Nederland ‘Smash Room’

BMTSoulja1

The evidence that smashing, destroying items is therapeutical is an overwhelmingly "no". Rage is one of the least likely determinants of depression leading to suicide. Most suicidal people are not looking for revenge or driven by rage. There is zero evidence that allowing suicidal people to vent their frustrations will alleviate the psychosis. Simplifying the dynamics of causation of suicide to simple "rage" in need of release has no scientific support. Since I don't possess the master level of persuasion, I apologize for resorting to repetition to make my point. 

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

😂😂😂😂. That was funny, but not funny.  Because mental health is pretty serious…

It is serious, but we ve made it were everyone is coddled and believed to have mental issues when in reality they need to grow up and stop feeling sorry for themselves. 

there s a reason the greatest generation is called the greatest generation…. And I’m not even close in age to that generation.

Mental health is real but it’s not as wide spread as society has made it.

1 minute ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It is serious, but we ve made it were everyone is coddled and believed to have mental issues when in reality they need to grow up and stop feeling sorry for themselves. 

there s a reason the greatest generation is called the greatest generation…. And I’m not even close in age to that generation.

I understand your stance now.  

53 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Spot on post.

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

😂😂😂😂. That was funny, but not funny.  Because mental health is pretty serious…

It seems like people are being taught they should always be happy and nothing should upset them. I had a friend after his Dad passed away started drinking (more than social) and taking Xanax because, his reason, "it takes away the pain",,,,,,my response was it is supposed to hurt when a parent passes away, it is the natural part of the grieving process. 

I know some mental illnesses are real and it's a problem. I also know some is being breed with teaching. Example, when I was younger, you faced a bully. It didn't always work to your benefit, but it taught you to stand up for yourself, and a butt kicking didn't really hurt THAT bad.....and typically, if you stood up to the bully, win or lose, they left you alone BECAUSE you stood up for yourself. Now days, you are taught to pass along your bully problem for someone else to handle. I don't agree with that, didn't teach my kid that,  and he is mentally healthy and not afraid to stand up for himself......

You wanna feel good? Take a pill. 
You wanna go to sleep? Take a pill. 
You wanna wake up? Take a pill. 
You wanna focus more? Take a pill. 
You wanna poop? Take a pill. 
Pooping too much? Take a pill. 

You wanna feel like a human? Get off the pills. 

🎶Keep your nose on the grindstone and out of the pills…🎶” -Tyler Childers