Question for Vidor folks

wbfan

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hey, anybody remember that time Vidor beat Crosby’s ass in the playoffs? Good times y’all..

🏴‍☠️

Hell our game just got canceled, let’s play them again. Y’all free for another beating this week? It’ll be just like old times...

HEY....You can't say things like that...peoples feelings get hurt!

5 minutes ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Hey, anybody remember that time Vidor beat Crosby’s ass in the playoffs? Good times y’all..

🏴‍☠️

Hell our game just got canceled, let’s play them again. Y’all free for another beating this week? It’ll be just like old times...

I wish, but Crosby needs the bye week to prepare for district. I actually was thinking the same thing. But no matter the outcome, there would always be that “remember that time…..”. 

3 minutes ago, CCRed said:

I wish, but Crosby needs the bye week to prepare for district. I actually was thinking the same thing. But no matter the outcome, there would always be that “remember that time…..”. 

We are all just happy to be able to play football in the same general vicinity as the mecca of football

8 hours ago, Hagar said:

Heck yeah, when one school has 1900 students and the other has 1200. Not sure any other Golden Triangle team has more wins against Crosby.

There are several teams in the area that has more wins against Crosby than what Vidor has.

Silsbee is one of them. Silsbee is 8-2 all time against Crosby. But, they have not played in a few decades.

32 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

There are several teams in the area that has more wins against Crosby than what Vidor has.

Silsbee is one of them. Silsbee is 8-2 all time against Crosby. But, they have not played in a few decades.

Yep.  Back in the day when the schools were relatively the same size, Crosby played Silsbee, Jasper, Liberty, South Park Greenies, Lumberton, and others.

Here’s the last nine years of Crosby vs Golden Triangle teams.  I started with 2011.  To my knowledge, the first time in a long time that Vidor played Crosby.  Read’em and weep. 😂😄😂

Crosby lost 

2019 - Vidor

2018 - Nederland

2017 - PNG 

2016-13 — None

2012 - Nederland 

2011 - Vidor

Crosby Beat

2019 - PNG & Ned

2018 - WOS, VIDOR, PNG (FF?)

2017 - Jasper & LCM

2016 - Vidor

2015 - Ned & Ltown

2014 - Ned & Ozen

2013 - Ned & PNG

2012 - Ozen

2011 - PNG

Here’s the records.

0-1 - WOS, LCM, Jasper, Ltown

0-2 - Ozen

PNG 1-4

Ned 2-4

VIDOR 2-2

21 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Oh. Now you want to specify the years to fit your narrative. Your original post about teams beating Crosby never stated the years.

I was referring to fairly recent games.  Since I’m not a fan of Crosby, PNG, or Ned, I’m not cognizant of their histories.  Unfortunately, I’m all too familiar with Interstate 10 - Vidor 0.

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Here’s the last nine years of Crosby vs Golden Triangle teams.  I started with 2011.  To my knowledge, the first time in a long time that Vidor played Crosby.  Read’em and weep. 😂😄😂

Crosby lost 

2019 - Vidor

2018 - Nederland

2017 - PNG 

2016-13 — None

2012 - Nederland 

2011 - Vidor

Crosby Beat

2019 - PNG & Ned

2018 - WOS, VIDOR, PNG (FF?)

2017 - Jasper & LCM

2016 - Vidor

2015 - Ned & Ltown

2014 - Ned & Ozen

2013 - Ned & PNG

2012 - Ozen

2011 - PNG

Here’s the records.

0-1 - WOS, LCM, Jasper, Ltown

0-2 - Ozen

PNG 1-4

Ned 2-4

VIDOR 2-2

Did you overlook the Nederland district championship at Crosby in 2020 in the last game in district?

6 hours ago, dme1111 said:

This entire thread should be deleted.  Lets talk about FOOTBALL!!!  I don't want to talk about history, crime, or a word about race.  Any thread such as this is asking for trouble. 

This thread is about football. Whether this thread is made or not, it's still an elephant in the room to people outside of SETX who arent familiar with the change that's gone on there. Pretending it isn't there won't change anything.

That said, many people are talking about this Crosby vs Vidor rivalry which is pretty interesting. I never knew Crosby was afraid of The Slot-T offense.

3 hours ago, wbfan said:

This thread is about football. Whether this thread is made or not, it's still an elephant in the room to people outside of SETX who arent familiar with the change that's gone on there. Pretending it isn't there won't change anything.

That said, many people are talking about this Crosby vs Vidor rivalry which is pretty interesting. I never knew Crosby was afraid of The Slot-T offense.

I wouldn’t say afraid. You just prepare and play against spread teams all year and then you got this 1950’s style offense that can cause you real problems just because you’re not used to seeing it.

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Did you overlook the Nederland district championship at Crosby in 2020 in the last game in district?

My post involved the years 2011, when Vidor began playing Crosby (in recent history), and thru 2019, the last year Vidor played Crosby before dropping down to 4A in 2020.  
In those years, Crosby has owned the Golden Triangle, except for Vidor.  

36 minutes ago, Hagar said:

My post involved the years 2011, when Vidor began playing Crosby (in recent history), and thru 2019, the last year Vidor played Crosby before dropping down to 4A in 2020.  
In those years, Crosby has owned the Golden Triangle, except for Vidor.  

OK. I was thinking that Nederland at 3-4 wasn’t exactly “owned”.  

13 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

OK. I was thinking that Nederland at 3-4 wasn’t exactly “owned”.  

Well in the years mentioned Ned was 2-4.  Then taking in the whole shebang, Crosby was 16-5 vs the Golden Triangle.  Pretty good winning percentage.  Reminds me somewhat of the days Dayton seem to beat most everyone here.

14 hours ago, dme1111 said:

This entire thread should be deleted.  Lets talk about FOOTBALL!!!  I don't want to talk about history, crime, or a word about race.  Any thread such as this is asking for trouble. 

Then don’t read it. Honestly, it was a stupid thread to begin with, but I’m not really into the Cancel Culture thing… js

21 hours ago, dme1111 said:

7 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Then don’t read it. Honestly, it was a stupid thread to begin with, but I’m not really into the Cancel Culture thing… js

This thread is pretty relevant now and spot on seeing as how Vidors replacement opponent just backed out for these very reasons... amazing. Some people can’t let the past be the past.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:39 PM, wbfan said:

I have always wondered if it's difficult to get non-district games? Especially at home given the reputation of the town regardless of how outdated it may be.

Anybody in the know who could answer this?

I know the answer now... you are correct and you called it. Vidor just had their game canceled because of past reputation.