Hull-Daisetta vs West Hardin

JohnRuthDomergue

West Hardin actually looks improved from last year, they can throw the ball, the QB is a good player, starting RB is a big back, tough and athletic, they like to spread you out. #8 and #24 for WH are players! HD's defensive coordinator will hardly ever call a blitz, when teams spread HD out, he likes to match up... When a team spreads you out with 4 wides, there is nobody to protect the QB,  bring the heat. HD has a huge o-line, they need lots of sledge work. If HD plays like the last 2 ball games, WH wins by 12. WH's #8 is an athlete, #24 is a bull, HD may have their hands full. HD will have to pressure this QB, he can throw. HD's CB Jeremiah Loften would be a good match up for WH WR #8. We will see if HD can bounce back. 

West Hardin is in no way an “improved” team over last year by alot and I’m not even trying to be ugly by saying that! They are exactly what they are and that’s a team that’s down trying to build back up . I’m just going to be honest last years team (the 15 kids they had) would give this years team a fit! They do throw the ball a little more but a team with good db’s will have a field day when they do. With that being said They do have a couple play makers like normal but the team as a whole is still really young and inexperienced, also from what I’ve herd is #24 is out with a broke collar bone and that will hurt their run game if that’s true. If HD plays bad like y’all said they have been then it might be a tight game but if HD even shows up and trys then they will run away with it! HD wins either way by a little or by a lot which ever is up to them

9 hours ago, SETX32 said:

West Hardin is in no way an “improved” team over last year by alot and I’m not even trying to be ugly by saying that! They are exactly what they are and that’s a team that’s down trying to build back up . I’m just going to be honest last years team (the 15 kids they had) would give this years team a fit! They do throw the ball a little more but a team with good db’s will have a field day when they do. With that being said They do have a couple play makers like normal but the team as a whole is still really young and inexperienced, also from what I’ve herd is #24 is out with a broke collar bone and that will hurt their run game if that’s true. If HD plays bad like y’all said they have been then it might be a tight game but if HD even shows up and trys then they will run away with it! HD wins either way by a little or by a lot which ever is up to them

QB Sellers will return next week vs Houston Kipp, he has been injured all year. Sellers can throw and run, good dual threat. The most alarming thing about the HD team and staff this year, is definitely the effort/details not being there it seems. I have yet to see any coaches on the sideline, proactively going over to a player or players, and coaching them during a game, it's non existent, is it just me or do most coaches get involved with correcting a bad technique or just talk with players, mine did when I played, I got grabbed by the face mask a few times by a coach and talked with. The players and coaches just have not been fired up, very little emotion shown. Also, the little things every week, o-line not firing out together and fumbles all the time... I think HD when healthy, will be in contention for the District title, but man does it look and feel different right now, maybe a win vs your 100 year rival helps the culture, winning cures everything. Yes, HD has played 3A teams, yes lots of injuries and sick kids, out scored like 74 to 6 in last two games, offense averaging 3 points a game... I look for TE Drake and WR Anders to be big targets for QB Sellers in the passing game, when he returns vs Kipp, with Dawson Victorian and Jerimiah Loften featured in the backfield, HD will be a good balanced team. HD probably would be most potent with running Anders and Drake both at TE together (double tight). 

The decision to ever start the current backup QB, says a ton about our coaches... It's like we are playing 10 vs 11 on the field, no brainer to put one of your top athletes at QB until Sellers returns, heck there is literally Anders, Dawson, Tyler Thib, Isaac Garcia or Drake that would be decent at temp QB. Is there issues with the remaining staff and Birdwell, fans are not seeing any interactions on the sidelines?... 

1 hour ago, JohnRuthDomergue said:

QB Sellers will return next week vs Houston Kipp, he has been injured all year. Sellers can throw and run, good dual threat. The most alarming thing about the HD team and staff this year, is definitely the effort/details not being there it seems. I have yet to see any coaches on the sideline, proactively going over to a player or players, and coaching them during a game, it's non existent, is it just me or do most coaches get involved with correcting a bad technique or just talk with players, mine did when I played, I got grabbed by the face mask a few times by a coach and talked with. The players and coaches just have not been fired up, very little emotion shown. Also, the little things every week, o-line not firing out together and fumbles all the time... I think HD when healthy, will be in contention for the District title, but man does it look and feel different right now, maybe a win vs your 100 year rival helps the culture, winning cures everything. Yes, HD has played 3A teams, yes lots of injuries and sick kids, out scored like 74 to 6 in last two games, offense averaging 3 points a game... I look for TE Drake and WR Anders to be big targets for QB Sellers in the passing game, when he returns vs Kipp, with Dawson Victorian and Jerimiah Loften featured in the backfield, HD will be a good balanced team. HD probably would be most potent with running Anders and Drake both at TE together (double tight). 

If the players are as much of "know-it-alls" as the posters/fans on this site.. or as sensitive.. then that would probably cause a mass exodus.  Perhaps the coaches know that.