CANCELED - Fort Bend Christian Academy vs Vidor 9/17/2021 - CANCELED

NoNeckNic479

10 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I got banned from Twitter for saying GFY too much to the wrong people. They didn’t understand that my acronym meant Good For You... Oh well their loss, all you guys love me here more.

I’m here for ya B.B. Β  Try this - πŸ‚πŸ’©. Β  πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Angleton's coach said they have not been able to find another opponent to replace Houston Wisdom who forfeitedΒ  and they will start preparing for next week. I'm surprised he would even want to as the city was hit hard by NIcholas. The center of the storm passed less than 15 miles to the west. They have not had school this week but hope to reopen on Friday. Nearly the whole city lost power.Β  In an earlier game, another HISD school forfeited, Kashmere and he found another team to play, Alief Taylor. Ironically, the team that Kashmere played that week instead of Angleton wasΒ  Wisdom. Last week Wisdom forfeited to Manvel. According to Maxpreps ratings, Manvel would have been a 99 point favorite. I'm hoping Wisdom will be a D2 problem next year. Wisdom used to be R.E. Lee high school before they changed it a few years ago. From 2003 to 2012 they did not have varsity football because of lack of interest. They have homecoming at a soccer match, I'm told.Β Β 

They are threatening to sue Kevin Steel unless he takes the post down…

Β 

Β 

VIDOR & FANS PLANNING A SERVICE TO SHOW A REPUDIATION OF RACISM | Following the break-down of talks with a Sugarland - area high school football team to hold a game in Vidor on Friday, leaders hope to convey the community has shed any vestiges of being a racist city. The service could be held at the stadium at the same time that a game ordinarily would have been played.Β 

It stems from an impasse in talks with Fort Bend Christian Academy to play a game in Vidor. Vidor sources insist they were told "under no circumstances would the FBCA team be coming to Vidor." Key and reliable sources tell 1813 that they were specifically told FBCA would not consider such a request because of the perception of Vidor's past as a racist community.Β 

FBCA denies that claim and says our story last night was inaccurate. FBCA Director of Communications Renie Deanda tells 1813 the team would not come to Vidor, "due to the amount of travel time necessary to get" to Vidor on Friday. FBCA has been battling the effects of Tropical Storm Nicholas this week. When asked if Vidor officials were ever told that under no circumstances would the team come because of Vidor's past Deanda told us, "No, that was never said. We happily would have played here." She said FBCA had to do "what was best for our students" with regard to travel time. In a statement to the FBCA Facebook page this morning the school said the impasse in not playing Vidor came from Vidor's side. The statement read, "Before agreeing to play Fulshear High School, we offered to play Vidor High School at FBCA, but they declined due to having already sold tickets for a home game." Deanda threatened that the school's legal team is reviewing our story last night. Several people with apparent ties to FBCA have also threatened 1813, with one man even vowing to give $100,000 to FBCA to help sue if the story was not retracted within 24 hours. He later offered a running count of how many hours and minutes were left before that lawsuit would be filed.Β 

Meanwhile Vidor officials continue with their plans to use the "game time" productively. And the conversations continue on whether some kind of service is achievable. Developing...

Like I said, they decided to play a team closer for less travel. At the time FBCA agreed to play Vidor, Fulshear still had their original game in play. When Fulshear's opponent canceled, that opened up the opportunity for FBCA to get a closer game.

I understood it to be nothing but a travel issue for FBCA and nothing racial.

Statement from FBCA:

FBCA is aware of an inaccurate social media post concerning a football game versus Vidor High School. The social media post alleged that FBCA was β€œunwilling to play Vidor for the city’s past.” A full investigation has been conducted by school administration, and at no time were any statements of this nature made by Fort Bend Christian Academy personnel about Vidor’s history. Due to Tropical Storm Nicholas, our original Friday opponent, Van Vleck High School, had to cancel this week’s game. Immediately, our Head Football Coach was approached by a few schools to play in place of that cancelled game. After considering our options for a game this Friday, FBCA made the decision, in the best interest of our students and families, to play a local team that would allow us to not miss additional academic time in the classroom and not cause extensive travel to participate. Before agreeing to play Fulshear High School, we offered to play Vidor High School at FBCA, but they declined due to having already sold tickets for a home game.
We sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding or concern that this may have caused the Vidor High School community.

49 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Like I said, they decided to play a team closer for less travel. At the time FBCA agreed to play Vidor, Fulshear still had their original game in play. When Fulshear's opponent canceled, that opened up the opportunity for FBCA to get a closer game.

And now Vidor is planning to have a service to show a repudiation of racism instead of a football game. All this possibly over a misunderstanding and some exaggerated reporting... what a mess.

6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sorry, though their explanation is reasonable and justifiable, I feel the story is true. Do you not think that if the story was false,Β that coach Matthew's would not come out and say it's false and to drop it?Β 

8 hours ago, purple reign said:

Angleton's coach said they have not been able to find another opponent to replace Houston Wisdom who forfeitedΒ  and they will start preparing for next week. I'm surprised he would even want to as the city was hit hard by NIcholas. The center of the storm passed less than 15 miles to the west. They have not had school this week but hope to reopen on Friday. Nearly the whole city lost power.Β  In an earlier game, another HISD school forfeited, Kashmere and he found another team to play, Alief Taylor. Ironically, the team that Kashmere played that week instead of Angleton wasΒ  Wisdom. Last week Wisdom forfeited to Manvel. According to Maxpreps ratings, Manvel would have been a 99 point favorite. I'm hoping Wisdom will be a D2 problem next year. Wisdom used to be R.E. Lee high school before they changed it a few years ago. From 2003 to 2012 they did not have varsity football because of lack of interest. They have homecoming at a soccer match, I'm told.Β Β 

We played Wisdom the first game of the regular season and they called the game at halftime when we were up 41-0. I don't see them playing many, if anymore games this season.

7 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

That goes for you too. Β Stop with the personal stuff.

I respect your task at hand moderating this board. But certainly there is waaayyyy more personal stuff than our harmless banter. I’m personally not upset by his/herΒ comments. Like I said, I know you have a voluntary job to do, but I do feel that our little pokes and jabs are harmless. Neither were over the top. No disrespect, just giving some perspective. Plus, he/she started it. πŸ˜‡

• Bigdog locked this topic