Question for Vidor folks

wbfan

37 minutes ago, wbfan said:

I have always wondered if it's difficult to get non-district games? Especially at home given the reputation of the town regardless of how outdated it may be.

Anybody in the know who could answer this?

I have heard that it is sometimes harder to find teams that want to play non-district games due to our style of play. With the ground & pound offense and constant cut blocking, some teams prefer to look elsewhere. I haven’t heard anything about the bad rep being the reason, although that may play into it for some schools. I am not completely in the know but I do have good sources that are heavily involved in the program.

In 2019/2020 Beaumont, Tx. was ranked as the 24th most dangerous city in the USA to be a victim of a violent crime.

24. Beaumont, Texas

Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,059
Property Crimes Per 100k: 3,783

With a violent crime rate of 1,059 per 100,000 residents, Beaumont just narrowly 

This is the hidden content, please
 as the most dangerous major city in the Lone Star state. Much like Chattanooga, Beaumont has an aggravated assault problem, with a whopping 798 reported in 2018. In 2019, Beaumont has also experienced more homicides than the previous year and city officials are desperate to change the narrative.

“Per ca-pita, we are the murder capital of the state of Texas, and we want to change that, we’re not satisfied with that,” said Jefferson County District Attorney Bob Wortham.

The Beaumont Police Department has implemented a high tech tool to help curb firearm violence. Known as the 

, the tool allows authorities to better track firearms used in different crimes.

Crosby, the self proclaimed football Mecca of SETX, caused a little stir.  I think it was under the guise of racist fears, but imo the real reason was the fact that Vidor had inexplicably beaten Crosby several times.  Crosby has dominated the triangle schools and getting beat by Vidor several times was more than the Admin could stand.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Crosby, the self proclaimed football Mecca of SETX, caused a little stir.  I think it was under the guise of racist fears, but imo the real reason was the fact that Vidor had inexplicably beaten Crosby several times.  Crosby has dominated the triangle schools and getting beat by Vidor several times was more than the Admin could stand.

When the Crosby admin chose not to play Vidor they had never even played before so the premise that we didn’t want to play them because they had beaten us is a lie. Vidor has beaten Crosby twice, once in bi-district in 2011 and once in district play in 2019. If that is several to you then fine.

How did it backfire against Crosby? We put better teams on the schedule that were more likely to run what we would face on a deep run like we had to the state championship last year while Vidor hasn’t won a first round game since that 2011 contest. Crosby is rolling and Vidor went .500 in 4A last year, if that’s the karma we got them give me more of it. 

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

So two times qualifies as "several"?

2 hours ago, KF89 said:

In 2019/2020 Beaumont, Tx. was ranked as the 24th most dangerous city in the USA to be a victim of a violent crime.

24. Beaumont, Texas

Violent Crimes Per 100k: 1,059
Property Crimes Per 100k: 3,783

With a violent crime rate of 1,059 per 100,000 residents, Beaumont just narrowly 

as the most dangerous major city in the Lone Star state. Much like Chattanooga, Beaumont has an aggravated assault problem, with a whopping 798 reported in 2018. In 2019, Beaumont has also experienced more homicides than the previous year and city officials are desperate to change the narrative.

“Per ca-pita, we are the murder capital of the state of Texas, and we want to change that, we’re not satisfied with that,” said Jefferson County District Attorney Bob Wortham.

The Beaumont Police Department has implemented a high tech tool to help curb firearm violence. Known as the 

, the tool allows authorities to better track firearms used in different crimes.

If you really want to use that site as your reference, that tells me everything I need to know.  
but I can give you several links to many towns and areas around SETX that shows crimes.  But most don’t understand that you’ll have more crimes in the biggest city with the biggest population of people.  

Anyway, back to Pirate football.  I agree with the previous poster.  The style of play for Vidor would probably deter most teams from scheduling them.  But then again, that does not explain about the Vidor home games.  Can’t use poor facilities as an excuse anymore…

53 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

When the Crosby admin chose not to play Vidor they had never even played before so the premise that we didn’t want to play them because they had beaten us is a lie. Vidor has beaten Crosby twice, once in bi-district in 2011 and once in district play in 2019. If that is several to you then fine.

How did it backfire against Crosby? We put better teams on the schedule that were more likely to run what we would face on a deep run like we had to the state championship last year while Vidor hasn’t won a first round game since that 2011 contest. Crosby is rolling and Vidor went .500 in 4A last year, if that’s the karma we got them give me more of it. 

Lol, you’re so sensitive about Vidor whipping up on Crosby you go all verbally spider monkey..  😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Crosby not wanting to play Vidor was based on Vidor's PAST reputation.  A PAST reputation that some still hold on to in their the small, narrow mind.  A small, narrow mind that will never allow them to see that people and town can change.  So take you football facts, shine them up real nice, bend over....and you know the rest 

16 minutes ago, PirateNole984 said:

Crosby not wanting to play Vidor was based on Vidor's PAST reputation.  A PAST reputation that some still hold on to in their the small, narrow mind.  A small, narrow mind that will never allow them to see that people and town can change.  So take you football facts, shine them up real nice, bend over....and you know the rest 

It is what it is. So like I originally asked, how did not playing Vidor backfire against Crosby? 

2 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

It is what it is. So like I originally asked, how did not playing Vidor backfire against Crosby? 

I may be wrong but I believe it started when Vidor wanted to schedule Crosby. Crosby’s narrow minded administration, coaches, whoever said no. Vidor got the last laugh when they met in the playoffs that year. And there’s no reason to reply. All you say is…that was one year, what have y’all done since then, blah blah blah

1 hour ago, PirateNole984 said:

I may be wrong but I believe it started when Vidor wanted to schedule Crosby. Crosby’s narrow minded administration, coaches, whoever said no. Vidor got the last laugh when they met in the playoffs that year. And there’s no reason to reply. All you say is…that was one year, what have y’all done since then, blah blah blah

That’s correct. Flannigan was here and Matthews was trying to get a notable game on the schedule. Crosby admin said no and the next year they fired him for losing to Vidor in the first round. It was the greatest thing that happened to Crosby football because it got us Riordan and now Prieto. Matthews probably got an extension/raise off those wins. Since you already realize y’all haven’t don’t anything since then I won’t comment on that portion.