Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage

WOSdrummer99

Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • Carthage

5 hours ago, marshman said:

Any rational WO-S fan knows we can’t compete with Carthage.  That’s not to say we’re afraid of them but they clearly are the better team with better athletes. This is coming from a long time WO-S diehard supporter and graduate.

Our (Carthage) defense is the truth, but our offense hands the ball over a ton and our defense can't bail us out everytime. If that pick 6 doesn't happen and Gilmer scored it would have been 21-14 and would have prob came down to the end. Until we get a running game, making it to state isn't a guarantee. 

11 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Our (Carthage) defense is the truth, but our offense hands the ball over a ton and our defense can't bail us out everytime. If that pick 6 doesn't happen and Gilmer scored it would have been 21-14 and would have prob came down to the end. Until we get a running game, making it to state isn't a guarantee. 

But that Dawg Defense is little short of awesome.  Can’t see anyone putting many points on them.  If Carthage can manage to get 21 points (between O & D) I think they win against any 4A team.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

But that Dawg Defense is little short of awesome.  Can’t see anyone putting many points on them.  If Carthage can manage to get 21 points (between O & D) I think they win against any 4A team.

I'm not worried a out our defense giving up points. I'm worried about our offense doing it. Either by turnovers or an extremely short field. 

I know we're just 3 games in and it will more than likely get better but I can only judge what I see now. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

I'm not worried a out our defense giving up points. I'm worried about our offense doing it. Either by turnovers or an extremely short field. 

I know we're just 3 games in and it will more than likely get better but I can only judge what I see now. 

What you are saying is what I said before the game. We needed some help from Carthage offense and we didn't get it. There is always next time........but I fully expect Surratt to get the QB playing a little better. You are right though. The late pick 6 made the score worse that it was. We don't throw that we are kinda still in the game. Like I said.......28-4 over a 2 year period aint bad🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

What you are saying is what I said before the game. We needed some help from Carthage offense and we didn't get it. There is always next time........but I fully expect Surratt to get the QB playing a little better. You are right though. The late pick 6 made the score worse that it was. We don't throw that we are kinda still in the game. Like I said.......28-4 over a 2 year period aint bad🤣🤣

Gilmer was never in the game. 
They had 17 yards and one first down in the first half. Gilmer defense played a great game but the Dawg QB gifted The Gilmer defense the ball without being touched and stopped the Dawgs from going down the field to score on three different occasions. Falling down for a 20 yard sack, dropping the ball and kicking it 20 yards towards Gilmer side of the field. He had a rough time. 
But he also made some great runs and touch down passes. The score should of been 35 to 0. 
The Gilmer QB was running for his life and made an unbelievable pass to wide receiver that made another unbelievable diving catch. That happen happened because the Dawgs fumbled the punt. 
The Gilmer QB was hit all night when he tried to pass or run. The running backs were hit most of the time behind the line of scrimmage. 
At the end of the game Dawgs had 293 yards to Gilmer 161. Without all those mishaps dropping the ball or bad snaps the Dawgs have more points and many more yards. 
Gilmer will still play Celina for the right to go to Jerry’s House in December. 
They are are a very good football team. I can guarantee coach Surratt will fix the mishaps Handling the football this week in practice. 

33 minutes ago, Horton said:

Gilmer was never in the game. 
They had 17 yards and one first down in the first half. Gilmer defense played a great game but the Dawg QB gifted The Gilmer defense the ball without being touched and stopped the Dawgs from going down the field to score on three different occasions. Falling down for a 20 yard sack, dropping the ball and kicking it 20 yards towards Gilmer side of the field. He had a rough time. 
But he also made some great runs and touch down passes. The score should of been 35 to 0. 
The Gilmer QB was running for his life and made an unbelievable pass to wide receiver that made another unbelievable diving catch. That happen happened because the Dawgs fumbled the punt. 
The Gilmer QB was hit all night when he tried to pass or run. The running backs were hit most of the time behind the line of scrimmage. 
At the end of the game Dawgs had 293 yards to Gilmer 161. Without all those mishaps dropping the ball or bad snaps the Dawgs have more points and many more yards. 
Gilmer will still play Celina for the right to go to Jerry’s House in December. 
They are are a very good football team. I can guarantee coach Surratt will fix the mishaps Handling the football this week in practice. 

What do you mean they were never in the game. The score was almost 21-14 in the 4th. I'm glad the defense stepped up. So basically you're saying that carthage just didn't make any mistakes that would have won bigger. Well that's obvious but reality is, our offense makes a lot of mistakes. 

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

What do you mean they were never in the game. The score was almost 21-14 in the 4th. I'm glad the defense stepped up. So basically you're saying that carthage just didn't make any mistakes that would have won bigger. Well that's obvious but reality is, our offense makes a lot of mistakes. 

He didn't watch the same game I did. Yall won we didn't. Our offense sucked, our defense played well. I take some solice in we are catching up to you some. Ill take our chances in a rematch.  Thats a while off if it happens. Ill wait. We will both be better by then hopefully 

20 hours ago, ctown81 said:

I have watched them play. Carthage defense is fr. But,I have been saying this for a couple yrs.if w.o play calling doesn't get better I can't even see them winning a game of this calliber.they might run 2 plays that are different from what teams have seen.and then it's vanilla.anyone can see what play is gonna be called.no imagination at all.dont know how many more times we can get away with this

2 hours ago, house said:

As I posted on the other board, if you haven't already, you might enjoy the coaches post game interview on the Gilmerbuckeye.com site.  I learned that Carthage is nervous about playing Gilmer again.  

Coach speak. Whats he supposed to tell us. We fully anticipate playing yall again. And it may be the same result...........but our coaches or kids won't be intimidated.