Question for Vidor folks

wbfan

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

This thread is pretty relevant now and spot on seeing as how Vidors replacement opponent just backed out for these very reasons... amazing. Some people can’t let the past be the past.

It is not even simply the past. They are punishing 16 and 17 year old kids who have nothing to do with a reputation of some people in a town from 50 or more years ago.

10 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It is not even simply the past. They are punishing 16 and 17 year old kids who have nothing to do with a reputation of some people in a town from 50 or more years ago.

I’m sure almost every town would have the same issue if the truth be known but Vidor will probably have a bad name forever. I can’t tell you how many people have blamed us for one particular incident that my only reply to is that they made a movie about it, it’s called Jasper Texas.

2 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I’m sure almost every town would have the same issue if the truth be known but Vidor will probably have a bad name forever. I can’t tell you how many people have blamed us for one particular incident that my only reply to is that they made a movie about it, it’s called Jasper Texas.

I told @biaplayer every town has a history. It's just ALOT more than others for ALOT around here. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I told @biaplayer every town has a history. It's just ALOT more than others for ALOT around here. 

My father told me about some wild stuff that went on in Beaumont, Port Arthur and Orange back in the 60s. Vidor used to be crazy back then but this area has changed and there is no doubt about it. If you are going to stop playing teams in Texas towns based on their past then you better go play teams in Louisiana. Oh wait, that might not work out for you either. I wonder if there has ever been a racist event in their towns past? If there has ever been one incident in history then they better cancel the yearly intrasquad scrimmage...

Hay guys I have to say this the real reason why people don't won't to play vidor cuz one and yes some people may disagree of what I'm about to say Everytime wos play vidor y'all do us dirty it only take one vidor football to do an unsportsmanlike conduct against a black football player it gets out like when we played y'all one of the football player from vidor kick our football player in the growing area so the refs don't see it happening words do gets out about it and people reads it so that why no one done want to come play y'all in vidor I might be wrong but it does happen

4 minutes ago, Stangfan#1 said:

Hay guys I have to say this the real reason why people don't won't to play vidor cuz one and yes some people may disagree of what I'm about to say Everytime wos play vidor y'all do us dirty it only take one vidor football to do an unsportsmanlike conduct against a black football player it gets out like when we played y'all one of the football player from vidor kick our football player in the growing area so the refs don't see it happening words do gets out about it and people reads it so that why no one done want to come play y'all in vidor I might be wrong but it does happen

🙄
Oh goodness. It’s people like you that perpetuate this false issue. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

🙄
Oh goodness. It’s people like you that perpetuate this false issue. 

No it's not it's the true if u don't like what I said then forget but I promise u sir or ma'am I know for a fact it's an article what I read about y'all throwing stuff at the bus when they leave from there I'm not saying that y'all is real bad but I also seen it with my own eyes when I was playing football for wos back in 94 y'all throw beer bottles at the bus and band bus if I find the article about it I will post it on here I'm just being real and again I'm not putting y'all down or talking about y'all I just seen things happen with my own eyes so please let's not make this out that I'm downing y'all cause I'm not don't get mad at me I'm just making a point don't mean no harm about it okay but that's one of the reasons why Nederland don't like playing vidor in vidor it's the bad people making it bad for the good people is it right no it's not cool at all is it the players fault no it's not but It only takes one bad person than it's all over with but it is crazy about what happen to vidor it's not about budget costs it's just about what happen when teams do play vidor in vidor

3 minutes ago, Stangfan#1 said:

No it's not it's the true if u don't like what I said then forget but I promise u sir or ma'am I know for a fact it's an article what I read about y'all throwing stuff at the bus when they leave from there I'm not saying that y'all is real bad but I also seen it with my own eyes when I was playing football for wos back in 94 y'all throw beer bottles at the bus and band bus if I find the article about it I will post it on here I'm just being real and again I'm not putting y'all down or talking about y'all I just seen things happen with my own eyes so please let's not make this out that I'm downing y'all cause I'm not don't get mad at me I'm just making a point don't mean no harm about it okay but that's one of the reasons why Nederland don't like playing vidor in vidor it's the bad people making it bad for the good people is it right no it's not cool at all is it the players fault no it's not but It only takes one bad person than it's all over with but it is crazy about what happen to vidor it's not about budget costs it's just about what happen when teams do play vidor in vidor

I think that is enough.

9 minutes ago, Stangfan#1 said:

1994 was 27 years ago…

14 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Stuff like that happening Vidor never happened when I went to school in Vidor and I moved here in 1991 and graduated in 2005 and I can vividly remember that we have never done that during my era of time in Vidor and Mathews surely would never put up with it himself.

WRONG!!

I just read it on the internet.  😀

1 hour ago, Stangfan#1 said:

None of that type of crap has happened in recent years, like since 2000. So that’s 20+ years with Mathews at the helm but to your point I do recall Nederland vandalizing Vidors school before they had to come play us not too long ago. I also remember Lumberton doing something similar in the late 90s to Vidors field. I can’t recall the Pirates doing anything like that to anyone else’s stadium, school or field. We are an easy target because of the past so ignorant people take advantage. I don’t discredit your story though, maybe something like that did happen 30 years ago but I seriously doubt anyone was throwing beer bottles at your busses at the high school.

I didn't mean nothing about it but I played football for wos in 1994 itut I doesn't matter I was just responding to someone post didn't mean anything about it I was just saying I been though it seen it happen I don't have a problem with none of vidor folks just speaking though experience it happen to me do I want to relive it no it was a time it made me feel down about ourselves that's the past doe maybe no one should make any posts about vidor history it shouldn't been made anyway cause it was wrong I'm not an bad person and I don't hate on any race I'm a lover not an fighter maybe this post should be taken down for stuff just like this I don't abuse anyone on here we all talk about football but for this post to be made after what happen is wrong just putting it out there let's stick with the topic about football and not what so past history have done 

1 hour ago, Stangfan#1 said:

I didn't mean nothing about it but I played football for wos in 1994 itut I doesn't matter I was just responding to someone post didn't mean anything about it I was just saying I been though it seen it happen I don't have a problem with none of vidor folks just speaking though experience it happen to me do I want to relive it no it was a time it made me feel down about ourselves that's the past doe maybe no one should make any posts about vidor history it shouldn't been made anyway cause it was wrong I'm not an bad person and I don't hate on any race I'm a lover not an fighter maybe this post should be taken down for stuff just like this I don't abuse anyone on here we all talk about football but for this post to be made after what happen is wrong just putting it out there let's stick with the topic about football and not what so past history have done 

Period.