Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage

WOSdrummer99

Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • Carthage

10 hours ago, Stangfan#1 said:

We all know who going to win here Carthage is going win this one not big but they is going win 

Carthage 49

Gilmer 42

If we are blessed enough to score 42 you can give us a W. That would take their offense making multiple mistakes,  because their defense is not giving up 42. I see a much lower scoring game. 

I doubt any team Carthage plays this year will put up 40 points.  The defense is pretty much the same personnel as last year.  With no games played by the complete starting o-line by Carthage, that will be the question to the game.  But even with a struggling ground game, they've shown they can still beat a good team.  

I told yall we would have our hands full. Our defense was bend but don't break for most of the night. But their defensive line was in our backfield more than our running backs were. Until we solve that it will be the same every time. I can definitely see a scenario where we go 28-4 in 2 years and lose all 4 games to Carthage.  

49 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

I told yall we would have our hands full. Our defense was bend but don't break for most of the night. But their defensive line was in our backfield more than our running backs were. Until we solve that it will be the same every time. I can definitely see a scenario where we go 28-4 in 2 years and lose all 4 games to Carthage.  

Coaching is the biggest thing.whatever they're paying Surratt he deserves it.them and argyle are 2 of the best coach teams in 4a.

3 hours ago, lostaussie said:

Gilmer is a really good team.  You have cause for frustration.  Competing with Carthage for the next several years will be difficult.  

3 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

Where is your proof that someone from WOS is predicting ahead to this game? more outsiders with dumb arse text like this one.

The ones in that certain thread awhile back that got a couple of Carthage ppl riled up, that's what that poster is talking about. I'm not going to pull it up but it's still in this forum. 

7 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Wow, and Carthage’s offense will only get better.. Be careful what you wish for wo-s.

Any rational WO-S fan knows we can’t compete with Carthage.  That’s not to say we’re afraid of them but they clearly are the better team with better athletes. This is coming from a long time WO-S diehard supporter and graduate.