Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage

WOSdrummer99

Sept. 24 - Gilmer @ Carthage   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Gilmer
    • Carthage

This weather is enough to give everyone a bad day, and getting games canceled.  Then we have Covid, which now I’m convinced will be with us forever, also getting games canceled.  They’ve ruined pro football (and baseball).  They’re in the process of ruining college ball.  HS Sports is the mainstay of amateur sports left.

1 minute ago, Bansheefan said:

Don't think it will be easy everyone  already knows what carthage d is but the run game is still a very big question  mark that's a concern will not be able to pass 400+ on everyone

Nothing like a rematch of the SC game, #1 vs #2. Carthage is always the favorite against anyone on the schedule. Gilmer is running like a well oiled machine right now. How many times have they played in recent years? Sooner or later they're gonna get the W. Maybe not during pre district but when it counts later on.

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Nothing like a rematch of the SC game, #1 vs #2. Carthage is always the favorite against anyone on the schedule. Gilmer is running like a well oiled machine right now. How many times have they played in recent years? Sooner or later they're gonna get the W. Maybe not during pre district but when it counts later on.

We have had our share of wins......just not lately.  We will have our hands full again Friday night.  

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No one beats Carthage in a state championship game not as long as coach Surratt and coach Preston are there. 
we will have everyone of our O linemen playing against Gilmer. 
During coach Surratt’s weekly radio interview, he said the ones went against the ones this past week and there were some major hitting going on. He said they had a great week of practice. He said what he always says, we are improving but we are going to have to get better. 

9 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Definitely starting to switch my opinion on the winner. It is very possible Gilmer comes out playing strong wanting retribution for last year’s state game.

Carthage has worse problems in life than football.  So many prayers for this young man. 

Tyler is a freshman who plays football for Carthage High. During yesterday’s game he took a hit on the field and collapsed and became unresponsive as he left the field. He had emergency surgery last night. He has been diagnosed with 2nd Impact Syndrome, which is almost always fatal. And if he does survive he will likely never recover fully. This young man and his family need all the prayers they can get. 

I do not personally know Tyler, but I we haven’t mutual friends. And this is a reminder to those that may feel concussion protacols are a joke, they are there for a reason. 
✝️🙏❤️

33 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

Carthage has worse problems in life than football.  So many prayers for this young man. 

Tyler is a freshman who plays football for Carthage High. During yesterday’s game he took a hit on the field and collapsed and became unresponsive as he left the field. He had emergency surgery last night. He has been diagnosed with 2nd Impact Syndrome, which is almost always fatal. And if he does survive he will likely never recover fully. This young man and his family need all the prayers they can get. 

I do not personally know Tyler, but I we haven’t mutual friends. And this is a reminder to those that may feel concussion protacols are a joke, they are there for a reason. 
✝️🙏❤️

When was this? None of the highschool teams played this week and I have not heard of this

12 hours ago, lostaussie said:

✝️🙏❤️

This is not carthage tx this is from a team in carthage ny

1 hour ago, lostaussie said:

Wasn't doing that on purpose.  That story was on another et board also. I apologize for the confusion.  

I also thought it was Carthage TX. 

it was shared on Facebook and that where I saw it. lol I had even started a thread about it yesterday. Tyler in Carthage what is was called, the title probably had folks wondering what in the world was I talking about.