Beware Texas City!

2 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Look out for the most under the radar team ever. They are coming.  

They will be 5-0 before they see Nederland on Oct. 8...

As much as you think they would be 5-0 I would highly doubt it. A journey down the max preps rabbit hole says otherwise. The opponents they have played are sub par to say the least.  They should handle Santa Fe, but kingwood in my opinion will be the start to a long season for them boys.  I'll eat crow if I'm wrong but I think I'm right on cue 

33 minutes ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Hey call it what you want boss. I'm a Crosby Cougar so I don't have a dog in that hunt, but that's just my opinion. I'll go on and let KWP know that Calprep said to lay down and surrender to the high and mighty T.C.S!

No need to overreact. I am not "boss" or anything, nor have I even remotely implied KWP should give up and lay down. Where on earth did you get that?     

You referenced MaxPreps, but you immediately ridicule me for referencing Calpreps? Wow. Are you just having a bad day or something?  

Texas City is definitely the Darkhorse of this district. They have a ton of tradition there with much success in football, but just none of late. Them shutting out 6A Clear Lake 30-0 got my attention.  I think they will be a tough out this year, but we shall see 

26 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Texas City is definitely the Darkhorse of this district. They have a ton of tradition there with much success in football, but just none of late. Them shutting out 6A Clear Lake 30-0 got my attention.  I think they will be a tough out this year, but we shall see 

Returning 9 defensive starters makes TC formidable!  

3 hours ago, #COUGAR08 said:

Hey call it what you want boss. I'm a Crosby Cougar so I don't have a dog in that hunt, but that's just my opinion. I'll go on and let KWP know that Calprep said to lay down and surrender to the high and mighty T.C.S!

Cal prep don’t start predicting until oct. 

3 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

No need to overreact. I am not "boss" or anything, nor have I even remotely implied KWP should give up and lay down. Where on earth did you get that?     

You referenced MaxPreps, but you immediately ridicule me for referencing Calpreps? Wow. Are you just having a bad day or something?  

Haha wonderful observation with max preps BOSS. 

and no, according to Dave Campbell Texas Football is a great day.  

That clear lake team may be 6A but the 2 wins they got were from opponents that are... not that good

They beat two teams with a combined record of 1-6. And a combined allowed 297 points (nearly 50 points a game) and only 133 points For, between the two in six games...

Clear lake may be in 6A but not a monster.

Santa fe should be a easy win but they should get a good test against KWP. If yall can get Dayton to switch with Nederland then MAYBE yall will start district 3-0.. big maybe

11 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Look out for the most under the radar team ever. They are coming.  

They will be 5-0 before they see Nederland on Oct. 8...

I tend to agree.  Last year they weren't far from being in the hunt.  If they returned players they definitely have a shot.  The only team I think is above the rest is Crosby.  That could even prove to be a stretch.  

If Texas City finishes any higher than 4th place that’s an indictment on our district. The defense is decent but they’re very one dimensional on offense and the rb they have now isn’t the game breaker McCall was. TC has some good athletes but they’re the type team that gets taken care of without much trouble in a good district. Great start for TC but those teams they’ve beaten aren’t very good, we’ll see what happens in district play. 

I attended the TC vs Clear Brook game and came away impressed with Bell at RB.Clear Brook rallied in the late 3rd and 4th quarters to actually take a lead.The left handed quarterback from Clear Brook started hitting his targets and the TC secondary couldn't shut him down.Alot of TC problems in this game could have been because of it being their 1st real game.Bell slowed as the game went on ( he's going to be in better Condition ),the pass rush couldn't get to McCallister,the kicking game was terrible.There's points to be made in the kicking game.All these could easily be solved.Kicking game maybe not so,same players as last year.TC's Duran can throw the ball so TC isn't one dimensional.Garcia on the counter out of the flanker position was a HUGE  weapon for TC.A team over aggressive will get burned on this play.Stay at Home ! I think TC is definately  in the running for a playoff berth this year.Injuries will determine their chances.