Mid-County Madness 2021

Rez Ipsa

23 hours ago, chief1987 said:

You obviously haven’t been paying to close attention to the current group of puppies. Step away from the keyboard every once in a while. 

They held WOS to 7 and Austin to 7 (I think).  PNG doesn’t have the offense that Silsbee does,  and Ned still came back and won.  I am well aware of Neds defense.

Rivalry games…. You never know. I will go out on a limb and say this much. PNG will need to get it together for the W. We have some key players back from injury which should help tremendously. But, we will need to score some points in order to make this a game. If we are playing from behind, we just do not have the firepower to make it a shoot out. But as far as history goes, this game usually proves history wrong. 20 in a row. 7 in a row, 4 out of 5, means absolutely zilch…. So whatever team is prepared, usually takes it home. 

The offensive problems for PNG have been downright confusing. The receivers aren’t open and the QB is not accurate. He throws the ball on a tight zipline, but it doesn’t go where it needs to be. But I will say it has seemed that if they just fix one or two things they become a more dangerous group and the season starts looking a lot better. Also, it goes without saying you can throw out records for MCM and anything can happen. Last years’ PNG victory over Nederland looks pretty bizarre given how awful Png’s defense was week in and week out and how well Nederland played down the stretch. But MCM is a different ball game and the two teams play differently in it. 

1 hour ago, Bigdog said:

I could try and go back and find the threads, but there were a few insisting he would still play QB eventually.

I have no doubt on that. But he was recruited as a QB and volunteered to play RB and will now likely find himself playing at the next level. So to say he was being recruited out of high school as a RB was not correct. 

2 hours ago, outanup said:

Dogs…. And what say you?

i dont know about the game,because records usually dont matter in this game,nor much of anything else,but from 3 games ive watched, in my opinion,no way dogs are 10th best team in state!png has played better teams i think so far.im pulling for dogs for sure,but i wouldnt put my money on it,ive learned to not bet with my heart,im a cowboys fan lol

35 minutes ago, chorizo said:

i dont know about the game,because records usually dont matter in this game,nor much of anything else,but from 3 games ive watched, in my opinion,no way dogs are 10th best team in state!png has played better teams i think so far.im pulling for dogs for sure,but i wouldnt put my money on it,ive learned to not bet with my heart,im a cowboys fan lol

Gotta agree about the ranking......

A little history for you.

2020 PNG 22-21

2019 PNG 27-21

2018 PNG 34-21

2017 Nederland 36-35

2016 PNG 41-21

2015 Nederland 30-27

2014 Nederland 35-28

2013 Nederland 21-17

2012 Nederland 37-12

2011 Nederland 24-21

2010 Nederland 39-32

2009 PNG 23-7

2008 Nederland 41-21

2007 PNG 28-16

2006 Nederland 31-24

2005 Nederland 35-28

2004 Nederland 19-13

2003 PNG 23-14

2002 Nederland 22-19

2001 Nederland 42-10

2000 Nederland 21-19

PNG 504 points 

Nederland 554 Points

50 Points difference in a 20 year span

That's a 2.5 ppg difference over a 20 year period. 

This is the 97th meeting between these two schools. 

PNG leads the series 52-38-7

The first game was in 1925 which Nederland won 6-0

The second game was coincidentally in the same year 1925 which PN won 13-7.

The largest margin of victory ever between the two schools was a 71-0 Victory by PNG in 1947

The second largest margin of victory was in 1992 a 54-0 PNG win

PNG has shutout Nederland 25 times in 96 games

Nederland has shutout PNG 13 times in 96 games.