High Island @ Colmesneil

RETIREDFAN1

Homecoming for Colmesneil  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

• High Island Cardinals
    • Colmesneil Bulldogs

36 minutes ago, OverTheBack said:

Your Colmesneil sources are of course going to have this take, still haven't seen a definitive reason but I'm going with storm related just due to how the Sup. worded the Facebook post.

Believe whatever you want....if it were storm related, there would not be a forfeit involved.........

What a shame to know that these tiny schools in the area could drop individual games or even possibly entire seasons for...whatever reason.

I personally have always been a proponent of just shutting the doors to many of these schools..or at least cutting programs that can’t consistently compete.  I’m actually surprised the state hasn’t done some forced consolidations due to money.

I get it.. local schools provide work.. small town kids may get different experiences by getting to be more involved.. blah blah.

But.  Can’t field an 11 man team (guaranteed)?  Can’t afford 6 man travel?  Fine.  No football.  What a waste of someone’s schedule.

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

What a shame to know that these tiny schools in the area could drop individual games or even possibly entire seasons for...whatever reason.

I personally have always been a proponent of just shutting the doors to many of these schools..or at least cutting programs that can’t consistently compete.  I’m actually surprised the state hasn’t done some forced consolidations due to money.

I get it.. local schools provide work.. small town kids may get different experiences by getting to be more involved.. blah blah.

But.  Can’t field an 11 man team (guaranteed)?  Can’t afford 6 man travel?  Fine.  No football.  What a waste of someone’s schedule.

I think Colmesneil beating Deweyville had more to do with it than anything else.......lol

On 9/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, oldschool2 said:

Wrong at just shutting down small school.  They are usually the backbone of the community.  Some great kids have come out of small schools.

13 hours ago, rupert3 said:

Wrong at just shutting down small school.  They are usually the backbone of the community.  Some great kids have come out of small schools.

I'm not arguing that.  Perhaps you didn't read what you responded to thoroughly.  Backbone of the community?  Fine.. keep it.  Can't field an 11 man team? Can't afford 6 man travel?  Also fine.. but shut down the football program if that's the case.  Why screw other schools by having a hole in their schedule that they CAN'T fill?.. 

1 hour ago, oldschool2 said:

I'm not arguing that.  Perhaps you didn't read what you responded to thoroughly.  Backbone of the community?  Fine.. keep it.  Can't field an 11 man team? Can't afford 6 man travel?  Also fine.. but shut down the football program if that's the case.  Why screw other schools by having a hole in their schedule that they CAN'T fill?.. 

I agree with the fielding teams and not enough kids, however as far as shutting down small schools or consolidating schools should be very rare and not because they can't field a team. Just my opinion.