beaten soundly 38-21 Davis’ freshman year. ‘Cita is about to go up there and beat Denton Guyer this week too. Coach Kay always gets it worked out, they started 0-3 in 2015 and then ran off 13 straight but North Shore may not even be a top 5 team in Houston right now. 

I ran outta likes. 

Them boys off of "Ella Mean" got something to say!!!! 😂 but Westfield has always had hittas out of north Houston,

I remember when Brook fielded those talented teams under stump from 05-08 with the likes of C.Mike, Albert Williams, Billy Chavis, Jordan Garrett, Ryan Grant, etc. Easily one of the most talented teams in the State of Texas with numerous D1 players and NFL players (4 ended up making it to the NFL if im not mistaken, C.Mike, Ryan Grant, Marcus Malbrough, Taylor Reed) How many Highschool can even say that in their entire school history and Brook had 4 on the same team and yet they couldnt do nothing with thoes Westfield teams who probably had just as much if not more talent. I think the closes Brook got was 07 and they still lost by two scores.

I never understood why some of those Westfield couldn't win it all,

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

As far as North Shore I’ll point out again that the last time they faced Atascocita with a first year starter they got beaten soundly 38-21 Davis’ freshman year. ‘Cita is about to go up there and beat Denton Guyer this week too. Coach Kay always gets it worked out, they started 0-3 in 2015 and then ran off 13 straight but North Shore may not even be a top 5 team in Houston right now. 

Idk, that Guyer team is good, and the Guyer Defense is salty. Not saying Atascocita wont do it, but the way they handled Denton Ryan with all thoes top 300 players was definitely an eye catcher. I know its going to be a slug fest regardless 

8 hours ago, D3zii said:

Idk, that Guyer team is good, and the Guyer Defense is salty. Not saying Atascocita wont do it, but the way they handled Denton Ryan with all thoes top 300 players was definitely an eye catcher. I know its going to be a slug fest regardless 

The Guyer defense is good but the Ryan team they beat isn’t on par with the one from last year. QB from last year is starting at Memphis as a true freshman, JT Sanders is at Texas and Billy Bowman is at Oklahoma now. To your point, they’re still a very talented team though. 

I don’t think people really realize how good Atascocita has been lately. Last year was the first time since 2013 they’ve lost more than 2 games in a season. They’ve won 10+ games six of the last eight years and have been to at least the third round every year since ‘15. Pretty impressive resume considering who they’ve played. They’re going to keep getting better and better too because it doesn’t look like Humble ISD is going to build a school anytime soon to relieve the crowding from them and Summer Creek. 

13 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The Guyer defense is good but the Ryan team they beat isn’t on par with the one from last year. QB from last year is starting at Memphis as a true freshman, JT Sanders is at Texas and Billy Bowman is at Oklahoma now. To your point, they’re still a very talented team though. 

I don’t think people really realize how good Atascocita has been lately. Last year was the first time since 2013 they’ve lost more than 2 games in a season. They’ve won 10+ games six of the last eight years and have been to at least the third round every year since ‘15. Pretty impressive resume considering who they’ve played. They’re going to keep getting better and better too because it doesn’t look like Humble ISD is going to build a school anytime soon to relieve the crowding from them and Summer Creek. 

Yea it’s going to be a big boom, in the next couple of years going towards Conroe, and Cleveland. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 12:53 AM, D3zii said:

Them boys off of "Ella Mean" got something to say!!!! 😂 but Westfield has always had hittas out of north Houston,

I remember when Brook fielded those talented teams under stump from 05-08 with the likes of C.Mike, Albert Williams, Billy Chavis, Jordan Garrett, Ryan Grant, etc. Easily one of the most talented teams in the State of Texas with numerous D1 players and NFL players (4 ended up making it to the NFL if im not mistaken, C.Mike, Ryan Grant, Marcus Malbrough, Taylor Reed) How many Highschool can even say that in their entire school history and Brook had 4 on the same team and yet they couldnt do nothing with thoes Westfield teams who probably had just as much if not more talent. I think the closes Brook got was 07 and they still lost by two scores.

I never understood why some of those Westfield couldn't win it all,

Interesting fact: almost every team Stump's bruins lost to in the playoffs went on to state. Cy-Falls, Katy and Pearland to name a few.