District 10-4A-1 Predictions

Hagar

47 minutes ago, Bobcat.23 said:

Unfortunately the guy I'm talking to is actually talking about that scrimmage and no they did not have 6 or 7 starters out with COVID

Understood. 
Then for him I will say about a scrimmage:

Still working on new plays, new players, new schemes, etc. 

You will play 1s, 2s & 3s to figure out unanswered personnel questions

Unless it’s an absolute domination blowout, you can probably wipe your behind with the score. That’s why they don’t count in your win/loss record. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at making some revisions here, this thing has gotten shaken up drastically after just 2 weeks of district play. The Pirates are now sitting in the drivers seat with the Raiders riding shotgun. I thought they’d both be sitting in the back seat constantly asking ‘Are we there yet?’ Buckle your seatbelt the ride could get bumpy ahead.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, raideroldtimer said:

As far as our sports teams go let's see, while it's true we haven't been in the  playoffs much for football we have boys and girls soccer teams who are in the playoffs virtually annually. We've also got good basketball teams both boys and girls, our baseball/softball teams have made the playoffs many times. Our cheerleaders who if you watch them for any team are ectremely athletic not only won state but have placed in the top five nationally several times. Lumberton offers a well rounded curriculum for its' students who want to participate, hell even the band went to the state competition 2 years in a row, once as 5A once as 4A and continue to be one of the most excellent bands in the region. We've got every bit as much if not more to cheer about than Snuff Gulley has.

As for as the topic at hand, Vidor may have a shot at district along with Huffman and I expect Lumberton to be in the mix when playoffs come after waatching the way those boys battled last Friday.

Old timer was onto something…

9 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Now I’m thinking.

1. Vidor

2. LCM

3. Lumberton 

4. HH

2/3 playing for positioning this week but I think LCM will get it done.

5. Livingston 

6. Splendora

Only problems I see with this is Lumberton and Vidor will be playing for DC, there I said it. Also do you really think HH can win out or does Livingston sneak up on them with an extra win?

16 hours ago, raideroldtimer said:

Only problems I see with this is Lumberton and Vidor will be playing for DC, there I said it. Also do you really think HH can win out or does Livingston sneak up on them with an extra win?

I'll take it but I'm still worried about HH, they have the same QB and he really did a number on us last year.

3 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

I bet Randy White was a problem in high school.

Can’t imagine anyone that would’ve wanted to discipline him.  Met him about 7 years ago before retiring.  He was at our plant for United Way.  His forearms were still probably 16” around, and still had steel in his eyes.  An old man you’d want to avoid, lol.