Question for Vidor folks

wbfan

4 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Unbelievable. It doesn’t replace the game, but the other team should be charged with a forfeit. What a horrible message that sends to kids and community in both towns… That’s shameful. 

Just now, LumRaiderFan said:

smh

Kinda jerks my chain when we just had a game with Houston Episcopal where both teams kneeled at the center of Pirate field after the game for a big team prayer. The Pirates have always shown the utmost respect and sportsmanship for any team that wants to reciprocate. Under Mathews I have seen them kneel and pray with many teams after wins or losses and now we get this BS from a Christian school over the past when coach has seemingly been at Vidor forever.

1 minute ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Kinda jerks my chain when we just had a game with Houston Episcopal where both teams kneeled at the center of Pirate field after the game for a big team prayer. The Pirates have always shown the utmost respect and sportsmanship for any team that wants to reciprocate. Under Mathews I have seen them kneel and pray with many teams after wins or losses and now we get this BS from a Christian school over the past when coach has seemingly been at Vidor forever.

Whomever made the decision to cancel the game should be taken behind the woodshed. 

For whatever it’s worth, when Vidor was in the same district as Ozen and Central (majority Black team), Coach Matthews used to orchestrate a combined team prayer before the game.  Was an awesome sight to see.  That act alone made me gain respect for Matthews and the Pirate athletic program…

10 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Pure ignorance of how things really are, sad that you guys are having to deal with this.  It’s a reflection on them, not y’all.

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

For whatever it’s worth, when Vidor was in the same district as Ozen and Central (majority Black team), Coach Matthews used to orchestrate a combined team prayer before the game.  Was an awesome sight to see.  That act alone made me gain respect for Matthews and the Pirate athletic program…

I was about to say the same thing Vidor had some awesome rivalries and moments with Ozen and Central. Mathews supported those guys and they loved him. I have seen many a Beaumont player that graduated walking Vidors sideline and rooting for the Pirates.

40 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

The AD’s name is Kelly Carroll. She should have to explain her decision in a public forum. 

Her phone number and email address are on their website…

48 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Whomever made the decision to cancel the game should be taken behind the woodshed. 

If your going to call or reach out do it with respect cause it could definitely be a reason. otherwise neither of these post are gonna help the situation at all imo

on a side note, when I played I got called more names from Port Neches, then I ever did from Vidor. And I agree with Soulja Coach Matthews was always one of my fav coaches. Him Stowers and Washington were all pretty close and had the upmost respect for each other 

3 minutes ago, TexazBall said:

If your going to call or reach out do it with respect otherwise neither of these post are gonna help the situation at all imo

If it’s true, she has lost ALL rights to respect. What respect does she have for the kids from Vidor, the coaches from Vidor, the entire Vidor community for that matter? Respect…that’s a characteristic she may need a lesson in. It turns my stomach. 

45 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The games between both Ozen and Central when Vidor played them, it was always very classy and respectful. A reason why alot Vidor fans like myself loved when we played against them. There was never any ill-will towards either team.